What's new

Debbie Cook Gets Another One Out: Gerlinde Mantey

OperatingSP

Patron with Honors
Gerlinde Mantey posted her Declaration of Independence on Marty's blog:

Gerlinde Mantey Declares Independence
http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/07/18/gerlinde-mantey-declares-independence/

I note two statements of interest. First, in describing her training, Mantey states:
1988 I became a staff member in a Cl. V Org, Flag trained Cl. IV Auditor (Intern sup Debbie Cook),Qual Sec, KTL/LOC training at ITO (during the KTL evolution I helped the lead C/S ITO in c/sing the teams of the planet for some weeks) and delivering these courses in the Cl. V Org.
Next, as to why she got out:
My FSM wanted me to move up the bridge and I had no feeling to do so – not with all the arbitraries that were thrown in. Then I got Debbie’s email and started to confront the truth. It was like a trip through hell. My whole existence got in real danger, for a short while I wasn’t able to move the body anymore when I realized the crimes of David Miscavige. But the way out is the way through.
Some may bitch about Mantey being an "Independent" and that she is not really "out." Point taken. My points are that: (1) Mantey is out of the corporate Church of Scientology; and (2) perhaps most importantly, this is clearly a case where Debbie's relationship with a person and e-mail had a direct causative impact.

I think Debbie should take the win.

One wonders how many more people received Debbie's e-mail and just need one more bad experience, one more bit of data, one more nudge.

Ho Tai

Patron Meritorious
Or, in the words of one dear to me, one more item that fills the bucket. My bucket filled several years ago, but if I had still been in at the recent New Year, Debbie Cook's email would have massively overflowed any and all buckets I would have had. Go Mantey!

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Gerlinde's a lovely person and I'm very pleased to see her out of the Co$.

I trained with her at FSO back in the late '80s.

Wondering just how many more of those folks have read Debbie's email and started to question?

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is GREAT NEWS!! Hip Hip Hooray!!

How about a new song - sung to the tune of "Another one bites the dust"

Okay Pete - I am turning the "song lyric" hat over to you!

I will start it - you finish!!

"Another one leaves the cult" "and another one gone...and another one gone...ANOTHER ONE LEAVES THE CULT!" :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is GREAT NEWS!! Hip Hip Hooray!!

How about a new song - sung to the tune of "Another one bites the dust"

Okay Pete - I am turning the "song lyric" hat over to you!

I will start it - you finish!!

"Another one leaves the cult" "and another one gone...and another one gone...ANOTHER ONE LEAVES THE CULT!" :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

I appreciate the thought on the one hand, but, on the other hand, it is, in a way, sloppy seconds. Wierd Al did "Another One Rides the Bus" to that tune. Will have to look at it some more, should be a dooable. Meanwhile, the one that I have been contemplating of late is "Leader of the Cult" tune of "Leader of the Pack" which was current around 1965. I tried that one before, it didn't work, but was considering another angle now that Katie split from Tom.

Pete

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
And for you "Country Western" lovers, how about:

A song to the tune of ACHY BREAKY HEART -

Achy BREAKY "BANK"!:clap: