What's new

Marty Rathbun raises his head, and starts squawking

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
I got permission to repost this by the author who posted this in a private Facebook group.

Wow! This is unbelievable. As many of you know I post as Grasshopper on the Wordpress blogs. I posted the following this morning knowing it would not be approved:

"So, I'm on to you. Mark Rathbun is not running this blog anymore. I don't know what you did to him and his family, but I will tell you that despite these videos, which remind me of the North Korean propaganda videos from the Korean War, the overwhelming evidence of how corrupt the church is, and the destruction of the tech, will live on. In your case, you can't erase the idiocy of the "Squirrel Busters" hounding Rathbun for months and months, and the idiotic video of the SO execs hounding Rathbun at the airport, etc., etc. I don't know what you did to make Rathbun turn on people who were his friends, but I have to think it is far worse than the squirrel busters caper.

But I'm on to you. You pushed it too far, and now these videos are just evidence of Mark's surrender. Cheers."

Guess what happened? My comment was replaced by a long, long diatribe against Tony O and the Village Voice. It was not me who wrote that. But it's under my ID because they just deleted my text and replaced it with theirs.

Unbelievable! What other proof do you need that Marty is no longer in charge of his blog?

Cussing unbelievable.

Tony, as you know I have my issues with you, but it wasn't me that posted that shit on Rathbun's blog under my ID. My lord.

He told me the same thing had happened with at least two other posters, too.

EDIT: And the post put under Grasshopper's name was also posted under someone ELSE'S name a couple of entries down.

God, they can't help but fuck everything up.
:no:

If Marty is not doing this, and there being as many avenues out here on the net to respond, why hasn't Marty come forward somewhere else to point this out? To quote a line from Shawn Phillips: And more's the same to stand by while it's happening.

Gib

Crusader
regarding Marty's latest video part 8. If I were a multi millionaire, just like Bob Minton, before he got blackmailed, why I would gladly pay Mike Rinder a $100k salary to do what he does on his blog, same with Tony Ortega.

The truth is the truth,

no clears or OT's. Somebody from Marty's camp ought to send dox's if there are any? LOL

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
I got permission to repost this by the author who posted this in a private Facebook group.

Wow! This is unbelievable. As many of you know I post as Grasshopper on the Wordpress blogs. I posted the following this morning knowing it would not be approved:

"So, I'm on to you. Mark Rathbun is not running this blog anymore. I don't know what you did to him and his family, but I will tell you that despite these videos, which remind me of the North Korean propaganda videos from the Korean War, the overwhelming evidence of how corrupt the church is, and the destruction of the tech, will live on. In your case, you can't erase the idiocy of the "Squirrel Busters" hounding Rathbun for months and months, and the idiotic video of the SO execs hounding Rathbun at the airport, etc., etc. I don't know what you did to make Rathbun turn on people who were his friends, but I have to think it is far worse than the squirrel busters caper.

But I'm on to you. You pushed it too far, and now these videos are just evidence of Mark's surrender. Cheers."

Guess what happened? My comment was replaced by a long, long diatribe against Tony O and the Village Voice. It was not me who wrote that. But it's under my ID because they just deleted my text and replaced it with theirs.

Unbelievable! What other proof do you need that Marty is no longer in charge of his blog?

Cussing unbelievable.

Tony, as you know I have my issues with you, but it wasn't me that posted that shit on Rathbun's blog under my ID. My lord.

He told me the same thing had happened with at least two other posters, too.

EDIT: And the post put under Grasshopper's name was also posted under someone ELSE'S name a couple of entries down.

God, they can't help but fuck everything up.
:no:

If Marty is not doing this, and there being as many avenues out here on the net to respond, why hasn't Marty come forward somewhere else to point this out? To quote a line from Shawn Phillips: And more's the same to stand by while it's happening.
Because if Marty is not actively doing it -- i.e., himself rewriting and replacing the comments -- it is being done with his consent and permission. Because he turned over complete control of his blog to someone else. And because someone has somehow procured his silence and acquiescence.

Marty is not commenting because he can't, or chooses not to for reasons of money, pressure, both, and/or something else.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

--snipped

DM's shore story is http://www.mikerindersblog.org/omfg/

"We're Guaranteeing Scientology Eternity"

DM?

Eternity?

Wouldn't that be a helluva surprise ending to the story of Life--if ultimately a violent sociopathic thug from Philadelphia controlled every being's "eternity"?

Whuutttt?! LOL

Man-Laughing-Funny-Gif-Image.gif

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
Because if Marty is not actively doing it -- i.e., himself rewriting and replacing the comments -- it is being done with his consent and permission. Because he turned over complete control of his blog to someone else. And because someone has somehow procured his silence and acquiescence.

Marty is not commenting because he can't, or chooses not to for reasons of money, pressure, both, and/or something else.
The name L. Ron Hubbard is now a trademark owned by a religious/spiritual corporation and is used as it wishes. His image is owned too, I think.

