What's new

Total (Spiritual) Freedom

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Idle Morgue - Using the Lingo with Ex Scientologists IS who I am. We are talking about Scientology, and all of us use the Lingo to one degree or another. I am capable of NOT using it, but to get my point across with Ex Scientologists, I know they are at least understanding me.. and since I am still involved with a version of the tech, I speak about it and use it. I know how to talk without it, my mom and kids and other friends don't hear a word of it.. but here, I am just trying to be honest.

Alot of folks here don't like that I find anything worthwhile in the tech.. but we are all Ex Scientologists.. If I can't be honest here, and talk about it.. I don't know WHERE I can do that. I understand now that there are people here who are extremely restimulated when they hear someone likes any part of it, so I moved to this section, hoping I could just express myself and be listened to and understood. If I am WRONG, in anything I say, then here is your opportunity to whack some sense into me. I am all for Waking Up and becoming more aware, and if I am incorrect, I don't mind being corrected. Dilpickle

That is your opinion.

Dilpickle

Patron with Honors
That is your opinion.

Smilla - I thought the whole point of moving over here was that by expressing my opinions on some of the tech being worthwhile I had upset Purple Rain to the point that you all thought I was deliberately trying to hurt her. Maybe I misunderstood. If so, please enlighten me.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Smilla - I thought the whole point of moving over here was that by expressing my opinions on some of the tech being worthwhile I had upset Purple Rain to the point that you all thought I was deliberately trying to hurt her. Maybe I misunderstood. If so, please enlighten me.

I said what I said.

Gadfly

Crusader
Idle Morgue - Using the Lingo with Ex Scientologists IS who I am. We are talking about Scientology, and all of us use the Lingo to one degree or another. I am capable of NOT using it, but to get my point across with Ex Scientologists, I know they are at least understanding me.. and since I am still involved with a version of the tech, I speak about it and use it. I know how to talk without it, my mom and kids and other friends don't hear a word of it.. but here, I am just trying to be honest.

Alot of folks here don't like that I find anything worthwhile in the tech.. but we are all Ex Scientologists.. If I can't be honest here, and talk about it.. I don't know WHERE I can do that. I understand now that there are people here who are extremely restimulated when they hear someone likes any part of it, so I moved to this section, hoping I could just express myself and be listened to and understood. If I am WRONG, in anything I say, then here is your opportunity to whack some sense into me. I am all for Waking Up and becoming more aware, and if I am incorrect, I don't mind being corrected. Dilpickle

Just be honest and keep talking.

That is all any of us can do. The truth is that just about everybody IS honest in alignment with exactly how he or she views things to be.

You don't restimulate me.

We each see things just how we each see things, and few of us can do otherwise.

Luckily, some of us can and do change our viewpoints as new information is contacted and acquired.

Dilpickle

Patron with Honors
Just be honest and keep talking.

That is all any of us can do. The truth is that just about everybody IS honest in alignment with exactly how he or she views things to be.

You don't restimulate me.

We each see things just how we each see things, and few of us can do otherwise.

Luckily, some of us can and do change our viewpoints as new information is contacted and acquired.

Thank you Gadfly.. I appreciate it. I have learned ALOT here already, and it has been very enlightening and I am enjoying my stay here. I hope I am not ever sent to the ESMB RTF :))

Smilla

Ordinary Human
I left Scientology behind as a subject and practice not because it didn't work, but because it is banal, trivial, and narrow in scope. Selah.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

You can use whatever words you like, really. If you use scientology jargon, you will be understood, if you use normal words, you will also be understood. That is the thing - you don't need scientology jargon to get your point across. :) If you feel better using it, then you are free to do so. It's not that people get "extremely restimulated" by the words, it's mostly frustration I'd say!

When you start substituting normal words for jargon, you come to find you don't need it. Like 'realisations' for 'cognitions', 'upsets' for 'ARCXs'. There has been some good discussions on why and how the jargon trips you up in the waking up process. I'll see if I can find them.

Some of us tend to use quote marks when using jargon to indicate it's not a normal word, it is a quote of another language, which it is. I thought when I started here that talking scientology would help the "reality factor" (translation - be understood) but I soon found it didn't.

