What's new

FCDC circa 1970

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad and Rebecca?

Does anyone remember a married couple (but I don't think for long) named Brad and Rebecca. I met her at AOLA in June 1971 and I think I met him in &^ at ASHO? They were from staff from FCDC.
 
Does anyone remember a married couple (but I don't think for long) named Brad and Rebecca. I met her at AOLA in June 1971 and I think I met him in &^ at ASHO? They were from staff from FCDC.

Yes. Sweigart. I don't know where Rebecca is now, but Brad was out here in L.A. some years ago and remarried to a girl named Kathy. Not sure if he's still in. He was on OT VII, last I knew.

Lynn
 
1812 is where the magic happened---forget the scn aspect for a minute. We were young-didn't have a clue-no money-but we had hope [for what -I'm not sure]nd we became very good at what we were doing. There was fun-friendship and accomplishment and of course the hotties.
2125 is where this gang found itself faced with scn and the cos. Too many of our people went to flag-too many sea org missions came-the fun was deleted and we faced the enemy.

::: SIGH :::
 
Yes. Sweigart. I don't know where Rebecca is now, but Brad was out here in L.A. some years ago and remarried to a girl named Kathy. Not sure if he's still in. He was on OT VII, last I knew.

Lynn

Right!!!! Rebecca and Brad Sweigart.

Say, you've were in a long time ago. What caused you to remain in the cult for so long?

When I saw her, my eyes popped out of my head. She was hot. I didn't hit on her because she was married. When, later, I met Brad, and he said they had broken up shortly after, I kicked myself for my stupidity (ignorance of time, place, form, and event). I should have known that her raw sexuality was there for a reason.
 
List

We need a list. We need a list of all the persons on ESMB who are suspected and/or known to be still involved with Da Kult. I get a bit confusseled sometimes. Yes, yes, such a list could end up being quite controversial, could raise some eyebrows, could even cause some argumentation, even some laughs, giggles, sighs and well-I'll-be.

I don't feel experienced enough to start the list.

Might even need to be a thread of its own.

The List Needs YOU.
 
1812 is where the magic happened---forget the scn aspect for a minute. We were young-didn't have a clue-no money-but we had hope [for what -I'm not sure]nd we became very good at what we were doing. There was fun-friendship and accomplishment and of course the hotties.
2125 is where this gang found itself faced with scn and the cos. Too many of our people went to flag-too many sea org missions came-the fun was deleted and we faced the enemy.


This "hottie" says it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDVhB0jGP7I

The Anabaptist Jacques
 
What caused you to remain in the cult for so long?

:roflmao: :roflmao:

I ask myself that question all the time. All those decades.... The people around me were mostly good, so it blinded me to the fact that the system was created evil. With that education under my belt, I can now see things more clearly.

This is what lrh counted on -- the fact that people are basically good. So he got a bunch of good people together and they all looked around at each other and saw other good people and concluded this must be a good thing, when in fact it was rotten to the core.

Sorry it turned out that way. And I know people will look at this and say, "but the tech...," "but the wins...," "but the people I helped," etc. Yeah. That was me, for more decades than I care to admit. But it's just another booby-trapped dead end. And I don't think it was designed to be anything else.

But you can't really tell anybody that. It's something they really have to find out for themselves, as much as I'd like to try to save them the time and trouble of going through it. It just took me a very long time, because I didn't want to leave any stone unturned before I came to a conclusion about it.

Yes, evil exists in this world. And it's especially insidious when it has a pretty face.

Lynn
 
What caused you to remain in the cult for so long?

:roflmao: :roflmao:

I ask myself that question all the time. All those decades.... The people around me were mostly good, so it blinded me to the fact that the system was created evil. With that education under my belt, I can now see things more clearly.

This is what lrh counted on -- the fact that people are basically good. So he got a bunch of good people together and they all looked around at each other and saw other good people and concluded this must be a good thing, when in fact it was rotten to the core.