Perhaps Mark "Marty" Rathbun has achieved the same status and is now a trademarked and branded entity. :hysterical:
Weirder things have happened. :shrug:

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
Good grief. How out of touch with human emotions do you have to be to use that picture of the patrons? They look like they have been through a war and bravely showing face to a camera. Was that the best shot? Really?
Hate to see the rejects.
The cult is really oblivious. Reminds me of Hubbard's musical masterpiece LP cover.

HelluvaHoax!

The name L. Ron Hubbard is now a trademark owned by a religious/spiritual corporation and is used as it wishes. His image is owned too, I think.

Perhaps Mark "Marty" Rathbun has achieved the same status and is now a trademarked and branded entity. :hysterical:
Weirder things have happened. :shrug:

:hysterical:

Wouldn't it be wicked cool if the COS now starts to develop the trademarked brand of "Mark Rathbun"?

A splendid idea!

I'd like to volunteer and contribute the first free introductory hagiographic copy to kickstart Marty's new career as a PR spokesman for the COS. . .

Blinded with injured optic nerves, and lame with physical injuries to hip and back, at the end of his active Sea Org tours, Comrade Rathbun faced an almost non-existent future. His service record states: "This officer has no neurotic or psychotic tendencies of any kind whatsoever," but it also states "permanently disabled physically.

And so there came a further blow, Marty was abandoned by family and friends as a supposedly hopeless cripple and a probable burden upon them for the rest of his days. Yet, Comrade Rathbun worked his way back to fitness and strength in less than two years, using only what he knew about Man and his relationship to the universe. He had no one to help him--what he had to know, he had to find out. And it's quite a trick studying, when he cannot see! He became used to being told that it was all impossible, that there was no way, no hope. Yet, using what he discovered in his research into the human mind and spirit, Comrade Rathbun miraculously came to see again and walk again.

And, by further applying the principles he researched & developed, Comrade Rathbun became a rich man--after which he turned his inestimable talents to Humanitarian endeavors--beginning with a series of self-funded, self-help videos which he posted for free on the Internet, in order to help mankind to, like himself, rise above the human condition on this planet."

Below that copy, the promo would insert a dignified photo of Comrade Rathbun's research facility where he is depicted in a doctor's white work-smock, studiously peering at an e-meter connected to some kind of garden vegetable.

From there we can build the brand over time with an eye on strategically launching a major eBay campaign to sell t-shirts and mugs emblazoned with photos of Marty in various natural life situations--like waiting in line with ordinary folk at the DMV, while wearing a fancy cow-poke costume and oversized Stetson hat.

Much more to come...I'll take a break here while I prepare the ground [SUP]*[/SUP].

* Prepare the Ground - idiom: To prepare the ground wire for Scientology Chairman of the Board David Miscavige to hold onto, in order to help him blow charge from his case due to enturbulation by counter-intentioned cocksuckers.

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

I don't want to laugh at this thread (I don't want to read or know anything more about our 'old mate' Marty at all, I am so over him and everything to do with him) but this post (above or below, I never know which) has just made me laugh out loud literally ...

I knew I shouldn't look.

:lol:

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
In years to come if someone decides to quote Marty on various subjects, timelines are going to be very important.

They will have to figure out if that was before or after he said the exact opposite.

Some Random Guy

Patron with Honors
Rathbun became a very good critic of scientology and was viewed as an opinion leader amoungst the "ex" community. To now see him turning on his

"followers" makes me think that he was been bought off.

Well played CofS.

Next CofS target: Mike Rinder?

:questions::questions:

HelluvaHoax!

I don't want to laugh at this thread (I don't want to read or know anything more about our 'old mate' Marty at all, I am so over him and everything to do with him) but this post (above or below, I never know which) has just made me laugh out loud literally ...

I knew I shouldn't look.

:hysterical:

Yeah, the shit is addictive, both falling into the cult and escaping out of it.

The "going out" part has many advantages, not the least of which is you don't get a KR for laughing.

Ackerland

Patron with Honors
Just for documentary purposes, my latest post to Mr. Rathbun's blog (not through moderation at the time of this post):

Well, that’s that. I won’t bother with voicing substantial criticism of your latest video series. That is moot, now that you are back to working for the Co$.
I have enjoyed discussing on your blog those past years. I regret to see this latest development. I will not hold it against you, because I cannot tell from afar whether you’re doing this out of pure selfish motivation or out of desperation and love for your family.

Best regards

Veda

Sponsor
From Hubbard's 'Black Propaganda' of 12 January 1972:

"The objective is to be identified as attackers of popularly considered evils. This declassifies us from former labels. It reclassifies our attackers as evil people."

anti-slavery-march.jpg

Well meaning dupes ("useful idiots") participate in a sometimes front group (hides connection to Scientology), sometimes Public Relations group (advertises connection to Scientology).

