What's new

Marty Rathbun arrested today

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Rathbun is spending the weekend in Jail, compliments the CO$

Im waiting for the nullifying , where he reaches deep for the tears & blinking to show 'evidence' he actually is Markin luther rathbun. Derailed by a series of unfortunate events.

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Yeah I can see your point, it's better for a meth-head to get his meth from a toothless cretin who is cooking it up in his mobile home than it is to buy it from a Mexican Drug Cartel, and you're right a meth-head is not going to listen to anyone who is preaching to him about the life destroying effects of crystal meth, so I guess there is a place for toothless cretins who is cook up in their mobile homes or in Scientology's case people like Marty who are providing addicts with their fix instead of having the cartels do it. I think I'll go looking for a local meth dealer today so I can send him a check for all the fine work he's doing.

I do understand and don't disagree with what you're saying but imo, Marty is just a first step for so many. Once he gets them out of the organization and into reading and looking at critical information, many of them will continue to walk away and won't stay but a little time at Marty's place.

I want the C of S to completely crash and burn and if there's a retard standing on the corner, pointing the way out, I'm good with it.

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
I think Marty's arrest is cause for DM to celebrate.

DM excels at harassment. (Or rather getting others to harass for him)

This is DM's favorite tool. The adage, "To a man who only has a hammer, the world is a nail," fits.

Harassment is the ONE THING that DM does well at.

Harassment is Miscavage's hobby horse and he's going to ride it 'round and 'round Marty's place for a long as he can.

(Wow, this is better than reality TV. It's impressive that the cos can cook up a new major stupid thing every 2 weeks. I'm wondering what's next.)

DM may celebrate for a few hours but he'll soon be howling again for more results when and if this case gets dropped by the DA. I'm going to bet that Scn fails at getting this prosecuted. There's just too many people, including the managing editor of the Village Voice, watching this. We shall see, in the meantime, I'm very happy that more and more Scios are lurking and watching and reacting.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I agree with this, despite my hitting Marty for his denial of hubbard, he is a bridge out , once one lie is confirmed, it leads to the other lies.

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
I agree with this, despite my hitting Marty for his denial of hubbard, he is a bridge out , once one lie is confirmed, it leads to the other lies.

Exactly, how many of us were glued to the internet for days and weeks reading about Scientology once the wall of indoctrination was cracked and we DARED to start reading the entheta.

Marty will be a short visit for many that choose to leave. He'll always have a following but it will shrink just like all things in Scn do.

I do understand and don't disagree with what you're saying but imo, Marty is just a first step for so many. Once he gets them out of the organization and into reading and looking at critical information, many of them will continue to walk away and won't stay but a little time at Marty's place.

I want the C of S to completely crash and burn and if there's a retard standing on the corner, pointing the way out, I'm good with it.

I completely understand and am happy that Marty is helping the cult crumble from the inside, I just wish he was as interested in taking down the cult as he is in building another one.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I posted this in the comments section of the Village Voice thread of Marty's arrest. Instead of rewriting it for ESMB, I'm just going to repost it.

The playing out of the exposure of the C of S has just come to a huge turning point. While I am an outspoken critic of Marty's due to his continued use of "the tech", I am also a big fan of what he's doing. Having been a hard core Scientologist for 27 years I feel very certain that only a guy like Marty, someone with "altitude" a word used in Scn to imply a high status or a "big being", could cause this kind of snowball effect or gushing of Scientologists leaving the cult.

I was just over at Marty's blog and saw 340 plus replies to his post about being arrested. Scientologists are sending him money and coming out and speaking out, some for the first time. It's an amazing event.

Because Marty is still a Scientologist, he is many times more likely to reach out and cause that "cognative dissonance" we all so love to create in Scientologists. He speaks their language, he's not critical of LRH or the Tech, he'll take whatever donation you want to pay him, he doesn't speak of xenu or "confidential" stuff. He's the right kind of guy saying, behaving, and doing things that Scientologists like and approve of. He's applying the kind of Scientology that gets you suckered into the cult in the first place. The "nice" stuff.

A Scientologist sitting on the fence is more likely to dismiss me and other EXes because we are EXes and per their thought stopping filtering system they are to not believe us due to our untold "crimes against the Church".

Now I know that some of the more hardcore critics will attribute Marty's intentions and behavior to all sorts of diabolical plots and plans by Marty and I'm quite sure Marty does have a master plan, but at this point, I'm not that concerned. Some of the fanatics may accuse me of being duped or possibly being an OP for Marty, and OP for OSA or a Marcabian Agent! One never knows what's next with this crazy topic.

What I saw on Marty's blog today caused me to get up off my seat and do a happy dance. There's still a very long way to go and lots of valuable entertainment ahead. Marty's going to be a huge part in bringing down the cult. He and Rinder know DM and all of his "buttons" and they are pushing them hard to get DM to react. DM is playing right into their hands.

After today, I'm changing my votes # 3 Anonymous, # 2 Marty # 1 DM

I completely agree with this post.

Smilla

Ordinary Human

I imagine Marty is loving it. It fits his role as a martyr, and people are throwing money at him. I don't count myself as being a cynical person, but in this instance I am. It's a great illustration of how insane Scientology really is.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud

I imagine Marty is loving it. It fits his role as a martyr, and people are throwing money at him. I don't count myself as being a cynical person, but in this instance I am. It's a great illustration of how insane Scientology really is.

