What's new

Martin Bentley ? - 2011

I have just been told that Martin Bentley has died, apparently he was in a nursing home somewhere on the Gold Coast in QLD.

The information I have is that Debbie Champion from the Sydney AO contacted his ex-wife to tell her.

I sort of thought that was a bit strange since Martin left her after joining the sea org and taking up with another sea org member before being rpfed...

Does anyone know any details?

Last edited:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Another one bites the dust!!!!

RIP, Martin :rose:

I have many fond memories of him over the years we crossed paths in the cult.:yes:

He deserved better than to be abandoned to a nursing home for his final years.:angry:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One

Martin Bentley was abandoned by the CofS long before he ever got to the nursing home.

The CofS simply abandoned Martin, a man who gave his life in service to scientology, once he was considered to be of no further value to them.

A kind-hearted and caring Ex-scn'ist found Martin wandering the streets; homeless, bedraggled, ill with dementia and suffering from malnutrition. That person took Martin in and helped him regain some semblance of health and normalcy and finally helped him get situated in the Nursing Home.

That particular Ex-scientologist did what the CofS should have done.

RIP, Martin.

Martin Bentley was abandoned by the CofS long before he ever got to the nursing home.

The CofS simply abandoned Martin, a man who gave his life in service to scientology, once he was considered to be of no further value to them.

A kind-hearted and caring Ex-scn'ist found Martin wandering the streets; homeless, bedraggled, ill with dementia and suffering from malnutrition. That person took Martin in and helped him regain some semblance of health and normalcy and finally helped him get situated in the Nursing Home.

RIP, Martin.

:omg: How did Martin ever get into that state?

This cult has a lot to answer for...:angry:

I wonder what their motive is in contacting Renee? :confused2:
RIP Martin :rose:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One

:omg: How did Martin ever get into that state?
It's a long story and I don't know all the details, my friend does and may tell all someday soon. I'll ask.

It's a typical scientology story in one aspect; a long-serving Staff and SO Member, Class IX Auditor, Class VII (Power Auditor), Highly Trained C/S etc etc gets steam-rolled because of disagreements with GAT corruption of the Tech... you know the story.

This cult has a lot to answer for...:angry:
It certainly does, let's keep asking the questions and pointing to the crimes.

I wonder what their motive is in contacting Renee? :confused2:
Hmmm... lemme think, Life Insurance?

RIP Martin :rose:
Yes, he was a wonderful individual. Most who knew him will remember him fondly.

TG1

Angelic Poster

I don't like the title of this thread. It's disrespectful of someone who has died.

TG1

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

R.I.P. Martin.

That is a terribly sad and unnecessary thing to happen. I liked Martin and he was polite even when he wasn't being nice to me. I've changed the original comment I made as I thought about it again and the harm he did me did not originate with him, he was such a gentleman I know he didn't like what what he was told to do. My earlier experiences with him were of a caring and kind bloke. In fact the thought of him wandering the streets like that makes me cry ... he had an elegance... the picture is too sad.

He did indeed give his life to scientology, and for what?

Last edited:

[/QUOTE]

:hysterical: I actually wondered if there was a "freeloaders bill" that they may try to see if she would be willing to contribute to?????

I have mixed feelings.... he was very cruel to Renee when he left her for Julia... I read the letters he wrote her, she was crushed at the time :angry: the cult's work at it's finest once again....

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One

I don't like the title of this thread. It's disrespectful of someone who has died.

TG1
Yes, I agree. I think it would be best to change it to include Martin's name, that would be more appropriate and ensure that his many friends see the news.

Phoenix, you can edit the thread title, if you so choose.

It's a long story and I don't know all the details, my friend does and may tell all someday soon. I'll ask.

It's a typical scientology story in one aspect; a long-serving Staff and SO Member, Class IX Auditor, Class VII (Power Auditor), Highly Trained C/S etc etc gets steam-rolled because of disagreements with GAT corruption of the Tech... you know the story.

It certainly does, let's keep asking the questions and pointing to the crimes.

Yes, I agree. I think it would be best to change it to include Martin's name, that would be more appropriate and ensure that his many friends see the news.

Phoenix, you can edit the thread title, if you so choose.

I can and will, but you will have to tell me how to do it please....

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One

Thanks. I think you just go to the original post and hit edit and change the title, we used to have a separate "thread tools" for the originator of the thread, I'm not sure if it's still there. That's as much as I know. Hopefully, DullOldFart or Emma will appear and tell us the correct way to do it. :)

RogerB

Crusader

To change the Title of your thread, what I've found is you need to go into "edit" then go into "Advanced Edit" it's in advanced edit that you are able to change the header.

Rog

Thanks. I think you just go to the original post and hit edit and change the title, we used to have a separate "thread tools" for the originator of the thread, I'm not sure if it's still there. That's as much as I know. Hopefully, DullOldFart or Emma will appear and tell us the correct way to do it. :)

Found it.... :) sorry if I offended anyone :-(

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
RIP Martin Bentley.

RIP, Martin.

Your friend sounds wonderful, please pass on a message that what was done (to assist Martin) was very precious and appreciated by some here at ESMB, it is very upsetting to think of him wandering alone like that.

:no:

Sleep well now Martin, because you certainly deserve to.

:rose::rose::rose:

RogerB

Crusader
I read this thread first up this morning, and as I read through the comments I got angrier and angrier, not at what was being posted but at the sheer destructiveness of the cult and its destruction and abandonment of good people.

I held off posting on this till now, mainly to compose myself and my thoughts.

I knew Martin, and a nicer person you could not meet. And to hear of how and why he ended up the way he did, just makes me angry!

This cult is going DOWN! It has to be stopped! In memory of Martin and the many other fine folks destroyed and abandoned by it.

RogerB

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I read this thread first up this morning, and as I read through the comments I got angrier and angrier, not at what was being posted but at the sheer destructiveness of the cult and its destruction and abandonment of good people.

I held off posting on this till now, mainly to compose myself and my thoughts.

I knew Martin, and a nicer person you could not meet. And to hear of how and why he ended up the way he did, just makes me angry!

This cult is going DOWN! It has to be stopped! In memory of Martin and the many other fine folks destroyed and abandoned by it.

RogerB

You and I may not agree on much Roger but I am 100% with you on this ... I am devastated to hear how he ended up.

I never actually met him but saw him in the org a coupla times. He was very very well liked by people judging by the way people spoke about him.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Martin Bentley

RIP, Martin.

Cults just following Rons vampire attitude. F_in Shocking.

Just wrong.

was he any relation to Scns doctor Bentley in Bondi?

Feral

Rogue male
I knew Martin well. In fact I did contact him when I got out in 2008. He'd been caught in a Nigerian scam and was confused and abrupt, I found out later that he soon became homeless and all that was the precursor to the dementia that was setting in.

I heard that he was asked to leave the CofS Brisbane at one time as per their models he was type 3. Martin had done the old OT levels and the new bridge up to OTV, so of course the org staff thought he was insane and didn't even think that he might have dementia or get him appropriate treatment.

Scientology just isn't a game that ends well for anyone.