What's new

Scientology Banned From Shopping Mall in The UK

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
http://www.birminghammail.net/2008/...y-banned-from-shopping-centre-97319-21350467/
Church of Scientology banned from shopping centre

THE Church of Scientology has been banned from a Midland shopping centre after a string of complaints that they had been preaching to children.

Church leaders understood to be from Birmingham set up a stall at Wolverhampton’s Wulfrun Centre after making a booking under the name Dianetics, the church’s main theory.

Bosses ordered preachers to pack up and leave after angry parents said their children had been invited to take part in “stress tests” and then lectured about the religion.

“We had complaints that kids had been invited to take part in a stress test and were then being asked questions about religion,” said operations manager Colin Quinton.

“We told them that we’d had complaints, and we wouldn’t be inviting them back. It didn’t seem like a religious set-up and we wouldn’t have allowed them in if we had realised who they were. We try and stay neutral on issues of politics and religion.”

The event, on Saturday, June 28, was understood to be part of a huge recruitment drive by Scientologists across Birmingham and the Black Country.

The controversial church includes Hollywood actor Tom Cruise among its supporters. Growing numbers of followers in Birmingham have submitted plans unveiled to spend £4.25 million to turn Moseley’s Grade II-listed Pitmaston building into the Midlands HQ for the church.

Graeme Wilson, the church’s public affairs director, said: “The Wulfrun has adopted a policy of having no religious organisations at the centre.

“Apparently there was one complaint by one person, who didn’t identify himself, saying he had seen children approached and offered stress tests.

“I understand that he did not claim to be a parent of any such children, and no evidence has been presented.

“Our stress tests are not offered to children,” Mr Wilson added.

------------------------------------------------------
Church of Scientology Banned From Shopping Mall in The UK
By Robert Paul Reyes
http://newsblaze.com/story/20080718071927reye.nb/topstory.html

Things that induce stress: Being audited by the IRS, a dental appointment, a poor work evaluation, discovering that all of your wife's MySpace friends are sex freaks, a next-door neighbor with a penchant for playing Michael Bolton at ear-piercing levels, and running into Scientologists at a shopping center.

When a Scientologist starts blathering to me about auditing, Dianetics, Thetans, implants and a Galactic Confederacy, my blood pressure climbs sky high. Scientologists are as obnoxious as a 12-year-old Trekkie excited about going to his first Star Trek convention.

Nothing induces stress quite like Tom Cruise's wide-eyed infomercial for Scientology, which can be see at YouTube. If they played that clip non-stop to the suspected terrorists at Guantanamo, they would claim responsibility for the 9/11 attacks, the high price of oil, global warming, and Priscilla Presley's botched plastic surgery.

Scientologists are hated around the world for their guile and desperate tactics to gain new converts.

"The Church of Scientology has been banned from a Midland shopping centre after a string of complaints that they had been preaching to children.

Church leaders understood to be from Birmingham set up a stall at Wolverhampton's Wulfrun Centre after making a booking under the name Dianetics, the church's main theory.

Bosses ordered preachers to pack up and leave after angry parents said their children had been invited to take part in "stress tests" and then lectured about the religion."

Quotation from The Birmingham Mail

I thought Scientologists couldn't sink any lower when I witnessed Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah Winfrey's couch, but I was wrong. It doesn't get any lower or more desperate than trying to brainwash young kids at a shopping center.

Children at a shopping center are there to learn all about the religion of Western Civilization: Mindless consumerism. They shouldn't have to put up with any predatory Scientologists.

If a Scientologist talks gibberish about past lives, secret levels and extraterrestrial beings and then gives me a stress test, of course the test will show that my stress level is through the roof. The answer to relieving my stress is not to join the Scientology cult, but to kick those fools to the curb.

If a Scientologist at a mall approaches you, just imitate Tom Cruise and he will leave you the hell alone.

asagai

Patron Meritorious
And here is a picture for Graeme Wilson so that he can retract his press statement! :hysterical:

474774828_95a0c40997.jpg

http://flickr.com/photos/theeerin/474774828/

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Banned in Basements!
Banned in Bristol!
Banned in the boulevards!
Banned in Bumfuck Georgia!

Zinj

ScudMuffin

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hi David,
Thank you for your email.

An event did take place this Saturday, which was booked under a name that did not suggest that this was a CoS event.

This promoter will not be permitted to come into the Centre again as we do not knowingly permit any political or faith recruitment events to take place. We also can not permit any type of protest to take place in the shopping centre, particularly anything emotive as you suggest this may be, as the safety and comfort of our shoppers has to remain paramount and as private property we have the luxury of being able to make this choice.

I do hope you can understand our position and may I wish you well in your endeavours.

Kind regards

Jo Benyon

Asset Manager

Wolvo also got raided by some of our lot on monday as a general awareness project. Lets hope we can kick the international aids machine out the Black Country perminently.