What's new

Find out that you are.

Ed Brewer was one of the most colorful individuals I knew in the SO. He was a short stocky Scot, from Canada, proud of his Scottish Linage. I don’t recall what he did at Flag. I believe he was in the ER. In PAC, he was Engineer of the Hotel. He was fast friends with Capt Bill. When Bill would come to LA, we would go bike riding. Ed had a chopped Sportser and Bill a top of the line BMW. Ed was, I believe, one of the first, if not the first OT-III, 'experimental' OT-III he called it. He was smart, tough and capable. He liked drama. Ed always referred to Hubbard as “the old man and put forth a kind of respect for him like he would die to protect him.

Ed was cocky and got pleasure defying most who tried to control him, like Flag Reps, LRH Coms. I frequently wondered if he was an RCMP plant, with the best possible cover (i.e., he acted like trouble). In any event, I was taken with his line of bull shit. Ed’s brother, Bill, was also tough, and big and tall. He had been kicked out of the SO, not ‘expelled,’ because, while at Flag he had tried to smuggle diamonds from Africa to South America. This may have had something to do with Ed’s removal from Flag.

One weekend, Bill drives down from Canada in his new big Buick. Ed gets a bunch of us together to go to a British Pub in Santa Monica to drink stout and toast whatever in English and Scot accents. There were six of us. Ken Huston and Harry Hopwood and two more whose’ names will not come to mind. On the way back to the Hotel Org (Manor) we decide to stop at Denny’s on Western. Bill wants to keep his new car nick free, so we park a way out. Ken stays in the car, asleep.

Breakfast finished, we walk toward the car. As we get near, a large young man, larger than any of us, jumps out of a car, chrome plated Saturday night special in hand and yells, “Alright, you mother F__kers!” This is the only time, in or out of Scientology I have ever felt like I was outside of my body (though I wished I could have gotten out during 'book and bottle'). The guy was nuts on some kind of drug. It was unclear if he was out to kill, rob or curse us to death. Everyone but Ed froze (Well, I was moving ever so slowly backwards). Ed kept walking to the car. Two male voices from the car start directing the kid. The tell him to 'make a believer out of' Ed. He walks up to Ed and sticks the gun in his face while I inch backward to Denny’s. Ignoring the guy, Ed had reached into his pocket for the car keys. He stops and looks the kid in the eyes, then up and down. Then he turns away and put the key in the door. A voice from the other car tells the kid to shoot Ed in the leg. Bang! Bill (yes Bill) screams, runs at the guy, a third again his size. One hand goes on the gun, the other on the kid’s throat. He runs right over him. The other car takes off.

The five of us subdue the guy, with Ed putting him in a choke hold. Bill attempts to end the kid’s life, but the gun jams. Once things calm down, Ed say, “Bill can you take this guy, I think I'm shot. In fact, there was a bullet benignly lodged beneath Ed’s knee cap. A second bullet went through a rear door of the car and was laying next the sleeping Ken.

The next day, the Hotel Gardian put us in treason for pulling in a flap.

Last edited:

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
A night of fun that ended badly. No, not getting shot, being put in a condition of treason. Great story and welcome.

JBTrendy

Patron with Honors
ED-Experimental OT3 by Jackie

Ed Brewer was, one of the most colorful individuals I knew in the SO. He was a short stocky Scot, from Canada, proud of his Scottish Linage. I don’t recall what he did at Flag. I believe he was in the ER. In PAC, he was Engineer of the Hotel. He was fast friends with Capt Bill. When Bill would come to LA, we would go bike riding. Ed had a chopped Sportser and Bill a top of the line BMW. Ed was, I believe, one of the first, if not the first OT-III, 'experimental' OT-III he called it. He was smart, tough and capable. He liked drama. Ed always referred to Hubbard as “the old man and put forth a kind of respect for him like he would die to protect him.

