What's new

FCDC circa 1970

Status
Not open for further replies.
At FCDC the conditions were horrible, but the spirit of the place and the people I worked with are what has made it stick with me through the years.


I agree; the spirit, the people, the camaraderie, the ability to offer some help and personal improvement to others, and the going exterior (that changed my world). The poverty and organizational madness was grievously disappointing.
 
Welcome KnowJuan! You are most heartily greeted here at FCDC. I was staff about 72-73 or 4, but I try not to remind myself. It was a fun place until I caught on to the scam. There are, or at least were (before being banned) quite a number of exFCDC'ers here on ESMB. Mystic and I would like to restore the reputation of this thread and return it to its former glory. That would include pics of cute ladies. Jokes. Whatever.
 
Speaking of guns, did you ever shoot rats with George Spingler out in the alley behind 2125 "S" Street? Big cat-sized rats.
I went hunting with George one evening when we realized that on the left side of the back courtyard at the bottom of 3 or 4 steps leading down there was a locked door to a room that did not appear to be connected by any other access to the rest of the building. Naturally George quickly figured out a way to jimmy open the door and we found all the material that had been seized in the Federal raid (IRS? FBI?) and had been returned. I still have one of the green metal e-meters that were taken in the raid; it was already out of date so we each grabbed a souvenir. There were some other guys with us at the time but I forget who.
 
I went hunting with George one evening when we realized that on the left side of the back courtyard at the bottom of 3 or 4 steps leading down there was a locked door to a room that did not appear to be connected by any other access to the rest of the building. Naturally George quickly figured out a way to jimmy open the door and we found all the material that had been seized in the Federal raid (IRS? FBI?) and had been returned. I still have one of the green metal e-meters that were taken in the raid; it was already out of date so we each grabbed a souvenir. There were some other guys with us at the time but I forget who.

Oh that's interesting. I never knew all that schoidt was returned. How come no one ever tells me anything?
 
I remember e-meters and Div 6 & 2 pamphlets being hidden/stored in that dark room: I guess there was other stuff as well. My second favorite, to the green metal e-meter, was the Div 2 brochure promoting OTVI, which at that time was "able to be stably exterior and to create effects." That seemed to me to be the coolest thing in the world, or out of the world, whichever. I think the brochure mentioned something about being exterior and being able to make the sound of a phone ringing when there was no phone present, or something like that; does anyone else remember that?
 
Wow. It looks like you boys are really losin your edge. That car doesn't have tits. :coolwink:

But it has HORSEPOWER. That is all any guy wants. Defined as the ability of the vehicle to rip one's head off one's neck when put in 1st gear and floored.

Secretariat would be impressed.
 
Welcome KnowJuan! You are most heartily greeted here at FCDC. I was staff about 72-73 or 4, but I try not to remind myself. It was a fun place until I caught on to the scam. There are, or at least were (before being banned) quite a number of exFCDC'ers here on ESMB. Mystic and I would like to restore the reputation of this thread and return it to its former glory. That would include pics of cute ladies. Jokes. Whatever.



tsk! tsk! tsk! ya mean enjoy ourselves? well, pics of cute men then...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top