What's new

old friends

Achi

Patron
My name is Mary McKinnon. I joined Scientology in the late 60s, and was around for almost ten years in New York, Los Angeles and Boston. I would absolutely love to hear from any old friends, whatever your current status with Scientology.
Names that come to mind are: Laura Gettler, Rich Gambino, Richard Wheeler, Naomi Shiroma, Julie Bergman; there are many more.
I do not know protocol for this, if I am wrong to say names, I am sorry. I just want to find old friends.

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Saying names the way you did is totally fine. If one of them sees you asking or if someone has contact info, they will contact you through a private message.

OSA suck it.

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome home!

Hi Achi, EP here!

Last I saw or heard of Rich Gambino was around the very early 90's at the 46th Street Org; before the "church" started a series of renos that eventually led to the almost deserted "ideal morgue" in PT.

So the cycle is complete - "almost deserted" to "almost deserted". :p

PM me anytime. :yes:

The EP's EP

myrklix

Patron with Honors
Hello Achi,

I was public in Boston from late 70's until mid 90's with a couple of breaks of several years each. I certainly remember Laura Gettler -- she was my first reg. She must have blown staff by '83 since she worked at the same company as I for a bit, both hired by another scio at that place. I also remember Rich (and Joan) Gambino from Boston before they moved on.

In the past year they spent a bundle (or at least their remaining public did) on a big building needing major rehab for their ideal org. However, having gone in there (the current bldg.) a few times in the past year to go through the repayment cycle on money unspent for almost 15 years I rarely saw more than a few public. I made it a point to check the login sheet at reception and even towards the end of the day there couldn't have been more than 12 names each time going to both HGC and academy.

There are many more former Boston staff I wonder about, a bit later than your time, many who, beneath the staff veneer, I could tell were really good folks.

Anyway, thanks for posting.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
My name is Mary McKinnon. I joined Scientology in the late 60s, and was around for almost ten years in New York, Los Angeles and Boston. I would absolutely love to hear from any old friends, whatever your current status with Scientology.
Names that come to mind are: Laura Gettler, Rich Gambino, Richard Wheeler, Naomi Shiroma, Julie Bergman; there are many more.
I do not know protocol for this, if I am wrong to say names, I am sorry. I just want to find old friends.

Welcome Mary!:)
Member Div 6 posted previously that "Joan Gambino was SO at CLO EUS for the longest time. She married Richie Gambino (yes, of THAT family, same one that Elliot Abelson protected before his stint with the Scn Crime Syndicate). She is the Flag Rep at FCDC now, and has been for 10+ years, I would guess..."
Hope this helps

Mary McConnell

Achi

Patron
Welcome Mary!:)
Member Div 6 posted previously that "Joan Gambino was SO at CLO EUS for the longest time. She married Richie Gambino (yes, of THAT family, same one that Elliot Abelson protected before his stint with the Scn Crime Syndicate). She is the Flag Rep at FCDC now, and has been for 10+ years, I would guess..."
Hope this helps

Mary McConnell

I knew Joan also, although not as well as I knew Rich.