What's new

FCDC circa 1970

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mental phenomena "hypnosis" can take many forms including but not limited to: illusion, delusion and hallucination. The self-implanting delusion system called 'scientology' includes all the above.
 
Just why do "smart" people make good subjects? I would posit they are not so smart, ie allowing others to rent space in their heads.
 
Arnie--

Georgetown was great fun... I won't be telling many of those stories though... (heh)
There was the Peppermint Lounge, The Corral, The Bayou, The Cellar Door, and.. yeah Ive been in the basement bar of 1789 ( was used for one of the scenes in the Excorcist, with the famous stairs around the corner )

And FYI this is the THIRD old citation from the old hypnotists in the 40's that I've found that makes this claim re smart kids...and hypnosis:

"Contrary to general belief, it has been my experience that the more intelligent the subject, the easier it is to induce hypnosis" Ralph Slater - "Hypnotism" May 1950

George Estabrooks said "Intelligent people make better (hynosis) subjects, because smart people can control their minds better."

and the third one willl come to me tommarro , likely

Ya got me thinking and remembering-what a great hometown DC is> for me being young guy in DC was a "fun time". We went to the Howard Theater and saw James Brown doing his thing during his heyday--taking a date to Roosevelt Island in a canoe was always a "hit"....and parking at the Jefferson Memorial was a "home run" with one's sweetie---thanks for stirring up the memories! Did ya have any super duper places to go?
 
I was a kid in the burbs. Missed out on a lot it seems. Arlington 63-87, Springfield 87-05 Beaverdam, present. What a sheltered life I led. But I was at the 68 Pentagon protest, and remember the 68 burning of 14th street :happydance:
 
Winnie's Shelter:

shelter.jpg
 
Just why do "smart" people make good subjects? I would posit they are not so smart, ie allowing others to rent space in their heads.


Repetition IS hypnotic

George Estabrooks (mentioned by Hubbard in the PDC Tapes) said that "smart people can CONTROL their minds better" thus make better subjects for hypnosis..

The subconscious is a literal mind that does not reason, it just does... it drives you down the highway....you dont have to think, when another person gets access to your subconscious, you do not notice. You start having the ideas you are supposed to have and think they are yours....even though they make no sense to your friends or family!

And the best covert manipulation makes you think it was your idea!

The only way to prevent covert manipulation is to study and understand the techniques being used.

Repetition IS hypnotic

The most recent information... includes this tidbit....

The mere asking of a question causes a persons attention to look inward, that alone starts a slight trance state.

That is ANOTHER reason why the first thing they do is have you do an OCA TEST!

Repetition IS hypnotic.

The deeper the trance, the less sensation you have of your body - hence the less pain you feel... pains vanish! Whoopee, I am clear!

A lot of the earlier stuff I dug up and many helped, was dumped into the hypnosis thread on Xenu.net

EDIT: AND this thread in the Essential Reading section of ESMB - LINK
 
Last edited:
Ya got me thinking and remembering-what a great hometown DC is> for me being young guy in DC was a "fun time". We went to the Howard Theater and saw James Brown doing his thing during his heyday--taking a date to Roosevelt Island in a canoe was always a "hit"....and parking at the Jefferson Memorial was a "home run" with one's sweetie---thanks for stirring up the memories! Did ya have any super duper places to go?

Wow Howard Theatre, I remember that
I saw Jimi Hendrix burn a guitar onstage at the Ambassador theatre, there must have been 50 people in the theatre we were all down at the left hand corner of the stage, and Jimi Hendrix played his first album. Gary Lowe took me there, he was the guy that I joined the Sea Org with...he still wont talk to me.. last time i tracked him down in 1995? he said, I cant speak with you Im doing my A-E...
The Bishop's Garden at the National Cathedral
The C&O Canal, There is an Island you can get to by a raft on a drag wire
The End of the runway at National Airport
Do you recall band called Natty Bumpo from Takoma Park?

Does anyone remember a DofP named Bob Pope?
 
But I was at the 68 Pentagon protest, and remember the 68 burning of 14th street :happydance:


I was tear gassed on the North Steps..I almost lost it that day, but a stranger I've always wanted to thank, calmed me down...and I watched the fires on 14th street from the roof of FCDC on 19th street..Tel: ADams 2 6296
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top