What's new

Science of Survival: Prediction of Human Behavior

This is the crux upon which Scientology was built. I "take the 5th" on whether its true or false. I'm not that big. I HAVE seen and experienced how this concept was used to bad effect.

i wouldn't say there is some particular "crux" scn is built on unless it is ron's venal intentions

beyond that it's a body of ideas most of which betray some insght into the nature and potential of the spirit. i take out the absolutist nature of the statements and blend in the tried true wisdom of the centuries we know

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
i wouldn't say there is some particular "crux" scn is built on unless it is ron's venal intentions

Oh hiss! Such heresy! :melodramatic:

I was just going through the PDC lecture transcripts looking for something and found this gem : (3 Dec 52, Specific Parts of Self-Determinism, Spacation) "...there's only one way to help anybody, and that's take some MEST away from him."

And you thought he was just a greedy old cuss when he was actually being 'in-tech'.

From this we might formulate the ultimate Scientology process which would be an acceleration up the 'Bridge to Freedom':

OT XXX

Give me all your $ and stuff.

Thank you.

Give me all your spouse's $ and stuff.

Thank you.

Give me all your parents' $ and stuff.

Thank you.

Give me all your (relative)'s $ and stuff.

Thank you.

Give me all your friends' $ and stuff.

Thank you.

EP: Total Freedom from $, stuff, spouse, parents, relatives and friends.

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
lkwdblds;764711 On the PDC lectures said:
I finally found the reference to harmonics on the Tone Scale. LRH touches on it all too briefly in the PDC lecture of 5 Dec 52, The Tone Scale: Moving the PC Up The Scale.

I probably expanded on this brief reference in my head as I have a certain amount of knowledge regarding tone and harmonics.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you about this. I had to find my copy of the PDC lectures which were hidden away in a corner collecting dust.

guanoloco

As-Wased
I finally found the reference to harmonics on the Tone Scale. LRH touches on it all too briefly in the PDC lecture of 5 Dec 52, The Tone Scale: Moving the PC Up The Scale.

I probably expanded on this brief reference in my head as I have a certain amount of knowledge regarding tone and harmonics.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you about this. I had to find my copy of the PDC lectures which were hidden away in a corner collecting dust.

Does he ever talk about nodes, antinodes and standing waves?

Anonycat

Crusader

The lecture is in here, I think.
http://www.mediafire.com/?m2y1gsu1wyh3b

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
Does he ever talk about nodes, antinodes and standing waves?

No, he only talks very briefly about harmonics on the tone scale and the relationship between one tone to other tones of the same harmonic. It seems to me he also discusses in PDC that a tone will cause the pc's ridges of the same harmonic to activate.

My personal experience indicates that memories of a certain tone will pop up more easily if I am at that tone. If I am low tone, all the crappy memories of that tone will seem to be all that comes to mind.

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?

In the next to last chapter of the first book of SOS, there is the oft quoted "quietly and without sorrow" (p.183) passage. The thoughts found here run to the extreme of the many seemingly unconsidered strong statements that are found peppered throughout the first book of SOS.

Throughout SOS, one can read descriptions that reveal LRH's obsession with people he considered 1.1 on the Tone Scale; an obsession which apparently continued to the end of his life what with the recurrent witch hunts for SPs.

The vile notion of "...sudden and abrupt deletion of all individuals occupying the lowest bands of the Tone Scale" has been used to make the case that "Ron Is Evil". This is just the flip side of the "Ron Is Source" coin.

It is my consideration that if one really wants to be iconoclastic towards this cult idolatry, it would be to hold to the idea that LRH was just an ordinary person. As we all do, he seemed to run the gamut from Devil Incarnate to Saint, depending on time and circumstance.

I never met the man. The closest was in 1978. I woke up to find the whole Cedars-Sinai complex in an uproar. It was as if someone had hit an anthill with a stick. Apparently LRH showed up in the middle of the night and pitched a huge fit (a common phenomenon at that time, from what I have read) because the renovation of the complex was going so slowly.

This event made me re-evaluate LRH at that time. He seemed less the great man that was such common coin in CoS and more a tantruming infant god or an ordinary man who had been given too much altitude.

In the next to last chapter of the first book of SOS, there is the oft quoted "quietly and without sorrow" (p.183) passage. The thoughts found here run to the extreme of the many seemingly unconsidered strong statements that are found peppered throughout the first book of SOS.

Throughout SOS, one can read descriptions that reveal LRH's obsession with people he considered 1.1 on the Tone Scale; an obsession which apparently continued to the end of his life what with the recurrent witch hunts for SPs.

The vile notion of "...sudden and abrupt deletion of all individuals occupying the lowest bands of the Tone Scale" has been used to make the case that "Ron Is Evil". This is just the flip side of the "Ron Is Source" coin.

It is my consideration that if one really wants to be iconoclastic towards this cult idolatry, it would be to hold to the idea that LRH was just an ordinary person. As we all do, he seemed to run the gamut from Devil Incarnate to Saint, depending on time and circumstance.

