What's new

We are not SP's

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
We are not SPs​

I notice that some ex-scinetologists call themselves SP’s and I understand why. When talking to each other I get it.

But if you were talking to Scilon, he gets the idea that, yes, you are saying that you are Supressive in general, but you like it and think it is OK.

Like you are saying “I am a murderer” or “I am Hitler.” So he thinks you are really crazy and you like it.

He certainly does not want to be or talk to an SP. By one of the many definitions “An SP is a person who does not want anyone to get spiritual gain.” I think most people here would want people to get spiritual gain, success or happiness etc, but we know that Scientology does not provide that.

I know it is just a term and we do not want to have to conform to Scilon terminology but when talking to them it may help to use their own language. They are very literal.

DM is an Sp DM is 1.1 or even LRH but certainly not us

I like the term Flagdown for the convention. It is specific for being anti-Flag, not anti help. But when people were calling it an “SP convention” I think that would make it less likely for a Scilon to watch even if he were considering getting out. He is still so wrapped up in Scientology that a term like that would definitely keep him from considering watching. I know I would never have looked at those videos until I was out for sure.

I do like the terms “The Truth Rundown” for those articles in the St Petersburg times. Scientologists like the idea of “Truth”, they think that they are all about “truth.” Scientologists think that they can evaluate truth. So a title like “Truth Rundown” can more likely suck them into watching. For a Scilon anything with the word "truth" in it is much easier to confront that the word "SP"

It is like we are saying “We know the truth” and they are saying, “No you don’t we know the truth”, it may get them engaged.

If we say “ We are SP’s” they say “Yes you are see you later, I am going back on course”

If there is a term in Scientology terms for “Someone who can easily observe the obvious” “Someone who can see what is really going on and operate on his own determinism” , “someone who wants to right the wrongs of Scientology” that would be a better term to communicate to a Scilon IMHO.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
We are not SPs​

I notice that some ex-scinetologists call themselves SP’s and I understand why. When talking to each other I get it.

But if you were talking to Scilon, he gets the idea that, yes, you are saying that you are Supressive in general, but you like it and think it is OK.

Like you are saying “I am a murderer” or “I am Hitler.” So he thinks you are really crazy and you like it.

He certainly does not want to be or talk to an SP. By one of the many definitions “An SP is a person who does not want anyone to get spiritual gain.” I think most people here would want people to get spiritual gain, success or happiness etc, but we know that Scientology does not provide that.

I know it is just a term and we do not want to have to conform to Scilon terminology but when talking to them it may help to use their own language. They are very literal.

I like the term Flagdown for the convention. It is specific for being anti-Flag, not anti help. But when people were calling it an “SP convention” I think that would make it less likely for a Scilon to watch even if he were considering getting out. He is still so wrapped up in Scientology that a term like that would definitely keep him from considering watching. I know I would never have looked at those videos until I was out for sure.

I do like the terms “The Truth Rundown” for those articles in the St Petersburg times. Scientologists like the idea of “Truth”, they think that they are all about “truth.” Scientologists think that they can evaluate truth. So a title like “Truth Rundown” can more likely suck them into watching. For a Scilon anything with the word "truth" in it is much easier to confront that the word "SP"

It is like we are saying “We know the truth” and they are saying, “No you don’t we know the truth”, it may get them engaged.

If we say “ We are SP’s” they say “Yes you are see you later, I am going back on course”

If there is a term in Scientology terms for “Someone who can easily observe the obvious” “Someone who can see what is really going on and operate on his own determinism” , “someone who wants to right the wrongs of Scientology” that would be a better term to communicate to a Scilon IMHO.

I think that critical exes are taking back the words that were either invented or redefined by Hubbard and that they're saying, listen, I'll decide what I am. I'm not accepting your label. If being out of CofS, if publicly leaving, if speaking out is suppressive, then count me in. Sort of like that song, "If loving you is wrong, I don't want to be right."

And we're also making fun of Scn.

But, yes, exes and critics are not sociopaths. They aren't suppressive in the sense of the original definition. They help each other. If I want to see a real suppressive, all I need to do is go down to the local org and see if I can spot the DSA there or see a video of DM.

Miss Pert

Silver Meritorious Patron
By saying we are SPs proves that we aren't. I recall that somewhere in the "tech" it says a true SP would never admit to being a SP. :coolwink:

billyd

Patron with Honors
We are not SPs​

Oh my god. i have had this M.U. For years . I thought SP meant super Pirate.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Suppressive being is just words invented by LRH to categorized
people he didn't like anymore, percived as a threat to him as a liar
or a threat to his religious scam harming people.

I never in my life, heard any one out of $camology using this expression to label someone very much harmfull toward others.

I have no problem to be called an sp - an sp is someone who is not complying to the scriptures or doctrine, antagonist, to the or speak against $cientology or it's leader.
Fine with me!

The problem IMHO I find curious is a person who left CO$ for it's abuses , make it known and therefore is an SP

and called SP's, others who did so and speak their mind :duh:
Cognitive dissonance ?????
:confused2:

Last edited: