What's new

FCDC circa 1970

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the name of the guy whose eyes would go back and forth about 100 times a minute? This was on S Street. I think his first name was Tony, but I'm not sure. But it wasn't Tony Settons.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Settons was estates wasn't he, or am I thinking of someone else? Truth to tell, despite the fact that we'd all made a pretty bad decision to go in, Scientology could use the full 70s crowd at DC now. Don't wish that to sound self-serving but... jeeeesus.
 
No it was Tony Jones. Tony Settons was the estates manager though. Settons use to get purchase orders approved to buy beer. He would use the beer to bride the garbage collectors to take extra stuff, or to hire some street laborers to help him with labor intensive stuff.

The Anabaptist Jacques
 
No it was Tony Jones. Tony Settons was the estates manager though. Settons use to get purchase orders approved to buy beer. He would use the beer to bride the garbage collectors to take extra stuff, or to hire some street laborers to help him with labor intensive stuff.

The Anabaptist Jacques

See? That's what I'm TAWKIN about! Woo!
 
Settons

No it was Tony Jones. Tony Settons was the estates manager though. Settons use to get purchase orders approved to buy beer. He would use the beer to bride the garbage collectors to take extra stuff, or to hire some street laborers to help him with labor intensive stuff.

The Anabaptist Jacques

On the day of the raid in July of 77 it was plenty hot outside, but Tony Settons wanted to add to the comfort of the FBI agents and turned on the boiler so all the radiators came on full heat.
 
The raid was on a Friday. I wasn't in the org. I found out about it from Chuck Judge when I ran into him at the 7-11. But at my job first thing Monday morning I was told by my boss that security had called him and that I had to keep in mind that I did not have any security clearance. I wasn't involved in anything, but they weren't taking any chances. The Feds were pissed.

The Anabaptist Jacques
 
Here's a Deitz story

I emailed Jeffrey about this a few weeks ago and he claims to not remember the incident.

We were riding in a car one fine spring day, probably going to sign up for food stamps, with Sheryl Lowe (later Sheryl Licciardi) and her son Bobby in the front seat and Jeff, Gyme De Angelo, my brother and I in the back seat, I forget who was driving. Bobby was leaning over the seat facing the rear and acting very obnoxious. You know the typical, thetan in a little body, bad manners routine and he started spitting at us. Jeff warned him three times to stop and told him that if he didn't stop, he wouldn't like the consequences. Well Bobby being the well behaved child of a Scientology staff member didn't stop, so Jeff started sniffin' and snortin' and came up with a prize lunger which he proceeded to expel to the center of little Bobby's noggin'.

He must have gotten the message because he stopped spitting at us.
 
I heard this story! I think it probably was from Jeffrey. But if I remember correctly he described it with his usual clever euphemisism, and he didn't say who the kid was. But that was a long time ago.

The Anabaptist Jacques.
 
I emailed Jeffrey about this a few weeks ago and he claims to not remember the incident.

We were riding in a car one fine spring day, probably going to sign up for food stamps, with Sheryl Lowe (later Sheryl Licciardi) and her son Bobby in the front seat and Jeff, Gyme De Angelo, my brother and I in the back seat, I forget who was driving. Bobby was leaning over the seat facing the rear and acting very obnoxious. You know the typical, thetan in a little body, bad manners routine and he started spitting at us. Jeff warned him three times to stop and told him that if he didn't stop, he wouldn't like the consequences. Well Bobby being the well behaved child of a Scientology staff member didn't stop, so Jeff started sniffin' and snortin' and came up with a prize lunger which he proceeded to expel to the center of little Bobby's noggin'.

He must have gotten the message because he stopped spitting at us.

Now that's some excellent parenting!
 
Dear Bikerchick:

Yes, I am here. I see from your file that you purchased a copy of Dianetics Modern Science of Mental Health in 1962.

How did you like the book?

Why don;t you come in to the org an try some auditing.

ARC,

Jim Dork
Letter Registrar

(Stat 1 letter out yippee)

Damn. thats worth a commendation!
 
Who remembers the woman who the body routers would occasionally bring in because they couldn't get anyone else? Thin, not that old, but this HUGE head of hair that she wrapped in a scarf (sometimes aluminum foil), and carrying a bag full of Ron knows what. How big was the hair? Think the babe who chewed gum in Mars Attacks... yes, THAT BIG.

BIGGER THAN TRAVOLTA IN MY AVATAR!

