What's new

Today Tonight doing show on the Lord Mayor Opening the Idle Org. Tonight 6.30 pm EDT.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Didn't think of that! I guess that would be one way to get politicians to "support" you. . . blackmail. . . .the ends justify the means, after all, if it's the greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics. :eyeroll: I wouldn't put the CofS past it. He was obviously very uncomfortable. . . it would explain a lot.
(Not directed solely at TL, I'm just quoting you for context.)

Let's not break out the tinfoil. It was a lapse in judgement, plain and simple.

Doyle probably had no idea what he was getting himself into by attending.

Kate does pretty good schmooze and she probably did bedazzle him.

The fact that he hung up on a journo who was undoubtedly aggressively questioning his decision to attend is hardly surprising but is simply further indication of poor judgement; once he was committed to going he didn't want to hear too much about what he was getting himself into.

The "just here on the invitation of a friend" line was obviously pre-scripted and is indicative of him at least being aware that there might be some consequences, he just had no real idea about what those consequences were going to be.

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron

The fact that he hung up on a journo who was undoubtedly aggressively questioning his decision to attend is hardly surprising but is simply further indication of poor judgement; once he was committed to going he didn't want to hear too much about what he was getting himself into.

The "just here on the invitation of a friend" line was obviously pre-scripted and is indicative of him at least being aware that there might be some consequences, he just had no real idea about what those consequences were going to be.

No problem Panda :) That was my first impression as well, but the conspiracy angle is a lot more fun to play with. It'll be interesting to watch him try to wiggle out of this one while keeping his friendship with Kate and his votes!

skydog

Patron Meritorious
I don't feel sorry for him one bit, a local radio talk show host called him a few days prior to the event to ask him why he was supporting a destructive group like Scientology and he hung up on him.

At the very least he could have easily asked a staff member do a Google search for him to see what the allegations were all about.

He's an elected official and his constituents deserve better than that.

Let this be a lesson to anyone else who is asked to lie for an organization they know nothing about, or to anyone who lies about not knowing.

I agree, where the hell has he been the last year as these allegations were all over the news, plus coverage of the senate hearings? If he is that f%$ing stupid, he deserves the political fallout.

Great authority there.

More authority there.

Does that mean Doyle is not intelligent to deal with a bit a bit of silly flirting from a (IMO) silly sounding female?

I did say that my post was speculation Panda, and your post is just as speculative as mine, but yours has a far more authoratative tone than mine.

And don't be so loose with the "tinfoil" bit. You know hubbard's strategies and backdoor tricks to get officialdom on side. It's in policy. I have wondered for a long time how officials have been gotten to idle org openings worldwide. We are talking about the cult of scientology. To wonder about that and to verbalize is specualtion, but not "tinfoil".

Getting back to Doyle specifically. He is a public official. If he is questioned about the idle org stint, he should be able to answer the questions. If he has made an error in judgement, so be it, but we do not have to take that on good faith, especically in regards to any involvement with the COS, and ceratinly not because you decide to be his personal damage control officer.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Let's face it, I AM more authoritative than you, db! :D

I'm sorry, I can't take up the position of Doyle's Personal Damage Control Officer. I already have too much to do juggling my roles as "Puppet Of Xenophon" and "Emma's PPRO".

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
Let's face it, I AM more authoritative than you, db! :D

I'm sorry, I can't take up the position of Doyle's Personal Damage Control Officer. I already have too much to do juggling my roles as "Puppet Of Xenophon" and "Emma's PPRO".

Yeah but P, the datum applies does it not? "Want something done, give it to a busy man"!

James

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Mark Harris - used to be cook for CLO in Castlereagh St. Dad is Ralph Harris, D/CO ABLE ANZO.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Mark Harris - used to be cook for CLO in Castlereagh St. Dad is Ralph Harris, D/CO ABLE ANZO.

What happened to Christine Harris? I knew her when she was in OSA Int about 15 years ago. Did she go back to ANZO with Ralph?

Paul

minnie

Patron with Honors
What happened to Christine Harris? I knew her when she was in OSA Int about 15 years ago. Did she go back to ANZO with Ralph?

Paul

Yes, she became the ESTO NW I/C ANZO. I don't know her current position though. I never knew she had a background in OSA but it figures. :no:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Yes, she became the ESTO NW I/C ANZO. I don't know her current position though. I never knew she had a background in OSA but it figures. :no:

OK, thanks very much. I used to get on fine with Chris.

Back around 1982/3 I was the Solo Tech Sec at AOSHUK. Chris came on some mission. One Saturday when I had a day off, and they had a day off, the three of us somehow ended up driving down to visit my mother. This was totally personal, nothing to do with Scn at all. We had a look around a local Cathedral while we were in the area (Chris on the right). Nothing sec-checkable ever happened. :)

chris_neel.jpg

Paul

minnie

Patron with Honors
Ah, sounds like you had a nice time. :) And that's an attractive photo. I got on okay with her for the most part initially - thought she had a lot of warmth. As time went by I saw less admirable qualities. And ultimately after I left staff, she tried to destroy the family I was trying to create by going all-out to recruit my partner to the S.O while it was suspected I was pregnant, causing me enormous distress. I felt at the time that she had evaluated me to be of little significance or worth now that I had failed to live up to certain expectations, and so she acted quite ruthlessly.

OK, thanks very much. I used to get on fine with Chris.

Back around 1982/3 I was the Solo Tech Sec at AOSHUK. Chris came on some mission. One Saturday when I had a day off, and they had a day off, the three of us somehow ended up driving down to visit my mother. This was totally personal, nothing to do with Scn at all. We had a look around a local Cathedral while we were in the area (Chris on the right). Nothing sec-checkable ever happened. :)

chris_neel.jpg

Paul

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Yes, that is a very nice photo, Paul.
Once again we're reminded that "inside every Sea Org Member is a normal person just dying to get out!"