What's new

The Vulnerabilities of Anonymous

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
:yes: I agree whole heartedly on this one. Frankly it was annon that started to give me real hope that they could be taken down. PLEASE UNDERSTAND I am in NO MEANS trying to demean or belittle what BFG, Magoo or Wise Beard Man are doing - they are some of the Badest Ass Ex'es/critics/freedom fighters around! But something in me clicked when I saw a group, a large group internationally, take on this fight - take down the scilos computers (I know that changed) - talking to the media, the YT video's. I just thought for the first time that with all these forces from all these different points - that scn could really be taken down! Each group is different. That can be seen from the various web-sites, message boards, etc. - let's EMPOWER each other! :hifive: Let's have respect for each other and have each other's backs! We agree on our goal. Let's agree to disagree to each other's methods!

Sounds great to me.

I'm all for empowerment today!

Terril park

Sponsor
If I have weakened anybody else's morale as a critic on ESMB, then I sincerely apologize.

I feel like I am waking up from something today.

I am sorry if I have been an asshole while I slept.

Some may say thats the only time you're not. :)

As one who has attended all protests but one I can say I know that security is lax in the London Anons. In the pub after protests everyone takes their mask off. I've heard a story of how someone was not who he was saying he was at one time. Not that I've tried but real names are not bandied about. Everyone is known by their posting nick except the " old guard".

A few have been followed, sent Cease and Desist letters and they still happily protest. I don't think OSA can do much at all.

The brightest idea they came up with was to send a couple of OT OSA volunteers to video willing anons to answer their rather loaded one sided questions. I volunteered and it was achance to tell them how they could do better in the FZ. They didn't finish their questionaire with me. Some anons made complete stupid assholes of themselves. I've never seen this material used, but maybe internally?

I think the more OSA tries to do the more people will come to protests. I'm
suprised that so many people still come and do other activities also. Regularly 40-50 come to the london protests. Don't think anything COS does stops people coming. But other interests, boredom with it is probably the reason for dwindling anons at protests.

I'm very pleasantly suprised that anon is still protesting. :)

DCAnon

Silver Meritorious Patron
Planning one big event a year and having everyone set aside time in their schedules to make it? Big protest. Have protests every single month? People will make it if they can, if they remember, if they have time...

:yes: It's just the natural way of any irl protesty/activisty/trolly/whatever group.

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Alanzo

I feel sorry for you Alanzo....
I don't need your PERMISSION or validation to protest; there is no way you can "authenticate" my cult experience (1994-95)

I have used my own experience and knoledge to educate myself about the activities of CofS... everyone who comes to ESMB has their own story.

We don't NEED you to tell us how to hold a party, or inform the public
:party:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I feel sorry for you Alanzo....
I don't need your PERMISSION or validation to protest; there is no way you can "authenticate" my cult experience (1994-95)

I have used my own experience and knoledge to educate myself about the activities of CofS... everyone who comes to ESMB has their own story.

We don't NEED you to tell us how to hold a party, or inform the public
:party:

I'm unsure of what you are trying to communicate here.

And I don't know who you are.

OTBT

Patron Meritorious
Amusing that this thread is posted in the OSA discussion topic section.

/facepalm

rich

Thanks alanzo, but you must be drunk. They are the ultimate thetans. They can't do anything BUT survive- right ? And they are too free and too independant and too open to have procedures among only themselves. They are legion, just like body thetans.

It is my opinion that there is no way they can survive without some kind of verification procedure among themselves.

ScudMuffin

I haz the answer to it all. I am going to put on a Marilyn Monroe mask and infiltrate Alanzo.

Transexual Zombie Kink? You filthy character :thumbsup:

On a slightly more serious note, regarding the op, there's a slight element that's been missed here.

To a certain extent Anons do know who other Anons are. The majority of Anons protesting now have been in from the beginning or the first six months, know each other from the net, know eachother irl and know what behaviour to look out for with regards to 'infiltrators'. As a result it it is a fair bit harder for people to infiltrate local Chanology cells than it was a 16 or 15 months ago. Our local org sent in one or two to try and it was obvious who they were and what they were trying to do. They'd appear online first, same as all and then give off little indicators, we'd get suspicious and do a 'sting' operation. Needless to say that scinos have an effortless ability to give themselves away.

People come, people go, the scene changes. Keeping identities hidden to an extent has helped, but it's that combined with an anarchic structure and the sheer number of protestors (even if it is less than it was) that has helped keep the cult's counter criticism tactics down.

Cherished

:yes: I agree whole heartedly on this one. Frankly it was annon that started to give me real hope that they could be taken down. PLEASE UNDERSTAND I am in NO MEANS trying to demean or belittle what BFG, Magoo or Wise Beard Man are doing - they are some of the Badest Ass Ex'es/critics/freedom fighters around! But something in me clicked when I saw a group, a large group internationally, take on this fight - take down the scilos computers (I know that changed) - talking to the media, the YT video's. I just thought for the first time that with all these forces from all these different points - that scn could really be taken down! Each group is different. That can be seen from the various web-sites, message boards, etc. - let's EMPOWER each other! :hifive: Let's have respect for each other and have each other's backs! We agree on our goal. Let's agree to disagree to each other's methods!

AMEN!:thankyou:

13heathens

Patron with Honors
They are legion, just like body thetans.

I like that! Those darn body thetans sure do like to cluster, don't they? As son as you break up one cluster, along comes another. I think it's a great analogy!