I never met the man. The closest was in 1978. I woke up to find the whole Cedars-Sinai complex in an uproar. It was as if someone had hit an anthill with a stick. Apparently LRH showed up in the middle of the night and pitched a huge fit (a common phenomenon at that time, from what I have read) because the renovation of the complex was going so slowly.

This event made me re-evaluate LRH at that time. He seemed less the great man that was such common coin in CoS and more a tantruming infant god or an ordinary man who had been given too much altitude.

the question of whether ron was evil has been referred to a higher court

the "quietly and without remorse" quote is pretty rotten and condemnation of a person by reason of their "position on the tonescale" is ludicrous

but invariably popular...

most people categorically dismiss others on a similar basis some of the time and many do so chronically

this quote is raised often. i think there should be more note taken of it's antecedent. near the end of DMSMH ron (tentatively) envisions a future where only clears would be allowed civil rights. that idea was DOA at this desk. it took centuries, millenia, to produce a national constitution granting citizens civil rights at birth and another couple hundred years to make the dispensation universal.

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?

The second book in SOS was an easy read for me. LRH fairly much resisted the temptation to blabber his opinions and stuck to auditing procedure and theory which is where he shines.

There are sections of this book where he goes on and on, "philosophizing" such as the section (p.473) Level of Mind Alert but for the most part he sticks to the nuts and bolts.

I recommend the second book to anyone who is interested in Dianetics. It is very informative and worth reading or re-reading.

I especially recommend (p.287) Straight Memory, (p.311) Pleasure Moments and (p.331)Imaginary Incidents.

(p.355) Scanning Locks is recommended reading as an introduction to the late 1951 auditing tech found in Advanced Procedures and Axioms and Handbook for Preclears.

Interesting to note that though much value was given to Boil-Off in this book, LRH was very dismissive of this phenomenon in the late 1951 lectures of the Thought, Emotion and Effort series.

File Clerk and Somatic Strip had also gone by the boards by late 1951. I don't recall them even being mentioned.

Techless

Patron Meritorious
Guys,

If he had any clue about 'tone' , harmonics or otherwise, he might have been able to make some music.

He never did -so I'm rather sure he never, ever understood harmonics by any means, other than to 'talk' about them, to make it seem he did know something...

he never did impress me with anything he ever said regarding some vast knowledge of physics or whatever -though he conned many into believing he did -

not too hard: just get some 'words' rounded up...

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Guys, and Gals

If he had any clue about 'tone' , harmonics or otherwise, he might have been able to make some music.

He never did -so I'm rather sure he never, ever understood harmonics by any means, other than to 'talk' about them, to make it seem he did know something... <snip> . . .

Ummmm . . .

[video=youtube_share;YGNHa8IH91k]http://youtu.be/YGNHa8IH91k[/video]​

. . . of course, this leaves the definition of "music" open to debate.

Techless

Patron Meritorious
Prior to any reply on this - my point is:

Has anyone seen, or witnessed any "Great Art", that the master(bater) hath done?

Anything? ...that really knocked you out?

He seemed to fail at any endeavor in this realm-but yet has now 'Smithsonian' quality displays of the 'hardware'...camera's, his mind-blowing 'microphone collection' (would make many engineers today cry...) that he has obtained? Does anyone have anything here that he did with these tools that cry out in "yes, I've achieved communication through ART?"

Bull friggin bull bull

Again,

HHmmmmmmm

(sorry, I'm still one of them artists folk)

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
That's hilarious, what is that?

Well . . . its a long story and I can't tell you all of it all at once because the information is so hilarious you run the risk of catching pneumonia. But, well, since you asked, here's the first
gradient . . .

According to Annie Broeker, as announced by her at an event around 1987, Hubbard was also Arp Cola, the inventor of music at the beginning - or just before the beginning - of time. There was some kind of a tie in with the 'Road to Freedom' music album, since Hubbard, as the inventor of music, had included some of his original Arp Cola melodies.

. . . also, Google is your friend. There is much mirth awaiting you.

Techless

Patron Meritorious
Ummmm . . .

OMG - Yes, this is what I was referring to, and when I heard back then (1980?). Now and since after then: seriously questioning the 'help' artist may find...

Thank you!

I'm thinking Chick probably dug a few needles into his earballs at the time.

I now must go away to barf briefly - but thanks - I'm on the floor laughing....

TL

Techless

Patron Meritorious
Arp Cola melodies...

Yes, was thinking this had something to do with ARP synths, of which I have a few - but now you have set course for many over the top Python spew fests.

Thank you!

I hope others may eventually get: that tone/harmonics do have something to do with music, audible or otherwise...

Best,

TL

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
Arp Cola ???!!!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha :hysterical:

Almost made me arp my cola when I read that.

And I always thought Boop Aid started all that stuff several gazillion years ago.

Maybe we could start the Church of Arp and the Church of Boop and fight a nice religious war. See how many bodies pile up before the one true originator of blah-blah is determined for once and for all.