What's new

FCDC circa 1970

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanx

Excellent article, Commander :D

Consider submitting it to the internet San Francisco Examiner so it gets into google news. Make a national article.
http://apply.examiner.com/?editionid=921
There are other media resources as well, like IndyNews.

AS well, I suggest you post this in a new thread so that others who do not visit here will be able to read and comment on it. A new thread, relating it to the topic of Scientology's forced abortions. Perhaps in the General Discussions section:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/forumdisplay.php?f=36

I just happened upon this because I saw that you posted it here. Normally I don't visit this thread, which has long become a thing unto itself with it's own members - too hard to find replies, etc.

~ Mary

i knew i'd hear from you once you saw this.

thank you for the information and advice. that might be the way to go. i'm confident the idea will eventually "go viral". i would prefer it to be introduced to the general public in print media but if i cannot find someone to publish...

i'm happy to give my friends on esmb the delicious pirvilege of hearing of it first
 
Where's Stat lately?

I never really left, Hatsy.

jack.png


Things are just fine.

kazakgirl.jpg


Cheers, you all good people. :yes: :D
 
I just spend an evening reading again the first 350 or so posts on this thread.
It made for such an enjoyable evening.

There are three things in my life that when I look back and look back at them I feel so glad that I lived the life that I did. The three things are: The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, and my experience on staff at FCDC in the early 1970s.

At FCDC the conditions were horrible, but the spirit of the place and the people I worked with are what has made it stick with me through the years.

I don't know what can better express the feeling I get that the followqing Beatle song sung in a very special way by Judy Collins.

I wish for everyone that they have in their life an experience they cherish as much.

Thanks to everybody who place their memories here for all to enjoy.

http://youtu.be/iRYMdAQWsmc

And to those who weren't there, here is my offer of a song describing those times (from an earlier post.)

Sung to the tune of the Notre Dame fight song
(What? You were expecting Hail to the Redskins?)

Cheer, cheer, Ole’ FC DC
We had the best org, ever to be.
We were young and we were brave.
We had Dave Richards leading the way.

Cheer, cheer, Ole’ FC DC
We were the best on land or the sea.
We were good and we got paid.
Some were so lucky they even got laid.

Cheer, cheer, Ole’ FC DC
We worked both orgs, no wusses we.
Things were good, but things went bad.
Seeing the org now makes me feel sad.

Cheer, cheer, Ole’ FC DC
We’re all just wogs now, but we agree.
We were cool and we were bad,
Having once been there makes me feel glad.

Cheer, Cheer, Ole’ FC DC
It made us realize what we could be.
Now we’re old and wise and free,
But DC’s still part of me.

The Anabaptist Jacques

The Anabaptist Jacques
 
Hail to the Redskins would be okay !

Good Lord--that song certainly brings back The Memories of long ago-Yes there were certain moments of great joy in being part of this group. Thanks !!!!
 
There are three things in my life that when I look back and look back at them I feel so glad that I lived the life that I did. The three things are: The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, and my experience on staff at FCDC in the early 1970s.

gag me with a spoon. I loved the Beatles and Stones. I saw the last Beatles concert at CANDLESTICK PARK. I saw the Stones many times including ALTAMONT.

These are pics of three (or more), in no particular order, for me:

picture.php


picture.php


picture.php


picture.php


picture.php
 
Thanks TAJ

I must confess I did not have the wonderful time so many had, but yes there was a team there that could not be beat. And Judy Collins, what a great gift to us all. I sure long for the days of great performers like her--the likes of "American Idol" have destroyed the rock movement. What ever happened to the great love songs of the 60s and 70s? Does no one love any longer?
 
gag me with a spoon. I loved the Beatles and Stones. I saw the last Beatles concert at CANDLESTICK PARK. I saw the Stones many times including ALTAMONT.

These are pics of three (or more), in no particular order, for me:

picture.php


picture.php


picture.php


picture.php


picture.php

Yep, I saw them both too.

Those were the days, really.

I don't have any pictures of me from that periiod. I don't think anybody does (except maybe the FBI).

But one thing still holds true: All you need is love!

The Anabaptist Jacques
 
I must confess I did not have the wonderful time so many had, but yes there was a team there that could not be beat. And Judy Collins, what a great gift to us all. I sure long for the days of great performers like her--the likes of "American Idol" have destroyed the rock movement. What ever happened to the great love songs of the 60s and 70s? Does no one love any longer?

I think the values in the world today are not our values, Winston.

I feel sorry for kids nowadays. It seems they have nothing to anchor themselves to. We had music, plus a real pride in American values.

It seems like today most young people don't hold those values (and by young people I mean anyone under 50.)

They act like they are just customers. All rights and no responsibilities.

We were lucky.

The Anabaptist Jacques
 
Love songs

This is not a dump on the older artists and songs.

There are lots of very moving, beautiful love songs since the '60's. Fire up Pandora and explore.

Bubele, Botti, Krall, Norah Jones, Duffy, McLachlan, Dixie Chicks, Urban, Lady Antebellum, even Lady Gaga. Many many more from all genres.

It'll get it wet fo' sho'.
 
I think the values in the world today are not our values, Winston.

I feel sorry for kids nowadays. It seems they have nothing to anchor themselves to. We had music, plus a real pride in American values.

It seems like today most young people don't hold those values (and by young people I mean anyone under 50.)

They act like they are just customers. All rights and no responsibilities.

We were lucky.

The Anabaptist Jacques

I hear you man. I do see one ray of hope though. My son and his girlfriend are hopelessly in love and watching the show brings back faith that the young uns are not lost. He even plays oldies in his truck, hehe.

As far as love songs, BAC, those you mention are hard to understand except maybe the Dixie Chicks. The players in their bands don't hold a candle to CCR, the Beatles, the Stones, and a dozen other groups formed in the 1960s. Back then you had to play to make it, actually have chops on your ax. I wonder if half the groups today could even play a scale on their instruments. Just ramp up the volume, obscure everything with bad percussion and you are a star.

Nah, I know every generation thinks their music is the only music worth anything, but in our case I just do not see the attention to detail, the ensemble, and just the melody today. Give me John Denver, Judy Collins, James Taylor and so many others any day.
 
HELP WANTED

executives
positions now emerging
equal opportunity employer
requirements
1.MUST be able to make lists and check off items
2.can eat lunch decorously
3.can say "Colossal CB"
MEST required
Notebook, 2 pens, 2 pencils, recording of Johnny Paycheck's "Take This Job And Shove It", small batterypowered player w/external speaker
2 week training period (independently conducted)
send one page resume to Occupant, po box 390154, Cambridge MA, 02139
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top