I used to love the look on Dietz's face when he'd see her routed in yet again by some hapless body router.


:gathering: this is hysterical. I REMEMBER that woman with the HUGE hair. She for sure had mental problems, i never saw her in the org but around Connecticut Avenue and near the Cold Duck. Anybody remember that place.
Some staff worked there as waitresses and staff would duck in from time to time to grab a cold one. Connie Cambron was cool. She was old OTVII. I loved to talk to her, she was serene and kind. and then some shmuck delcared her an SP :wtf: I couldn't understand that.

There was a girl in CF who was x-army. Cathy something. She had a hell of a job, down there in CF with all those file cabinets and stuff, no fresh air.

We were a hell of a bunch of people :cheers:

I think Mallory is the one who passed out on Ct Ave when we had to wear nonbreathable sweat suits and run during the original purif rundown.

it's fun to look back at the good times.
 
:gathering: this is hysterical. I REMEMBER that woman with the HUGE hair. She for sure had mental problems, i never saw her in the org but around Connecticut Avenue and near the Cold Duck. Anybody remember that place.
Some staff worked there as waitresses and staff would duck in from time to time to grab a cold one. Connie Cambron was cool. She was old OTVII. I loved to talk to her, she was serene and kind. and then some shmuck delcared her an SP :wtf: I couldn't understand that.

There was a girl in CF who was x-army. Cathy something. She had a hell of a job, down there in CF with all those file cabinets and stuff, no fresh air.

We were a hell of a bunch of people :cheers:

I think Mallory is the one who passed out on Ct Ave when we had to wear nonbreathable sweat suits and run during the original purif rundown.

it's fun to look back at the good times.


The rubberized sweat suits. Geeze. Remember those well. I'm surprised more people did not pass out running around in those things. What were we thinking!

I dont recall the crazy hair lady; vague memory of the ex-Army girl.

Ahhh ... the Cold Duck. Fond memories. Only staff I knew who worked there was Marti Farra.
 
Party time.

With all the great enthusiasm on this thread and the general affinity we all had for one another at that time [early 70's], let's have a party. Everyone,please participate in advising to the details-time -place-costumes or not-party invite list-etc.:dance3:
 
With all the great enthusiasm on this thread and the general affinity we all had for one another at that time [early 70's], let's have a party. Everyone,please participate in advising to the details-time -place-costumes or not-party invite list-etc.:dance3:

:furious: I hate you all.
 
With all the great enthusiasm on this thread and the general affinity we all had for one another at that time [early 70's], let's have a party. Everyone,please participate in advising to the details-time -place-costumes or not-party invite list-etc.:dance3:

Wouldn't it be a hoot if we got more ex'es to come to this event than the current CoS could muster for an event? We should invite them anyway, even though they won't hand with the espees....
 
To Nozeno

I know that you are not OT3-it's so obvious that one of your bt's is suppressing your real theatan-Come out-Come out -where ever you are. Your theatan is still invited but you have to ditch the bitch! I'm thinking that everyone wears a mustache! I just remembered how poor I was back in those days- I used to have to use rubber bands to keep the soles of my shoes from coming totally undone-and I was on public lines! O Glory Be-it's so fricken Wonderful to be out and about with a pocket full of cash.:hattip:
 
Whew, thanks.

I know that you are not OT3-it's so obvious that one of your bt's is suppressing your real theatan-Come out-Come out -where ever you are. Your theatan is still invited but you have to ditch the bitch! I'm thinking that everyone wears a mustache! I just remembered how poor I was back in those days- I used to have to use rubber bands to keep the soles of my shoes from coming totally undone-and I was on public lines! O Glory Be-it's so fricken Wonderful to be out and about with a pocket full of cash.:hattip:

I was running my attention all over my body and I thought I got them all and then I found this little guy. He said he was on a ship in Curacao but he was having trouble breathing so he came up here. Thanks so much for the tip.

I love you all now.

BT.jpg
 
Bruce Ullman and John Spagnola. Outside DC org on the day of the FBI raid.

Wonder if Bruce still has his hair. I know John doesn't! :D

mscd9x.jpg


found at 47:14 into the video "The Secret Life of L. Ron Hubbard"

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=529204584324100028&hl=en

Ah Bruce, wasn't he head of Info Branch 1 in the GO? I remember having dinner with him one night and him telling me about getting mugged and refusing to give the mugger his wallet - so the mugger shot him.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top