Marty's blog is looking more and more choreographed.

A comment from Karmageddon Kaleidescope, under "LEAH AND HER TROUBLEMAKERS PART 8," features imported content - labelled "Tony Ortega unhinged" - from the Facebook site SPs 'r' US, where Mike Hobson (in the role of the "useful idiot") argues with Tony Ortega.

Under that is a comment from Jane Stands Up:

"Ill willed journalists have been a persistent problem in our country. Due to his conspiracy in using the village voice as a front for back page on line sex trafficking syndicate, American taxpayers are now hit with an annual bill of over 50 million dollars just in damage control, and this does not include the expenses of law enforcement. Which is vastly greater."

_______​

Since November 2015, with the 'When Distraction becomes Destructive' article, Marty's writing, on his blog, has sounded a lot like the writing found in Scientology's hopelessly contrived 'Freedom magazine'.

________​

The inception of the Citizens Commission on Human Rights and also of Freedom magazine is 'Ron's Journal 68':

"...And the general attack line is along the line of human rights; yes human rights...

Now I'll give you a clue on how this is handled, somebody comes up to you he's hostile - he's hostile to Scientology and he says to you and he says 'na na na na' and you say why are you against human rights and uh and if you know anything about human rights like the universal declaration of human rights, United Nations - that sort of thing you know if you know something about this subject you just follow it right straight up - in other words you don't defend Scientology, you just attack along this line of human rights, you see...

Tell him or her ...uh ...the hostile person the hostile press line uh...for instance a newspaper writes an article on how bad Scientology is - any Scientologist reading this should run right to that newspaper and demand: Why are you against human rights?...

Whereas an attack on Scientology is actually an attack on human rights - anyone making an attack on Scientology is an attack on human rights...

Each time Scientology is attacked, we build into society, if you do this, we'll build into society an actual stimulus response mechanism whereas an attack on Scientology is an attack on human rights".

Scientology is ever dodgy.

Last edited:

Tanchi

Patron with Honors
From Hubbard's 'Black Propaganda' of 12 January 1972:

"The objective is to be identified as attackers of popularly considered evils. This declassifies us from former labels. It reclassifies our attackers as evil people."

anti-slavery-march.jpg

Well meaning dupes ("useful idiots") participate in a sometimes front group (hides connection to Scientology), sometimes Public Relations group (advertises connection to Scientology).

Marty's blog is looking more and more choreographed.

A comment from Karmageddon Kaleidescope, under "LEAH AND HER TROUBLEMAKERS PART 8," features imported content - labelled "Tony Ortega unhinged" - from the Facebook site SPs 'r' US, where Mike Hobson (in the role of the "useful idiot") argues with Tony Ortega.

Under that is a comment from Jane Stands Up:

"Ill willed journalists have been a persistent problem in our country. Due to his conspiracy in using the village voice as a front for back page on line sex trafficking syndicate, American taxpayers are now hit with an annual bill of over 50 million dollars just in damage control, and this does not include the expenses of law enforcement. Which is vastly greater."

_______​

Since November 2015, with the 'When Distraction becomes Destructive' article, Marty's writing, on his blog, has sounded a lot like the writing found in Scientology's hopelessly contrived 'Freedom magazine'.

________​

The inception of the Citizens Commission on Human Rights and also of Freedom magazine is 'Ron's Journal 68':

"...And the general attack line is along the line of human rights; yes human rights...

Now I'll give you a clue on how this is handled, somebody comes up to you he's hostile - he's hostile to Scientology and he says to you and he says 'na na na na' and you say why are you against human rights and uh and if you know anything about human rights like the universal declaration of human rights, United Nations - that sort of thing you know if you know something about this subject you just follow it right straight up - in other words you don't defend Scientology, you just attack along this line of human rights, you see...

Tell him or her ...uh ...the hostile person the hostile press line uh...for instance a newspaper writes an article on how bad Scientology is - any Scientologist reading this should run right to that newspaper and demand: Why are you against human rights?...

Whereas an attack on Scientology is actually an attack on human rights - anyone making an attack on Scientology is an attack on human rights...

Each time Scientology is attacked, we build into society, if you do this, we'll build into society an actual stimulus response mechanism whereas an attack on Scientology is an attack on human rights".

Scientology is ever dodgy.
Wow, so now, like if anyone posts to Rathbun, their new or old nicks might get used for the Co$ agenda, and it might just SEEM like they're posting in c
favor of "cherch". Divide and conquer? Slick for a minute, but it's not you know, like rocket science, figuring it out. Lol.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron

I knew I shouldn't look.

I burst out laughing too :laugh: 'Blinded with injured optic nerves, and lame with physical injuries -' :hysterical: :lol:

Oh dear laugh tears :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.