As I said before, the words are a shortcut, they tend to label a whole concept so that it can almost become invisible, and it certainly can't be looked at in all the concepts that go to make up the whole label. I don't know if I am explaining this well, but for example look at the labels "PTS and ARCX". They cover a vast amount of information neatly tied into a few letters. And within those letters lie 'thought stoppers' that tend to make one stop questioning and exploring more. You have to accept without question the underlying concepts to accept the major concept. Clear as mud right? :)

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...mally-again...&p=398359&viewfull=1#post398359

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?5614-Alternative-words-to-Scientologese

Last edited:

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Thought-terminating cliché

"Thought Reform and the Psychology of Totalism popularized the term "thought-terminating cliché". A thought-terminating cliché is a commonly used phrase, sometimes passing as folk wisdom, used to quell cognitive dissonance. Though the phrase in and of itself may be valid in certain contexts, its application as a means of dismissing dissent or justifying fallacious logic is what makes it thought-terminating.
Lifton said:[4][5]
The language of the totalist environment is characterized by the thought-terminating cliché. The most far-reaching and complex of human problems are compressed into brief, highly reductive, definitive-sounding phrases, easily memorized and easily expressed. These become the start and finish of any ideological analysis.
In George Orwell’s novel Nineteen Eighty-Four, the fictional constructed language Newspeak is designed to reduce language entirely to a set of thought-terminating clichés. Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World society uses thought-terminating clichés in a more conventional manner, most notably in regard to the drug soma as well as modified versions of real-life platitudes, such as, “A doctor a day keeps the jim-jams away.” Hannah Arendt, in Eichmann in Jerusalem, describes Adolf Eichmann as an intelligent man using many of these thought-terminating clichés to justify his actions and the role he played in the Holocaust. For her, these phrases are symptomatic of an absence of thought."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thought_Reform_and_the_Psychology_of_Totalism

Dilpickle

Patron with Honors
You can use whatever words you like, really. If you use scientology jargon, you will be understood, if you use normal words, you will also be understood. That is the thing - you don't need scientology jargon to get your point across. :) If you feel better using it, then you are free to do so. It's not that people get "extremely restimulated" by the words, it's mostly frustration I'd say!

When you start substituting normal words for jargon, you come to find you don't need it. Like 'realisations' for 'cognitions', 'upsets' for 'ARCXs'. There has been some good discussions on why and how the jargon trips you up in the waking up process. I'll see if I can find them.

Some of us tend to use quote marks when using jargon to indicate it's not a normal word, it is a quote of another language, which it is. I thought when I started here that talking scientology would help the "reality factor" (translation - be understood) but I soon found it didn't.

As I said before, the words are a shortcut, they tend to label a whole concept so that it can almost become invisible, and it certainly can't be looked at in all the concepts that go to make up the whole label. I don't know if I am explaining this well, but for example look at the labels "PTS and ARCX". They cover a vast amount of information neatly tied into a few letters. And within those letters lie 'thought stoppers' that tend to make one stop questioning and exploring more. You have to accept without question the underlying concepts to accept the major concept. Clear as mud right? :)

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...mally-again...&p=398359&viewfull=1#post398359

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?5614-Alternative-words-to-Scientologese

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
I left Scientology behind as a subject and practice not because it didn't work, but because it is banal, trivial, and narrow in scope. Selah.

Thank you! This sentence reminds me of my awakening.

"...because it is banal, trivial, and narrow in scope."

The sweet fresh air rushes in. I find myself indulging in the perfect blissful memories of my initial leaving the mind-set of Hubbard's scientology. The world opened up. My mind opened up. My heart opened up. The deep rich colours of life showed themselves. So new, so raw, so vast, limitless - so profoundly beautiful. Whenever I allow myself to indulge in these memories, I always get watery stuff in my eyes, joyful watery stuff. It was so powerful and blissful.

Like you Smilla, I guess I left scientology because it was banal and trivial and limited in scope. I felt spiritually runted and that is not to say I did not have some wonderful "moments" in scientology - I did have some good things happen. But it all lacked authentic love and compassion. I could no longer live without love and compassion in my life. It felt like I was dying inside. I am beyond grateful I woke up.

I saw, without meaning to, the limitations of Hubbard's system. I felt it to the marrow of my bones and then some. I saw the agenda, without meaning to, and could no longer subscribe to such corrupt limiting aims. I saw the self-indulgent, and self-serving system, and could no longer honestly give anything of myself to support it. It appalled me. I could no longer participate in a system that claimed to offer "freedom" when the reality is it does the exact opposite.

The air is fresh without scientology in my life. My heart is full without scientology in my life. My mind is free without scientology constipating it.

I could write way more (actually I have) but will save you from my self-indulgent writings and simply say thank you Smilla - for reminding me of the joy of living life without scientology. For reminding me of the richness of life. :)