On a secondary note;

I spent almost a year vilifying LRH and his "tech".. lately I find myself trying to make scientologists seem more human. I think I'm getting soft as a critic! *GRIN*

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
I spent almost a year vilifying LRH and his "tech".. lately I find myself trying to make scientologists seem more human. I think I'm getting soft as a critic! *GRIN*

Excellent work 13 !

Those last 3 videos where you had discussions with the stress cart guy were very informational, particularly for the scientologist ! You clearly knew more than he did.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa

Good on you, man.

Scientologists are human.

There is not one bit of difference between a scientologist and any other human.

No matter what LRH, or AnonOrange, told them!

There is no "anonymous"

It is my opinion that there is no way they can survive without some kind of verification procedure among themselves.

I believe that successful operations have been waged by OSA to infiltrate, discredit and depower Tory, WBM, and others within the ranks of Anonymous.

I don't know what to do about Anonymous' vulnerabilities. I didn't create Anonymous, nor do I maintain it.

But I am a critic.

And critic you shall be. Yet, in a sense, merely by posting here, you've contributed some small piece to Anonymous. Care to cross-post this at WWP and make it official?

I've had involvement with Anonymous - it was Anonymous' protests starting over a year ago that rekindled my hope in coming to terms with scientology. I've attended numerous protests anonymously, It was, for me, amazingly healing to stand in front of an org with my protest signs, to finally direct my anger, frustration, anger and pain where it belonged - Scientology!

I know some other anons, but none by name. I don't know where any anons live. You are making a mistake in thinking that there is any kind of "group" with anything resembling a membership.

Anonymous is no such group, because there is group. There are no members, just individuals who operate according to their own free will with information and happen to operate with/on ideals (memes) that other individuals happen to like. While idealism primarily drives some, boredome drivers others, personal pain primarily drives still more, and in most cases, LULz is the point.

You really can't put Anonymous into a box like you can with Boy Scouts, 7th day adventists, or cabbage farmers. It's not like that.

Chanology in any kind of recognizable form may outlast Scientology, it may not. For what it's worth, the actions of Anonymous have educated an entire generation of people about Scientology, and that will last for decades to come. And, since Anonymous is most frequented by tech-savvy youth, the people best educated about this are the movers and shakers of tomorrow, as well as those most likely to be targeted by Scientology.

It's a master stroke. If I believed Scientology, I'd say that anonymous is probably the purest possible case of the 5th dynamic clearing an aberration of the 4th dynamic....

And, you have to admit that the rules have changed.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Chanology in any kind of recognizable form may outlast Scientology, it may not. For what it's worth, the actions of Anonymous have educated an entire generation of people about Scientology, and that will last for decades to come. And, since Anonymous is most frequented by tech-savvy youth, the people best educated about this are the movers and shakers of tomorrow, as well as those most likely to be targeted by Scientology.

It's a master stroke. If I believed Scientology, I'd say that anonymous is probably the purest possible case of the 5th dynamic clearing an aberration of the 4th dynamic....

And, you have to admit that the rules have changed.

I agree with what you say here. A whole new generation has been educated/inoculated against Scientology by Anonymous. And yes, the rules HAVE CHANGED - and Anonymous has caused that change.

It is undeniable that Anonymous has been what anyone who ever woke up from Scientology has been praying for.

But my point in this thread is that the Church of Scientology trains its staff in counter-insurgent technology which includes infiltration and disruption of its enemies as one of its primary tools. You have to get the degree to which a military mindset is at the core of Scientology management.

They have a fake navy, they have re-education/slave labor camps, and they have a "special forces" section whose job it is to go behind enemy lines, and set up installations from within the enemy camp - stay there - and keep reporting back everything they find.

And they do not use that information very often. They file it and keep it for when the time is right.

The way that Anonymous exists, without verification or any kind of security measures, is perfect for the technology of Scientology.

It is not good enough to say "but we're not a group".

Scientology is working to make it no fun to be part of Anonymous.

And in MANY CASES where you see the most effective anons being marginalized and outcasted by Anonymous, you will find the Church of Scientology at the bottom of it. That is what they are specifically trained to do to their enemies.

I can guarantee you that.

Maybe it won't matter. Maybe the Anonymous movement, having already caused a shift in thinking by government agencies and improved the willingness and ability of plaintiffs to file key lawsuits, will fade away while the really effective actions - actual law enforcement and civil litigation - will take over.

Maybe so.

But I would like to see the Anonymous movement continue for as along as it can.

That's why I started this thread.

DCAnon

If Scientology could have done something about Anonymous or if the tech actually worked, they'd have done it already.

Besides, here's the secret weakness to Anonymous. Don't tell anyone!
http://xkcd.com/591/

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron
If Scientology could have done something about Anonymous or if the tech actually worked, they'd have done it already.

Besides, here's the secret weakness to Anonymous. Don't tell anyone!
http://xkcd.com/591/

Thats were "anon" misses how the church functions. Functions, not operates.

The handling of anon is a process of discovery and refinement for the church, trial and error if you will that is just barely into its second year.

You are thinking too short term. The Church is not.

Loved the link. Newbies cant triforce either.

Scientology is not thinking long term

Thats were "anon" misses how the church functions. Functions, not operates.

The handling of anon is a process of discovery and refinement for the church, trial and error if you will that is just barely into its second year.

You are thinking too short term. The Church is not.

Loved the link. Newbies cant triforce either.
I believe you give the church too much credit. It doesn't, and can't think long term.

First, its actions are cast in stone, it must follow policy.

Second, David Miscavige is stupid and incompetent. And if they aren't following policy, they are following Miscavige.

Third, the mindset of the church is never future-focused, it is all about micro-management and "stats up today".

No, there is no long term focus for the church.