What's new

You will die laughing....Gawker has done it again!!

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Originally Posted by SweetnessandLight

thank all that's good and holy that you guys are outta that madness..

I just noticed that one of the points of my Leaving Routing Form was not signed off.

I hate to have a withhold.

Should I go back?

Please advise.

byte301

Crusader
Jesus-1.jpg

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
One thing that 'intriques' me with that video (in the OP).. The obvious joy and appreciation of Space Technology and NASA..

Do scientologists ever wonder about the quality and accomplishments of that 'organization' and their own?

NASA is a 'WOG' organization. NASA represents the utmost brilliance in human capability.. Incredibly complicated technology that requires attention to every minute detail..

All done without any 'breakthrough' Hubbard admin tech.. No PTS tech..

Do scientologists really imagine that 'scientologists' will ever manage to pull something like that off?

:duh:

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
Desperate:

des·per·ate   [des-per-it, -prit] Show IPA
–adjective
reckless or dangerous because of despair or urgency: a desperate killer.

LRH, DM, OSA

having an urgent need, desire, etc.: desperate for attention.

LRH, DM, TD, TC, KA
leaving little or no hope; very serious or dangerous: a desperate illness.

LRH, DM, OSA

extremely bad; intolerable or shocking: clothes in desperate taste.

TC (In Scn Vid), Fatso KA (giving the finger)

extreme or excessive.

LRH, DM, Scn

making a final, ultimate effort; giving all: a desperate attempt to save a life.

The whole of the Cult.

actuated by a feeling of hopelessness.

Fairgame

having no hope; giving in to despair.

Coming soon to a cult near you.

HelluvaHoax!

One thing that 'intriques' me with that video (in the OP).. The obvious joy and appreciation of Space Technology and NASA..Do scientologists ever wonder about the quality and ccomplishments of that 'organization' and their own?NASA is a 'WOG' organization. NASA represents the utmost brilliance in human capability.. Incredibly complicated technology that requires attention to every minute detail..All done without any 'breakthrough' Hubbard admin tech.. No PTS tech.. Do scientologists really imagine that 'scientologists' will ever manage to pull something like that off?
:duh:

Actually, I have to disagree with you. In a side-by-side comparison, Scientology easily beats NASA in the Technical Achievements department.

Similarities:
In the late 1960's NASA successfully launched a mission aboard the Apollo 11, to explore the universe.

In the late 1960's RON successfully launched a mission aboard the Apollo Flagship, to explore the universe.

Differences:
When the astronauts aboard Apollo 11 arrived, they simply landed on the moon, disappointing everyone by not making contact with intelligent life. As a weak substitute, they merely walked on the lunar surface, taking one small step for a man. But, Ron made a giant bridge for all of mankind as he walked thru the Wall of Fire, not only contacting intelligent life but freeing the entire universe of trillions of bad aliens.

Scientific Conclusion:
So, all you skeptics and cynics--admit who's got the superior tech now--cuz NASA ain't got shit on the Commodore after the wicked beatdown he put on Xenu.

Last edited:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
...most of which required calculus. :thumbsup:
Ideed..

I'll just post this bit of 'Sacred Scripture' as a help for Scientologists applying for a job with NASA.. Just learn it verbatim and rattle it off at the job interview!
L. Ron Hubbard on Calculus, RAM soundfile (642kb). Excerpted from Philadelphia Doctorate Course, Tape #58

"Rate of change is this mathematics known as Calculus. Calculus, it's a very interesting thing, is divided into two classes -- there's Differential Calculus and Integral Calculus. The Differential Calculus is in the first part of the textbook on Calculus, and Integral Calculus is in the second part of the textbook on Calculus. As you look through the book, you'll find in the early part of the book on Calculus, "dx" over "dy", a little "dx", and a little "dy" -- and one's above the other on a line -- predominates in the front part of the book, but as you get to the end of the book you find these "dx" and "dy"s preceded by a summation sign, or are equating to a summation sign, and the presence of this shows that we are in the field of Integral Calculus.

Now I hope you understand this, because I've never been able to make head nor tail of it. It must be some sort of a Black Magic operation, started out by the Luce cult -- some immoral people who are operating up in New York City, Rockefeller Plaza -- been thoroughly condemned by the whole society. Anyway, their rate-of-change theory -- I've never seen any use for that mathematics, by the way -- I love that mathematics, because it -- I asked an engineer, one time, who was in his 6th year of engineering, if he'd ever used Calculus, and he told me yeah, once, once I did, he said. When did you use it? And he said I used it once. Let me see, what did you use it on? Oh yeah. Something on the rate-of-change of steam particles in boilers. And then we went out and tested it and found the answer was wrong.

Calculus -- if you want to know -- there is room there for a mathematics which is a good mathematics. And it would be the rate of co-change, or the rate of change when something else was changing, so that you could establish existing rates of change in relationship to each other, and for lack of that mathematics, nobody has been able to understand present time -- you just can't sum it up easily -- or let us say, for lack of an understanding of what present time was, nobody could formulate that mathematics. So, actually there's a big hole there that could be filled -- a thing called calculus is trying to fill that hole, right now, and it can't.

But the rates of change -- it comes closest to it. I think it was one of Newton's practical jokes. Here we have Calculus, and it's trying to measure a rate of change. Well, if we had something that was really workable and simple, it would be formed on this basis. The present time, and gradients of time were gradients of havingness, and as one havingness changed, you could establish a constancy of change for other related havingnesses. But because the basic unit of the universe is two, you would have to have a rate of change known and measured for every rate of change then estimated. The mathematics won't operate in this universe unless it has simultaneous equations. If you have two variables, you must have two equations with which to solve those two variables. In other words you have to compare one to the other simultaneously. Otherwise you just get another variable. Of course, people laughingly do this. They take an equation with two variables, and then they solve it. And then you say "What have you got?" And the fellow says "K". And you say now just a minute -- you got "K", huh? Well, what is "K"? Well "K", we have established arbitrarily as being -- well, say, why did you work the equation out in the first place? You had "K", didn't you?"

Actually, I have to disagree with you. In a side-by-side comparison, Scientology easily beats NASA in the Technical Achievements department. <snip>
Mewhahrr! Seems like I've been pwned! - I hate it when this happens!

:D :duh:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." (Albert Einstein)

Now since this is Albert Einstein we can't be sure he's joking.. But this sounds better than Hubbards explanations doesn't it?

:wiggle:

HelluvaHoax!

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." (Albert Einstein)

Now since this is Albert Einstein we can't be sure he's joking.. But this sounds better than Hubbards explanations doesn't it?

Again, Ron's explanation has more practical application, so i have to stick with the Buddha once again. Sorry, but eventually you will learn to trust Souce in your heart without the self-destructive compulsion to doubt.

"The only reason for time is to delineate a Before and an After--so that money may be counted after 2 O'Clock on Thursday." (Ron Hubbard)

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Corollaries...

Space exists so that everything does not happen in one place.:nervous:

You exist so that everything does not happen just to me! :p

EP

NeverMe

Patron
Do you really think this was a real scientology video?

Does everybody think this was a real scientology video or something totally ridiculous somebody slapped together to make scientology look MORE laughable than they already do?

Either way, it is rather funny. IF it is real, it looks VERY desperate on the part of scientology, I think.

Bullwinkle

Patron with Honors
Space exists so that everything does not happen in one place.:nervous:

You exist so that everything does not happen just to me! :p

EP

:roflmao:

I really didn't think it was going to get better after the Einstein quote, but this is just too rich.

Another series of ESMB aphorisms suitable for a cross-stitch sampler.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Does everybody think this was a real scientology video or something totally ridiculous somebody slapped together to make scientology look MORE laughable than they already do? <snip>
Well, now you mention it..

OTOH, if it's real, OSA will claim it's those 'orrible and abominable Anonymous did it..

:melodramatic:

dontscamme

Patron Meritorious
It has been nearly four decades since I took Calculus in college, but I am very confident that it is a solid, logical, and highly useful discipline.

This is the first time I had seen LRH's little dissertation on Calculus, and it is an appalling example of ignorance IMO. Had I heard this while I was in the CoS, it would have had alarm bells loudly ringing in my head.