What's new

Scientologist to appeal to the Supreme Court in wedding venue clash

Anonycat

Crusader
A Scientologist who lost a High Court bid to marry in the organisation’s London venue has been granted permission to appeal to the Supreme Court.

Louisa Hodkin had planned to marry fiancé Alessandro Calcioli in the Church of Scientology’s building on Queen Victoria Street. But the planned wedding could not go ahead because the Registrar General for Births Deaths and Marriages refused to recognise the venue as a place where legally valid religious marriages could take place, saying it was not “a place of meeting for religious worship”.
Full story: http://www.marilynstowe.co.uk/2013/...-to-the-supreme-court-in-wedding-venue-clash/

Anonycat

Crusader
commentig.jpg

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
After I had been out of this abbreviation happy cult for a while, all those who remained, and that I still communicated with, began to sound the same to me; as if they were working off the same script. I could almost predict what they were going to say next at a given moment or what their answer would be to any given question. It was horrible, they seemed like mindless walking cliches. But, worst than that though was recognizing the fact that I had been very much like them once! :omg:

A cult tends to dampen that little spark of uniqueness or originality which we all seem to innately possess.

TP