What's new

Flagdown 2014: media coverage, etc

Uh, isn't Arnie Lerma also banned from "protesting" by the same Lisa McPherson Trust-era injunction that the Clearwater Anon organizer said prohibited Mark Bunker from attending the conference?

Don't understand this.
 
Broadcast for today finished.

Mark Bunker comments on the Bunker:

UPDATE: Mark Bunker put this in the comments, but I want to put it here for posterity…

Hey, there. I just got back from the “drama” and I just want to say that us being kicked out shouldn’t in anyway overshadow the event. I look forward to hearing what Sweeney and the other speakers had to say. I had planned to stay away because I’d been hearing for months how much this woman hates me but there are any number of reasons why random people can hate me so that doesn’t surprise me. There are many days when I hate myself. Take a number. But last Friday I heard from Tom Smith who called me to say he wasn’t welcome and I thought this was just silly and I said “let’s just go.” At the most I thought we would be grumbled at. I never expected to have the sheriff’s department kick me out so I left. I wasn’t there to create a scene. I just expected to watch some speakers.

As to people being served because I showed up…well, it looks like Laura was served a fake copy of the injunction hours before I arrived so they certainly were going to try to use the injunction against them whether I was there or not. I say a fake copy because it was xeroxed and not an official certified copy. Here’s one that was lying on the ground when I arrived. It came with a picture off the web that had me a Peter at an Dublin Anon raid. I was visiting Bob and Stacy and dropped by the raid for about a half an hour and posed for a couple of pictures. This is supposed to show we are in collusion? Please. I had nothing to do with this event or the organizers.

My attorney Denis deVlaming and I sat down a few months back with the police chief and others from the police department including attorney Rob Surette who assured us the injunction would only be used against me and not against others so we will let the police know that this stuff is complete nonsense and should not be used to tar anyone else who is in town.

Tom shot some video of the process server which I will put up later.

http://tonyortega.org/2014/05/05/fl...t-by-conference-organizer/#comment-1371289071


Avatar
Lorepro Mark Bunker • 28 minutes ago

Thank you for posting this, Mark, and sorry to hear about what happened.

Appreciating that everyone might be disappointed about exclusion of or attitudes towards respected critics and friends, or may want to defend the organisers from the online criticism, I think we're really risking this being the big headline of day 1 of Flag Down. I don't think any amount of such 'drama' should be allowed to overshadow such an important anti-Scientology event - which isn't really about the people being discussed at all.
 
There is something very comforting, and very wonderful, about sitting out here in the Pacific (NZ) watching, live, some people who get what leaving scientology means, etc, etc.

Thank you to all involved! My gratitude is roaring! :flowers:
 
Only one troll on the live stream message feed? FAIL.

Panda kept saying "Call your mother" to him .... :biggrin:

Tony Ortega Mod • an hour ago

Great question for Chris -- what do you say to a Sea Org member to plant seeds of doubt?

I think Bury had a great idea. When I was in Clearwater with her and The Hole, Bury would say to these young Sea Org members, "Call your mother."

Brilliant.
 
Uh, isn't Arnie Lerma also banned from "protesting" by the same Lisa McPherson Trust-era injunction that the Clearwater Anon organizer said prohibited Mark Bunker from attending the conference?

Don't understand this.

Anywhere there are a group of humans united in performing a function there will be politics involved eventually. A fact of life.

Mark Bunker must have pissed in someone's post toasties. Whether purposely or accidentally I don't know. But one thing I do know is that in the Ex and Critic community there are petty jealousies and occasional pissing contests. :melodramatic: :duh:

Humans can really suck. But we are all we have. So we have to make the best of it. Yipee!!!

:biggrin:
 
Last edited:
Anywhere there are a group of humans united in performing a function there will be politics involved eventually. A fact of life.

Mark Bunker must have pissed in someone's post toasties. Whether purposely or accidentally I don't know. But one think I do know is that in the Ex and Critic community there are petty jealousies and occasional pissing contests. :melodramatic: :duh:

Humans can really suck. But we are all we have. So we have to make the best of it. Yipee!!!

:biggrin:

Please may I know what "post toasties" are? Sometimes the rest of the world speaks stuff I no understand. Thank you. :)

I really like humans. They are so weird and wonderful and colourful and sometimes annoying and sometimes just plain amazing. :yes:
 
Please may I know what "post toasties" are? Sometimes the rest of the world speaks stuff I no understand. Thank you. :)

I really like humans. They are so weird and wonderful and colourful and sometimes annoying and sometimes just plain amazing. :yes:

Post Tosties are a breakfast cereal? Never had them. Post makes several breakfast cereals, I like their Rasin Bran. I suppose the Tosties are like Kellogg Corn Flakes. ( awful expression he used ).
:puke2:
 
Post Tosties are a breakfast cereal? Never had them. Post makes several breakfast cereals, I like their Rasin Bran. I suppose the Tosties are like Kellogg Corn Flakes. ( awful expression he used ).
:puke2:

I learn something every day! Thank you! :)

"Post" is a brand name I am completely unfamiliar with.
 
I'm sure the sound will be better tomorrow, but they should either get a step stool for the speakers or just get rid of that podium altogether.
 
The founder was C.W. Post.

"Someone pissed in his Post Toasties" was a common expression when I was a kid. May have just been a Texas thing.

Lone Star, my Mom was from Nacogdoches. Have fond memories of going back to her home as a kid and my Uncles there doing cool things with me like riding horses, riding around in a pickup truck and shooting guns. :).

The water from my Grabmother's well, with a pull up bucket and sipped from a dipper was delicious.
 
Lone Star, my Mom was from Nacogdoches. Have fond memories of going back to her home as a kid and my Uncles there doing cool things with me like riding horses, riding around in a pickup truck and shooting guns. :).

The water from my Grabmother's well, with a pull up bucket and sipped from a dipper was delicious.

OMG! My grandmother had a well with one of those hand-pump things (really nostalgic basic thing). The water was the best water ever! So cool and refreshing on a hot summers day. It tasted better than any other water! One of those childhood memories that always makes ya smile.

Your post reminded me of this. Yay! :)
 
OMG! My grandmother had a well with one of those hand-pump things (really nostalgic basic thing). The water was the best water ever! So cool and refreshing on a hot summers day. It tasted better than any other water! One of those childhood memories that always makes ya smile.

You clearly did not grow up in the southern part of the U.S. where the well water is UGH!! & smells like rotten eggs (sulphuric). :omg:
 
You clearly did not grow up in the southern part of the U.S. where the well water is UGH!! & smells like rotten eggs (sulphuric). :omg:

No. I grew up in New Zealand. Actually I'm still here, trying to grow up, or find a suitable boat to escape on - not sure which. :melodramatic:

I know the rotten eggs smell though - in areas where there is thermal activity (e.g. Rotorua), the sulfuric gas sinks. It is great though if someone, ya know, passes wind, cos no one notices. True. :biggrin:
 
Top