What's new

May I be so bold as to tell more?

There has been a bit of human reaction and emotion here regarding David Mayo - what he did and what he didn't, how he feels and how he doesn't feel, etc.

I know David would reply in person but he actually can't. I hope he forgives me for telling some of his story for him. This isn't secret knowledge and something I learned when I was at the AAC, Santa Barbara. It isn't very specific 'cause it was a long time ago and my memory was never brilliant at the best of times.

David wrote some (was it 15?) years back that he was no longer a scientologist and as far as I know that is his position today. When he escaped scn he was asked by many people, who had left scn at that time, to continue with their cases. David did but it was always his intention to "flatten" cases so that peeps could move on - with no longer any need of scn. David says they did that to thousands of exe's until they were shut down by you know who. He didn't start out to create an independent empire - he was more or less implored by the exe's.

When asked when he exactly stopped being a scientologist he says he doesn't really have a definitive point in time BUT THE TIME HE WAS AUDITING LRH WAS WHEN THE FIRST DOUBTS STARTED. Make of that what you will.

David came in to scn at the age of 17 straight after school in 1960 (if my maths are correct) so he had a whole life invested in scn and all of his friends etc. A lot of us have been there haven't we?

So it took a fair amount of time for the reality adjustments to occur. As far as I know by the time he escaped he was reasonably disabused by the whole thing and no one could have blamed him if he simply walked away like so many of us. Instead he stayed on to help comrades. He kept his doubts to himself so he could handle people and get them to move onward and outward.

Once miscavidge closed him down at the AAC it was over. Scn was a thing of the past.

I hope I have got story about right. David was used as we all were, and we all helped create scn in some measure or other. Truth is us oldies got into it when there was no internet and the media were too scared to print the truth about scn. We were in the dark.

I enjoyed scn - it was a happy family until the sea org and ethics took over. However by that time we were all stuck in the game.

I personally thank miscavidge from the bottom of my heart. Without his coup I might still be in and would have wasted my entire adult life. Thank you miscavidge, thank you!

If I've got something wrong - please correct it

regards
Martin

Purple Rain

Crusader
That was an excellent post, Martin.

My 2c worth is that I think David should have as much right to reconnect with old friends, make new ones, and generally avail himself of the chance to heal as anybody else. That's what this board is for I always thought - not to hit people but to help. It should be a safe place for him too, as much as any forum can be on the internet.

That was an excellent post, Martin.

My 2c worth is that I think David should have as much right to reconnect with old friends, make new ones, and generally avail himself of the chance to heal as anybody else. That's what this board is for I always thought - not to hit people but to help. It should be a safe place for him too, as much as any forum can be on the internet.

I totally agree. I feel David is hanging back and doesn't want to be embroiled in something that may cause him trouble. You and I may treat him with respect but others are not so obliging - especially the OSA amongst us that would just love to hang him again.

Getting David "involved" in a scn discussion is just what OSA want. However they can't stop me posting what I know. All second hand but nonetheless from reliable sources.

regards
Martin

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I totally agree. I feel David is hanging back and doesn't want to be embroiled in something that may cause him trouble. You and I may treat him with respect but others are not so obliging - especially the OSA amongst us that would just love to hang him again.

Getting David "involved" in a scn discussion is just what OSA want. However they can't stop me posting what I know. All second hand but nonetheless from reliable sources.

regards
Martin

Please post what you know. The last thing I want is for David to attract any kind of OSA "treatment". Him just being here must drive them nuts. But it's important that information still be posted.

jenni with an eye

Silver Meritorious Patron
You and I may treat him with respect but others are not so obliging - especially the OSA amongst us that would just love to hang him again.

regards
Martin

Times are much better in some ways because we do have the internet and we are able to connect with friends.

Although we are all aware of OSA's ability to cut and paste, it really doesn't count for much in that the original posts are always going to be here for all to see.

I think that there is some comfort in having so many ex scio friends that will stand with you.

The more information posted the better. :)