And Marty does fancy himself a scientologist.

The insanity is showing big time .......in both camps.

DM thinks he is the ecclesiastical leader of the worlds fastest growing religion and Marty fashions himeself as the savior of the tech ( dreck, really ) as LRH gave to all mankind.
Both, in the mold of LRH , are plain out bat shit crazy.....and this is good for Turdology !

AnonKat

Crusader

And Marty does fancy himself a scientologist.

The insanity is showing big time .......in both camps.

DM thinks he is the ecclesiastical leader of the worlds fastest growing religion and Marty fashions himeself as the savior of the tech ( dreck, really ) as LRH gave to all mankind.
Both, in the mold of LRH , are plain out bat shit crazy.....and this is good for Turdology !

Whathever you say it's a fact you can always count on the Cult to do the predictical thing over and over and over again.

And it's still wrong what the cult does.

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
I keep wondering, being a long way from anyone who could answer this question: does Marty recruit?

He doesn't look much like a charismatic leader to me, these days - he looks old and tired and not too well - but does he attract new recruits into Scientology, reformed or otherwise?

Or does he just service the drop-outs who were recruited in the first place by CoS and who are still addicted?

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud

Whathever you say it's a fact you can always count on the Cult to do the predictical thing over and over and over again.

And it's still wrong what the cult does.

YES ! But now more people IN the cult are seeing it is wrong and leaving and more people are not getting involved in the first place because they have been shown it is wrong.

This is the death of scientology that we are watching.

Tick-tock. Tick-tock.

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron

YES ! But now more people IN the cult are seeing it is wrong and leaving and more people are not getting involved in the first place because they have been shown it is wrong.

This is the death of scientology that we are watching.

Tick-tock. Tick-tock.

Perhaps we should start a betting pool on here. The buy in will be 5 dollars. There will be several different scenarios presented and each scenario will have a callendar. 5 bux buys a callendar date. There will be a prize for the winner, but most of the money can be used to help the cause. There are those better qualified than I to figure out how to use the funds effectively. If nothing else, it could go to a party fund to celebrate the day when the Cof$ falls.

Pete

AnonKat

Crusader

Perhaps we should start a betting pool on here. The buy in will be 5 dollars. There will be several different scenarios presented and each scenario will have a callendar. 5 bux buys a callendar date. There will be a prize for the winner, but most of the money can be used to help the cause. There are those better qualified than I to figure out how to use the funds effectively. If nothing else, it could go to a party fund to celebrate the day when the Cof$ falls.

Pete

I am in betting on marty Ratbhun. Euro being top notch over the allmighty dollar anyways ;)

Betting on first of january 2020, If I am the closest I still win right ?

I'll bett mister Rathbun keeps to this song.

[video=youtube;CnrPP3qkM0E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnrPP3qkM0E[/video]

TG1

Angelic Poster

Pete, I like your pool idea. I'd sure buy a square.

However, what's your definition for "when the Co$ falls"?

TG1

Smilla

Ordinary Human
I keep wondering, being a long way from anyone who could answer this question: does Marty recruit?

He doesn't look much like a charismatic leader to me, these days - he looks old and tired and not too well - but does he attract new recruits into Scientology, reformed or otherwise?

Or does he just service the drop-outs who were recruited in the first place by CoS and who are still addicted?

I don't know about new recruits, but he's targeting and very keen to catch the crumbs from DM's table - the late cogniters, and people who been 'hovering' outside the Mother Cult. It's hard to imagine that he's attracting any raw meat, as Scientology so charmingly puts it. People are too well informed about Scientology these days for many people to be stupid enough to join it. I agree with what you say about his condition - he does look old, tired, not very well, and a bit befuddled - especially in the Hamburg vids.

Last edited:

RogerB

Crusader
Hmm,

My quick reading of this and other threads, blogs etc., on Marty's arrest causes me to comment as follows.

This is not an issue for jokes and unrelenting attacks on Marty and his current stand against the Cof$.

Some are simply venting their opinion and angst . . . and as someone rather clever said: such is what every arse-hole has---smell.

The fact is, there has been a trumped up charge (based on evidence as posted) against Marty. That is standard practice by the CofS he is now in opposition to.

The wonderful outcome of this is that, again, several things are backfiring against the cult and blowing them out of the water.

The info to date demonstrates the "authorities" are getting more and more pissed at the cult and those who bring charges and/or harassment against perceived "church enemies." The Law Enforcement authorities are being made more and more wise to the lies and capers of the cult.

This latest trick of theirs took that the cult operatives had to go OUT of the local jurisdiction to get some poor schmuck JOP to act on the spurious complaint.

Marty is smart enough to know his recourse in law . . . and all this can and will be used to cause the cult so much angst it and its current dominator (DM) will have to wimp away with their tales between their legs.

Marty, if you're listening: Criminal Misuse of Jurisprudence! That's the last thing this evil cult needs/wants to be found to be practicing!

Personally, I have no quarrel with you using what you believe helps your fellows: that is honorable . . . personally, I have found something better to use . . . so the issue, for me, is not that you are using the materials you were trained in in the Cof$: but their evil practices leveled at their perceived enemies.

And this latest is a stupid move by them that can, in the context of the info made available on the blogs and here on ESMB, be used to totally skewer them.

Go to it Marty, and reap the rewards of a successful suit and claim against them.

RogerB