What's new

Giving the Devil his due...

whoisxenu

Patron with Honors
The new Tom Cruise movie looks really good from the trailers. I'm looking forward to seeing it, maybe even in a theater. It actually looks like he's taking a turn back to acting instead of playing the taciturn heros of MI, the Reacher series and his sci-fi stuff. It looks like he's having some fun and the movie is not SUPERSERIOUS all the time. Also, I notice he's allowing himself to be photographed from his profile where his nose is quite prominent. I think maybe he's looking to become more of an actor instead of a $ grubber. (Well, with Scientlology, he'll always be a moneygruber lol).

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
I liked the movie "Top Gun".
A fellow engineer, and personal friend, gave the DVD to me as a christmas present many years ago (and he knew nothing about Scientology at all).

renegade

Silver Meritorious Patron
I have enjoyed some of his earlier movies.

Talking to a friend, he said problem is he's always playing "Tom Cruise."

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
IMO, he is at his best when he is in an action/adventure movie.
For example, I was not impressed with his performance in "Rain Man".

TexasLurker

Patron
I used to be a big fan years ago, and I also believe he is a good actor. However, I can't take him seriously at all anymore (I know too much!), plus he keeps doing stupid looking action movies, which is not what he's best at.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I know it's prejudice, but I can't watch Cruise movies. I detest him and every word that comes out of his mouth. I can't help but view him through the lens of the video (above). Such an arrogant blowhard.

Even as Les Grossman?

3cab5bcd1adffe37652ced349473a458d8c333f67b627bddd1c135f176bc8f05.jpg

That, my friend is Tom Cruise being as obnoxious as you could ever wish in the flick "Tropic Thunder" Edit - Didn't DM do the same - have another hit Debby for him? I liked the movie BTW, and his over the top rendition of a crazed movie exec is fun - even the dance moves.

Last edited: