What's new

This should make you laugh... I hope :)

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was very successful at recovering a great many people back to Scientology through personal contact

Hi Chris,

Just watched your new video - great stuff! Do you ever regret recovering a great many people back? Have you kept up on whether they are still in or not?

I had a Class XII from Flag try to recover me over the phone one day quite a few years ago. I told him exactly what I thought. How there were no OTs, etc. He actually acknowledged me and no one called me after that. I wonder what happened to him and if he's still in or got out. I forget who it was, I wish I had taken notes at the time.

wazn

Patron with Honors
Left in early '82 and no calls. :unsure:

However, it might be that CO$ confronted their conundrum... Call and recover me or use my "gone-ness" to jerk my x around concerning the state of connection to me (we have kids).

Not knowing the extent of my $, but knowing how much $ the x has, has made this an easy choice - yank and extort the x.

"We're" on the final stage of disconnection - the final child has been told that they too will suffer disconnection. Years of lost love and connection have passed. Children have been devastated. Hundreds of thousands of $ have been "given" to CO$ instead of helping the kids with college... etc. All this, yet X is no further "up" the bridge than when we climbed out the window of the FH and left, in '82.

:angry:

Chris Shelton

Patron with Honors
Hi Chris,

Just watched your new video - great stuff! Do you ever regret recovering a great many people back? Have you kept up on whether they are still in or not?

It's a little complicated to explain how I feel about it. It was a "good thing" to do at the time and made sense to me, as I truly believed in what I was doing and that I was offering those people real spiritual salvation. Because of that, I don't regret my actions because they were not ill-intended.

However, while I may not regret them, I do wish I hadn't done them and knowing what I know now, I would never do any such thing again. I think that's all we can really do with our lives is "live and learn."

I wish I could undo some of what I did while I was in, and I suppose that might have something to do with why I'm doing what I do now. But regret is not what drives me or compels me to make videos or write articles and I'm not on some big 4th dynamic liability formula right now. I do what I do because it's the right thing to do and I still have an honest desire to help people, especially those who I feel I can still really make a difference with, i.e. those still trapped in Scientology's mind game.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
It's a little complicated to explain how I feel about it. It was a "good thing" to do at the time and made sense to me, as I truly believed in what I was doing and that I was offering those people real spiritual salvation. Because of that, I don't regret my actions because they were not ill-intended.

However, while I may not regret them, I do wish I hadn't done them and knowing what I know now, I would never do any such thing again. I think that's all we can really do with our lives is "live and learn."

I wish I could undo some of what I did while I was in, and I suppose that might have something to do with why I'm doing what I do now. But regret is not what drives me or compels me to make videos or write articles and I'm not on some big 4th dynamic liability formula right now. I do what I do because it's the right thing to do and I still have an honest desire to help people, especially those who I feel I can still really make a difference with, i.e. those still trapped in Scientology's mind game.

Good and honest answer! I think that's what I would have said.

I was never a good salesman, and although I spent hours/days/weeks trying to sell DMSMH at swap meets, I only succeeded at getting a couple people in through books sales. And I can only hope they didn't stay. My forte' was not in trying to convince anyone of anything. You, on the other hand, could probably sell ice cubes to Eskimos! LOL!

Keep up the great videos, and just sell Common Sense, Compassion and Logic. People need those more than they need "saving".

ClearEyed

Patron with Honors
They must have a program to update their files and find all the people that have dropped off lines. A Sea Org Mission was probably sent in some time ago to get this program and all of the targets done done done. It is as you say pathetic.

Whoever did the evaluation and wrote up the program is leaving out some very important data. Scientology is a fraud and L Ron Hubbard, David Miscavige, or anyone else promoting it are all con men. Most of the people who have left or been declared know this and are not about to bite again.

Yes, that has been going on for a while. It really ramps up when they want to fund a new building in your area.