What's new

Freewinds OT Debug Service!

olska

Silver Meritorious Patron
"The OT debug service is a "Freewinds only" type service designed to find out "why" a person is not moving up The Bridge and through the OT levels. The service first started being delivered in 1995. (The "tech" that is used is HCOPL 23 August 1979R, Issue I, revised 23 Aug 1984, entitled "Debug Tech". There is also a 13 page "Debug Tech Checklist" and by means of all things Scientological, one is questioned either on or off the E-meter to find out why one is not producing products or in the case of the OT Debug, why one is not moving up the Bridge. The cost is roughly $5,000.)"

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/JeremyPerkins/CoverUp/

Not that I care, because I'll never do it, but note that the "tech" that is used is an HCOPL -- a policy letter that was originally used to "debug" administrative activities in the orgs -- i.e., to check off all the possible reasons and find out "why" stats were down, things weren't getting done, etc. We used it for that purpose at the CL-V org where I was on staff some 35 years ago. It can be found in one of the volumes of "green on white" and I'd happily tell you which one and its exact name and all that, but I threw all those books away many long years ago so you'll just have to look it up yourself if you're interested. It's BPI (broad public issue) -- no secret.

Now (in yet another example of how squirrely the CoS has become with it's own dogma and "scriptures") this long list is "assessed" (only on the Ship, where a small fortune can be charged for it because it's done only on the Ship) on the individual, using the e-meter, in the manner that a list is assessed in an auditing action, and whatever "item" off the list "reads" is taken up as the "reason why" a person is not progressing along the scientology program.

I knew someone who came back from the ship after doing this, and the "item" off that list which "read" on the meter, and which he took as the big fat mysterious one and only absolutely true reason why he hadn't been somehow managing to scrape up the money and the free time and the other motivation to get his ass to the ship to do his OT levels (he was already either OT4 or OT5, I forget which) was ... get ready:

NO ORDERS.

Yep folks, that explained everything! No one had "ordered" him to get on "up the Bridge!"

Thought you all might enjoy this little sample of how advanced scientologists think, how they solve problems in their lives and in the world. Don't forget, these are the people who believe they should be running the show when the planet is finally "cleared."

Supra

Patron
good spotting

Wonderful. What's with the four tech vols in the C/S Office? Does he only use four? More likely he does have a full set but the bookshelf is out of the frame and the photographer decided the composition would be better as shown (note the balanced triangular shape).

PR PR PR.

Paul

Good one mate. Cracked me up. Well spotted. :)

Bullwinkle

Patron with Honors
This quote from LRH in the promo struck me:

"It will cost money and time that will not be afforded easily."

Without a trace of irony.

Bullwinkle

Patron with Honors
Yup, EP.

I particularly marvel at the images conjured up by the word "debug" attached to what the church says is a "spiritual" journey up the Bridge. It creates cognitive dissonance for me. But then, the promo, like everything I've read from Scn, is aimed at the "choir" anyway.

Still....

Language is one of Scn's casualties in its crusade for better communication.

Another irony.

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
LOVE this line!!!

Yup, EP.

I particularly marvel at the images conjured up by the word "debug" attached to what the church says is a "spiritual" journey up the Bridge. It creates cognitive dissonance for me. But then, the promo, like everything I've read from Scn, is aimed at the "choir" anyway.

Still....

Language is one of Scn's casualties in its crusade for better communication.

Another irony.

There, that's better. :thumbsup: :happydance:

Mike