What's new

Unsuccess Stories

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
Have you ever been forced to write a success story when you didn't feel you succeeded? When you were disappointed or worse but didn't want to be "handled"? When you realized the only way out was to lie about your experience?

In this thread, you can write the success story you wanted to write, and feel free to say whatever you didn't like about the course/level, or that you didn't get anything from it, or whatever.

Please be specific -- name the service you took, how you felt about it, and what you would really like to say to someone else wanting to do the same thing.

I'll go first (in the next post).

Helena

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
After years of avoiding it, they finally made me take the Student Hat (or Stupid Hat, as I like to say). This course was totally worthless. Everything on it I knew already, or had been doing anyway.

As a student (in real schools, I always got high grades, so I certainly didn't need how to be taught "how to study".

And I don't give a damn if it's free with another major course. It wasn't even worth that much. I'm sorry I didn't lie when they asked me if I had done it.

I would have done much better just reading Barriers To Study and leaving it at that.

The Stupid Hat -- what a waste of time.

Helena

no HH

i was never forced to write a success story when i hadn't succeeded because i always got something out of things

but from the gitgo i disliked the having to write a success story or else

just to begin with this discredits all success stories

Gadfly

Crusader
I pretty much got something out of every aspect of Scientology that I did, but then that is the way I am with everything.

I tend to really "put myself into" whatever I am doing. I can find value and goodness anywhere, and in just about anything.

So, I never had a problem writing success stories. Though the whole way it was set up as required and mandatory seemed nutty to me.

Just like the constant presence of Hubbard in every org. I could understand how some people might like, admire and appreciate Hubbard, but the constant presence of Hubbard in EVERY ROOM was entirely ridiculous to me. That became even more ridiculous when I found out that there was an LRH Office in every org, and pictures of LRH everywhere because he had written policies that ORDERED such things.

Hubbard wrote about how, "the public stays away in droves if you are not pushing LRH". He wrote that "the public wants an LRH org". Of course, he just MADE ALL OF THAT UP, and acted as if his comments were the result of actual honest observations. Hubbard set it up so that his picture would be everywhere, and THAT seemed so nuts to me.

The same with the mandatory success story line. It always seemed to me that it was both a "protection" device, and an aspect of the mind control. As a protection device, no person can ever later claim that they didn't get what they paid for, because there are the signed and witnessed success stories! In terms of mind control, one is constantly being asked (forced) to attest and claim certainty for various abilities and states, and that greatly reinforces the delusion. All of these people are claiming states and abilities, in concert with each other, and this forms a sort of momentum where the IDEAS about the gains and abilities take seniority over any contradictory reality.

Plus, Hubbard said that a "false attest" places a person in a condition of Treason. There are various factors working here to mold the minds and behaviors of the followers.

It always seem strange to me that a person didn't go out and live life for awhile, and then after experiencing real evidence of gains or abilities, THEN come back and attest. But no, Hubbard set it up so that all of this resided inside the mind, and was entirely subjective. He blocked off the possibility of verification through observation and experience. Otherwise the success story line would have been different that it was/is.

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
What was that Rundown where you supposedly clear up all your MU's from every subject you ever studied? The auditor assesses a list of subjects an those that read are taken up with the question: "In the subject of ...... has there been a misunderstood word?"

While doing that rundown I thought there is no way I could ever recall every MU I ever had. How could I recall MU's I had that I didn't even know I had? Needless to say I didn't get much out of that Rundown. I always thought wouldn't it be better to collect all the textbooks I studied from Kindergarten all the way through college and re-study the ones I had difficulty in but now looking up any MU's along the way? I'm sure reading those grade school and high school textbooks or novels now would be a piece of cake and wouldn't take much time to sail through them. But back then I was lost in the subjects of History, English Literature and Religion. (Math and Sciences were a no brainer for me).

Gadfly

Crusader
What was that Rundown where you supposedly clear up all your MU's from every subject you ever studied? The auditor assesses a list of subjects an those that read are taken up with the question: "In the subject of ...... has there been a misunderstood word?"

While doing that rundown I thought there is no way I could ever recall every MU I ever had. How could I recall MU's I had that I didn't even know I had? Needless to say I didn't get much out of that Rundown. I always thought wouldn't it be better to collect all the textbooks I studied from Kindergarten all the way through college and re-study the ones I had difficulty in but now looking up any MU's along the way? I'm sure reading those grade school and high school textbooks or novels now would be a piece of cake and wouldn't take much time to sail through them. But back then I was lost in the subjects of History, English Literature and Religion. (Math and Sciences were a no brainer for me).

M1 Word Clearing?

M1, or M1 Word Clearing, one of the 9 methods of the endless word clearing used in Scientology. M1 is done on a Meter, and locates charge or upset on words chains by subject, taking each back in time (often to fabricated past lives). M1 supposedly makes the recipient "Superliterate", able to "fast flow" through course checksheets without doing demos or checkouts.

M1 List at Freezone Website

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
Here's another one:

The FPRD (False Purpose RunDown). What a waste of time. Nothing more than a sec check in a costume.

I suppose someone who's been a badass for many years (lifetimes?) could get a lot out of it. Having a chance to talk about what you did is good for the soul. But I've kept my hands relatively clean, and was able to truthfully answer no to most of the questions. (Which is not to say I haven't done some whoppers in the past.)

Some other action would have given me more bang for the buck. But this was at Flag during the era of everybody-gets-the-same-rundown and if was good enough for everyone else, it was damn well going to be good enough for me, too.

Because of being put on a rundown I didn't want, and because of not getting "cleaned up" (whatever that would have entailed) which is what I did want, and because of a few other reasons, I left there and never went back into a C of S again. They only have themselves to blame.

I wanted to get myself a T-shirt that said, "I went to Flag for some auditing and all I got was stupid FPRD".

Helena