What's new

FCDC circa 1970

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to an apparently misfinformed Australian slang dictionary it means...

Ratbag : mild insult

you Kiwi.
Yeah, well, I certainly know what a ratbag is, and you are a prime example! :p

What I'm asking is (as you well know, ya bugger), is, what is your "that" which you are referring to? :grouch:
 
Oh shit - just realised - we have a different definition for ratbag! :redface:

Around these parts, a ratbag is a 'person', not a 'thing' or an "insult" - it's definately a person.

I understand now - you've gone and been a source of embarrassment to me again. Cripes! :eyeroll:
 
Oh shit - just realised - we have a different definition for ratbag! :redface:

Around these parts, a ratbag is a 'person', not a 'thing' or an "insult" - it's definately a person.

I understand now - you've gone and been a source of embarrassment to me again. Cripes! :eyeroll:

This you ratbag: :yes:
AnonMo must be female! :D The blokes don't generally care for the all the nitty gritty in the first place, let alone remember it! :whistling:
 
Yes, yes and yes.

Sally is that you?
You must be on some anti-gravity planet 'cause I don't know anyone that looks like they did 40 years ago.

And, Winston is right, the ones who look the best now are usually the ones who were TOO skinny back then. We all have our "hey day" - some earlier, some later - but in the end, gravity and entropy get us all.

No, not Sally. Do you really think she'd be on a board like this?? But, if you ever figure out who I am, please do not say it publicly. I still have a few friends who I don't want to lose.

And yes, I'm female and have read of myself here.
 
You must be on some anti-gravity planet 'cause I don't know anyone that looks like they did 40 years ago.

And, Winston is right, the ones who look the best now are usually the ones who were TOO skinny back then. We all have our "hey day" - some earlier, some later - but in the end, gravity and entropy get us all.

No, not Sally. Do you really think she'd be on a board like this?? But, if you ever figure out who I am, please do not say it publicly. I still have a few friends who I don't want to lose.

And yes, I'm female and have read of myself here.

Well I was exaggerating just a little about me. On the other hand I don't claim to have powers over matter, energy, space and time. Can't those OT's do something about the body? Oh, I forgot that's too far below their level of consciousness.

I was joking about you being Sally. That's what I do. I joke most of the time.

If I ever do figure out who you are, I would NEVER post it on this Board or anywhere else for that matter. That's one thing I DON'T joke about.
 
Take note boys!

<snip>.
And yes, I'm female and have read of myself here.

I thought you were a gul - ya had me goin' for a bit there. :coolwink:

Hey boys! Bet you're wonderin' now who she is, and wondrin' about what you've said about who in the past! :whistling: Fret not though - It can't have been too bad, or she wouldn't be here. :thumbsup:

Glad that you're about AnonMo - And I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. :)
 
Again, if anyone figures out who I am, please do not post it publicly.

Thank you, all who have welcomed me here. I do have some questions and have decided to go out on a limb and express some points of view.

Is it the general concensus that EVERYTHING in Scn is bad / evil? I will personally never do another service, but I did find some of the basics to have a ring of truth. The OT levels is another story. No interest and over the top for me.

Frankly, I was not searching for answers when I got in. I did that at 17 and wrapped myself up so tight I thought I was surely bent for a breakdown - so I just stopped. I was angry with religion because none of it made any sense to me or offered any solace despite their claims. I remember the first night I walked in at the old building and saw those books covers. Creepy! I hated them. I asked myself what kind of bizarro outfit this was! I ended up doing the comm course under peer pressure from my then-boyfriend and the group we socialized with.

But IMHO, some of the basics make sense. Confronting someone when you speak to them...not cutting someone's communication when they are speaking, delivering your communication so it gets there, acknowledging. You can say "everyone knows that" but not everyone does!

I personally feel the ARC triangle makes a ton of sense. Certain data are great:

the being always wants to be right
there are no absolutes
what's true for you is true for you

...and many more that I'm sure are buried in my memory.

And, exactly what IS a floating needle and why do we feel better, if only temporarily? And, real science does, in fact, talk about cellular memory.

Where I think Scn went off the rails is by violating it's own principles and just going too far. It says there are no absolutes. But isn't the PR laden with absolutes? Total freedom? That's an absolute to me. The attestations at the end of each level smack of absolutes. Even the question at the examiner has an absolute - do you have ANY doubts or reservations....? Any? Wow, let me introvert now and make sure I don't have ANY!

But from my personal experience, the dynamics and ethics conditions can bring incredible things. I know that horrible things have also come from them and some will probably quake at what I said. I had the biggest blowout from them - way more than auditing. But, these were conditions I personally requested because I knew I had a blind spot that I wanted to solve. It was not some EO or exec enforcing them to get the stats debugged. Conditions and stats in the org is a whole different story.

Yes, there are those who apply ethics gestapo style, but properly applied, with compassion and true intentions to help the being, I believe they can be amazing.

The problems as I see them are (there could be others, of course):

(1) Scn violated it's own principles in application - What's right for you is what I say is right for you; there ARE absolutes; even the state of Clear as stated is an absolute

(2) Scn went too far in creating the OT levels. Should have just skipped those entirely and they could have a nice marketable self-help business.

(3) Scn went too far in trying to claim it was or has the answer to everything and all of existence.

The only thing I ever wanted to really attest to is "I feel better right now." I hated writing success stories and being announced as a completion.

But, most religions deal in control of the masses - though not usually with the enforcement tactics of Scientology. In my opinion, all religion, at least at some point, asks one to set aside reason.

Well, I speak from my own point of view and experience, obviously. It's all I can do. And, frankly, I never ever found being on staff to be fun for one single minute. My god, what a severe reality adjustment the first day on staff, being in Qual and for the first time seeing Wisner act like a dictator running around yelliing at everyone like they were dirt. He sure fell off the pedestal I had him on, never to return.

Another big mistake Scn makes - ruling by fear. Fear never works for me. Inspiration and only inspiration does. Fear is a low level control. And, it was the desire to inspire and be inspired that was in my heart.

Yes, I remember being at the S street building and it was the Friday night push for pc's. And, if someone wasn't paid for another intensive, there must be something wrong with the accounting in their folder says Wisner. I remember looking into the reg office and for some reason I remember Peter Letterese sitting at his desk and I think Dave Richards was there running around in "fear & enforcement" mode - and at that moment I realized the reason I hated it there was because they used fear to control and I wanted no part of it.

On another subject, I never liked labels and identities. Yes, necessary and unavoidable in this physical universe so we know who is who it seems. This person is a Catholic, this one is a Mormorn, this one a Scientologist. Isn't truth senior to all of those? Isn't the highest truth embracing the all? And, if one claims an identity, such as Catholic, isn't that exclusionary and that is anti-unity and therefore not the highest spiritual level?

To be "a something..." feels like a box. I'd rather be able to be a nothing and in being a nothing, be and embrace the all. From that point of view, I could never be an ex - because I never was a Scientologist to begin with. :)

Dare I push the "submit replay" button...? Am I going to be pounced on, ripped to shreds. Please be kind - I'm a gentle, sensitive person.
 
Well I was exaggerating just a little about me. On the other hand I don't claim to have powers over matter, energy, space and time. Can't those OT's do something about the body? Oh, I forgot that's too far below their level of consciousness.
I kind of figured. Still figuring out the personalities here.

I was joking about you being Sally. That's what I do. I joke most of the time.
I kind of figured that too, despite my serious answer.

If I ever do figure out who you are, I would NEVER post it on this Board or anywhere else for that matter. That's one thing I DON'T joke about.
Much appreciated. You or anyone is free to PM me. I just was concerned because I do see that a a few people identities are out in the open.
 
I doubt you'll be ripped to shreds; hard to manage over this interface :)

Still, you may not be duplicated and some may have the temerity to even disagree with you. Mostly you should survive that pretty well.

As to the 'all bad' question; I think it's a red herring usually. Often a deliberate distraction. My position would be that Scientology as a *whole* is evil, manipulative and deliberately malicious as well as being provenly debilitating when applied *as designed*.

However, that's *not* to say that every element of Scientology is evil or inherently dangerous; just that, taken together and within Scientology everything is part of the evil whole.

Zinj
 
I thought you were a gul - ya had me goin' for a bit there. :coolwink:

Hey boys! Bet you're wonderin' now who she is, and wondrin' about what you've said about who in the past! :whistling: Fret not though - It can't have been too bad, or she wouldn't be here. :thumbsup:

Glad that you're about AnonMo - And I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. :)
LOL, what the heck. What they said about me was good. The first time I saw my name, it was neutral - just remembering that I was there. So with trepidation, I did a search on the forum for my name.
 
Oh AnonMo, now you've done it. You've told them you're a girl, they'll be all over ya. FCDC guys loooove the hotties. :coolwink:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top