Sorry it turned out that way. And I know people will look at this and say, "but the tech...," "but the wins...," "but the people I helped," etc. Yeah. That was me, for more decades than I care to admit. But it's just another booby-trapped dead end. And I don't think it was designed to be anything else.

But you can't really tell anybody that. It's something they really have to find out for themselves, as much as I'd like to try to save them the time and trouble of going through it. It just took me a very long time, because I didn't want to leave any stone unturned before I came to a conclusion about it.

Yes, evil exists in this world. And it's especially insidious when it has a pretty face.

Lynn
 
:roflmao: :roflmao:

I ask myself that question all the time. All those decades.... The people around me were mostly good, so it blinded me to the fact that the system was created evil. With that education under my belt, I can now see things more clearly.

This is what lrh counted on -- the fact that people are basically good. So he got a bunch of good people together and they all looked around at each other and saw other good people and concluded this must be a good thing, when in fact it was rotten to the core.

Sorry it turned out that way. And I know people will look at this and say, "but the tech...," "but the wins...," "but the people I helped," etc. Yeah. That was me, for more decades than I care to admit. But it's just another booby-trapped dead end. And I don't think it was designed to be anything else.

But you can't really tell anybody that. It's something they really have to find out for themselves, as much as I'd like to try to save them the time and trouble of going through it. It just took me a very long time, because I didn't want to leave any stone unturned before I came to a conclusion about it.

Yes, evil exists in this world. And it's especially insidious when it has a pretty face.

Lynn

Awesome post Lynn.

I nominate Lynn to the FCDC Hottie list.
 
Last edited:
gold star

How do I get my next gold star? I see all these people with gold stars and I think woops I am not doing something right. Ofcourse maybe I just have a simple answer for all of Scn's problems...I just ignore the crap. Maybe they could give out blue stars or red? To make us unproductive types "feel" better?
 
Here. You feel better now?

How do I get my next gold star? I see all these people with gold stars and I think woops I am not doing something right. Ofcourse maybe I just have a simple answer for all of Scn's problems...I just ignore the crap. Maybe they could give out blue stars or red? To make us unproductive types "feel" better?

137159main_FirstStars_top_pannel_lg.jpg
 
I notice they don't let you cheat either...one post after another gets the same number attached. For anyone interested, the reason I left was a few factors: One, I did not find the promised results were as advertised. Two, I noticed that people with more creds were not much better than I was. Three, the constant asking me for money really pissed me off. Four, when SO descended and whacked a bunch of long time loyal people I thought to myself what kind of crap is that...absolutely no loyalty to long timers. Then many years later I read about DM assaulting, nay beating the crap out of, people just to "show that I can." If that bastard had tried that on me, I would start packing a .40 cal and it would be justifiable homicide. Truly, what kind of "helping" organization is that?

Also, Monica Pignotti, the person who got me in went through hell at SO. I remember talking to her when she "blew" (interesting nomenclature). She had nothing and needed all the support her family could give her. Today she is fine and sometimes counsels ex-Scn people. She wrote "My nine lives in Scientology," posted on Clambake. Sad, she was a talented cellist fellow student of mine at Univ of Utah and got whisked away...I have tried to get her to buy a cello and start again. Sold her beautiful instrument in the early
80s for the privilige of fucking her life up in Das Kult. (Monica, if you read this, I apolgize!!)

Thanks for reading my rant...
 
Nozeno--

Awesome post Lynn.

I nominate Lynn to the FCDC Hotttie list.

1] Yes -Lynn's "post" is right on for a lot of us!

2] She does not need to be nominated as -she is an original-founding fcdc HOTTIE! And - due to her status she may nominate others as she sees fit.
 
How do I get my next gold star? I see all these people with gold stars and I think woops I am not doing something right. Ofcourse maybe I just have a simple answer for all of Scn's problems...I just ignore the crap. Maybe they could give out blue stars or red? To make us unproductive types "feel" better?

Stars are a quantity-of-posts reward system, egobloat system, recognition system, thank-you system, hooray system, smiles-on-you system.

All the above. None of the above. Some of the above.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top