What's new

FCDC circa 1970

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE-Philly

They [whoever that is] just shut down all the interstate highways except one--that has never been done before--Philly metro area has a population of 4 to 5 million--this is a big deal for us-the only people according to the news who are going outside and heading for the stores are those in need of -beer-wine-whiskey and cigarettes [essentials]--all the TV stations are covering the storm -no regular programming. The scary thing is the potential of loosing electricity--there are 40,000 people in South Jersey without power for 5 days now--no OT's working here to get the power going and stopping the storm-wtf
 
They [whoever that is] just shut down all the interstate highways except one--that has never been done before--Philly metro area has a population of 4 to 5 million--this is a big deal for us-the only people according to the news who are going outside and heading for the stores are those in need of -beer-wine-whiskey and cigarettes [essentials]--all the TV stations are covering the storm -no regular programming. The scary thing is the potential of loosing electricity--there are 40,000 people in South Jersey without power for 5 days now--no OT's working here to get the power going and stopping the storm-wtf

OMG. Got a link to a TV station there doing storm coverage that streams their broadcast to our Holy Internet?
 
good god

Officials just called out the "national guard" to assist the police in keeping people OFF the roads!
I cannot see more than 20' outside the windows--my wife who has never missed a day of work due to snow managed to get to work early this morning is due to leave work soon-we have agreed on the route home [3 miles] on all flat roads-I've come up with a rescue scenario if needed --holy crap --this storm will not end till midnight--every now and then the "lights" flicker [scares the crap out of me]---TV is reporting that front porches are collapsing from the weight of the snow.
 
Here's to all you guys and everyone, weathering this storm ok without any major problems.

We're thinking of ya, so keep us informed. :)
 
Blizzard story!

Here's to all you guys and everyone, weathering this storm ok without any major problems.

We're thinking of ya, so keep us informed. :)

Fine in NY - but da C/S's early flight tomorrow was cancelled and she can't get out 'till mid afternoon! :melodramatic:

F's up me whole day! :grouch:

Crikey!

Bugger!

EP
 
All is good for us-

Wife [whom I married for her looks-30 years ago]-got home-her drive normally takes 10 minutes-took 20 minutes to get home--she said the roads were empty--the power is still on and the main love of my life is home safe and sound--snow is to end at midnight.
 
Wife [whom I married for her looks-30 years ago]-got home-her drive normally takes 10 minutes-took 20 minutes to get home--she said the roads were empty--the power is still on and the main love of my life is home safe and sound--snow is to end at midnight.

That's great to hear! This is really all that matters.

I've heard from relatives up there who are very distressed about having to go out.

The Anabaptist Jacques
 
whew_small.jpg
 
Wife [whom I married for her looks-30 years ago]-got home-her drive normally takes 10 minutes-took 20 minutes to get home--she said the roads were empty--the power is still on and the main love of my life is home safe and sound--snow is to end at midnight.

I decided to work from home today. We all did some shoveling earlier, and I just looked out and it's hard to tell that any shoveling happened.

My love, who I met close to 30 years ago, I married because she was a sex maniac who was also a great cook.
 
Who is buying all the booze? :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Costs of, and profits from storm are piling up

Many retailers taking big hit, unless they happen to sell hardware or liquor

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35336163/ns/business-us_business/

Back-to-back snowstorms on the East Coast have brought a blizzard of sales of shovels, groceries and booze. For airlines and department stores, the region's wintry weather has resulted in millions of dollars of lost revenue.

As businesses tallied up the impact of the second major snowstorm in less than a week, forecasters warned of a third wave of snow that could hit the Northeast on Monday.

On Wednesday, people planning to travel or shop were stopped in their tracks. From Washington to New York City, roads, airports and businesses were closed.

(more at link)
 
a great inticement>


I need HELP shoveling snow-if SHE would come and stand at the end of my driveway-I'll bet a WHOLE bunch of helpers would materialize and offer their assistance as long as she would wiggle her pulsating buttocks at the HELP. In no time at all-I'd be shoveled out.
 
The magic 8-ball says: Second week in November 2010 will see a spike in new born babies.

Baby it's cold outside so what can we do? :whistling:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top