What's new

Author Robin Gaby Fisher working on a book about a woman’s struggle with Scientology

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Author Robin Gaby Fisher working on a book about a woman’s struggle with the Church of Scientology.

The Vermont Standard: Woodstock Author Captures Tragedies In Bestsellers

http://www.thevermontstandard.com/2016/04/woodstock-author-captures-tragedies-in-bestsellers/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Woodstock Author Captures Tragedies In Bestsellers

By Virginia Dean, Standard Correspondent

Part-time local resident Robin Gaby Fisher has been a working journalist for over 30 years. From the slow painful healing process of two young male students critically burned in a dormitory fire to the mass shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newton, Connecticut, Fisher has captured some of America’s worst tragedies in the 20th and 21st centuries.

A two-time Pulitzer Prize finalist for feature writing and the New York Times bestselling author of three books, “After the Fire: A True Story of Friendship and Survival,” “The Boys of the Dark: A Story of Betrayal and Redemption in the Deep South” and “The Woman Who Wasn’t There,” Fisher’s narrative journalism conveys a deep respect and compassion for those involved.

In fact, Fisher even writes about those who fabricate their involvement in such tragedies.

Teaming up with filmmaker Angelo J. Guglielmo Jr., for example, Fisher tells the story of Tania Head who lived a lie for years as she pretended to be a survivor of the World Trade Center attacks who lost her husband in the same attack and founded and led the World Trade Center Survivors’ Network until she was eventually exposed as a fraud.

“The story is one of the most audacious and bewildering quests for acclaim in recent memory, one that poses fascinating questions about the essence of morality and the human need for connection at any cost,” according to the GoodReads website.

Currently the director of the Journalism Program at Rutgers University’s Newark campus, Fisher is working on a book for Penguin/Putnam about a woman’s struggle with the Church of Scientology. It will be released next spring.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Author Robin Gaby Fisher working on a book about a woman’s struggle with Scientol

Scientology exploits that "human need for connections" and takes advantage of every aspect of it.

Scientology is a precise science of exploiting human vulnerabilities.

The damage that does to people is difficult to heal - and for some, healing never takes place because they don't know where to go or how to help themselves.

Education helps. Find out everything you can about L Ron (the con) Hubbard and his mind control tactics.

I was sent the "Getting Clear" conference videos that were done in Toronto Canada last year. I must say - it is outstanding.

I highly recommend at some point - listen to the speakers.

I never knew Ole El Con Hubbturd did not write "Science of Survival".

I never knew Ole El Con drank and popped pills as much as he did.

There is a ton of data that will help.

Glenda

Crusader
Re: Author Robin Gaby Fisher working on a book about a woman’s struggle with Scientol

Scientology exploits that "human need for connections" and takes advantage of every aspect of it.

Scientology is a precise science of exploiting human vulnerabilities.

The damage that does to people is difficult to heal - and for some, healing never takes place because they don't know where to go or how to help themselves.

Education helps. Find out everything you can about L Ron (the con) Hubbard and his mind control tactics.

I was sent the "Getting Clear" conference videos that were done in Toronto Canada last year. I must say - it is outstanding.

I highly recommend at some point - listen to the speakers.

I never knew Ole El Con Hubbturd did not write "Science of Survival".

I never knew Ole El Con drank and popped pills as much as he did.

There is a ton of data that will help.

My bold, first 2x paragraphs.

Indeed! Connection and belonging are concepts/desires deep-wired into humans. Scientology perverts and distorts these. It is deeply damaging. The more I heal - and the more time that passes - the more insight I gain into how damaging the scientology system is.

Educating self about how Hubbard set it up, how messed up he really was, has been vital to healing. But probably more important has been learning about myself, my vulnerabilities, strengths, etc., without using any scientology framework to make those discoveries. I cannot gloss up how tough that has been - to shed deeply installed mind-control conditioning and face self without anything to cling to has been challenging. I stood alone, without any external belief system to grab onto for comfort or provide delusional guidance. Pure vulnerability. There's no accolades, no "success stories", no false benchmarks to rest upon.

True connection to self, to life, is possible without all the scientology filters (mind control) automatically kicking in. It takes hard work, true commitment and a tonne of love.

Free Being Me

Crusader

My bold, first 2x paragraphs.

Indeed! Connection and belonging are concepts/desires deep-wired into humans. Scientology perverts and distorts these. It is deeply damaging. The more I heal - and the more time that passes - the more insight I gain into how damaging the scientology system is.

Educating self about how Hubbard set it up, how messed up he really was, has been vital to healing. But probably more important has been learning about myself, my vulnerabilities, strengths, etc., without using any scientology framework to make those discoveries. I cannot gloss up how tough that has been - to shed deeply installed mind-control conditioning and face self without anything to cling to has been challenging. I stood alone, without any external belief system to grab onto for comfort or provide delusional guidance. Pure vulnerability. There's no accolades, no "success stories", no false benchmarks to rest upon.

True connection to self, to life, is possible without all the scientology filters (mind control) automatically kicking in. It takes hard work, true commitment and a tonne of love.
Your post deserves a Golden Quote for insightful onion peeling. Hell yeah authenticity (and self honesty). I found out the hard way believing in Elcon's cultiness is a house of cards ready for a cold wind to bring it all down. And what a wind it was, I lost everything. I literally had to start from zero mentally, emotionally, and financially. In hindsight as hard as that was, it was a blessing in disguise because that's what started all the cult programming to unravel. It took hitting rock bottom but you have to start somewhere.

What a humbling experience it is discovering Elcon's mind fuck tinker toy scales, triangles, books, tehk, et al are completely useless. That's what got me in that mess so it's time to start thinking for myself instead of doing the cult-think delusional shuffle. It was not easy at all due to the degree of cognitive/emotional rewiring instilled by $cientology layered with my own self-serving beliefs holding the inner mind control together.

I think self-deprogramming from a cult is probably one of the hardest things a person can accomplish, like kicking a heroin addiction. You don't who to turn to, who to trust, who will understand. You can reach out but in the end it's up to you to do the hard work of rediscovering yourself while jettisoning Elcon's circular dead ends trying to figure out which is which, you or Elcon.

:)