Ed was cocky and got pleasure defying most who tried to control him, like Flag Reps, LRH Coms. I frequently wondered if he was an RCMP plant, with the best possible cover (i.e., he acted like trouble). In any event, I was taken with his line of bull shit. Ed’s brother, Bill, was also tough, and big and tall. He had been kicked out of the SO, not ‘expelled,’ because, while at Flag he had tried to smuggle diamonds from Africa to South America. This may have had something to do with Ed’s removal from Flag.

One weekend, Bill drives down from Canada in his new big Buick. Ed gets a bunch of us together to go to a British Pub in Santa Monica to drink stout and toast whatever in English and Scot accents. There were six of us. Ken Huston and Harry Hopwood and two more whose’ names will not come to mind. On the way back to the Hotel Org (Manor) we decide to stop at Denny’s on Western. Bill wants to keep his new car nick free, so we park a way out. Ken stays in the car, asleep.

Breakfast finished, we walk toward the car. As we get near, a large young man, larger than any of us, jumps out of a car, chrome plated Saturday night special in hand and yells, “Alright, you mother F__kers!” This is the only time, in or out of Scientology I have ever felt like I was outside of my body (though I wished I could have gotten out during book and bottle). The guy was nuts on some kind of drug. It was unclear if he was out to kill, rob or curse us to death. Everyone but Ed froze (Well, I was moving ever so slowly backwards). Ed kept walking to the car. Two male voices from the car start directing the kid. The tell him to make a believer out of Ed. He walks up to Ed and sticks the gun in his face while I inch backward to Denny’s. Ignoring the guy, Ed had reached into his pocket for the car keys. He stops and looks the kid in the eyes, then up and down. Then he turns away and put the key in the door. A voice from the other car tells the kid to shoot Ed in the leg. Bang! Bill (yes Bill) screams, runs at the guy, a third again his size. One hand goes on the gun, the other on the kid’s throat. He runs right over him. The other car takes off.

The five of us subdue the guy, with Ed putting him in a choke hold. Bill attempts to end the kid’s life, but the gun jams. Once things calm down, Ed say, “Bill can you take this guy, I think I'm shot. In fact, there was a bullet benignly lodged beneath Ed’s knee cap. A second bullet went through a rear door of the car and was laying next the sleeping Ken.

The next day, the Hotel Gardian put us in treason for pulling in a flap.

Hi Jackie, From the title of the thread I thought we would talk about treason but the way you bring it about was pretty unexpected and joyfull to read.

Thanks mate for bringing us to memory of such tremendous story.

It's here 6:51 in Paris France and getting back from wonderfull night you give me the whole lot full of crazy and high calliber adventures that remind me of my own scottish ancester Lockhart...

There's U2 playing live on channel4 here and this is a glorious time to meet anew.

ALL2U and warm welcome on the board of the free and the braves.

jbtrendy

:coolwink::coolwink::coolwink:

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Too bad the kid shot him. You never know what you are going to do when someone pulls on gun on you until it happens. Some people panic. Some stay dead calm. I'm not really sure it matters. Ed's lucky to be alive.

Wonder what happened to that kid?

Personally, I think it would be good to remain calm inside, but to put on a show of obsequious fear, simply because that is what is desired, and you're not the one with the gun. Anything to buy time. However, it sounds like this kid was on some sort of initiation, since the guys in the car were encouraging him to shoot, and it doesn't seem like the kid wanted money, just looking to shoot someone.

As for the condition assignment, it seems wrong. Probably should have been reported to the police, while Ed got hospital care. Justice actions taken against the victims of a crime seem stupid to me. However, if a condition were to be assigned, I would think danger would have been the correct assignment. Not sure what policy I would have changed, or whether writing o/w would have helped anything, but I don't see where anybody betrayed any trust of the group, either.

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
I got held up at gun-point in Hollywood too while on staff and I too was put in lowers. The reason? I snuck out of post at 11:30 before finishing my letter quota to make it to a midnight movie.

I came to realize it was my own fault - I pulled it in because of my own overt.

I made up the damage by writing 50 EXTRA letters.

What bullshit! :carryon:

Mystic

Crusader
That idiot "ethics formula", 'Find out that you are", is a nice, standard tricky-dicky Hubbard-thing twist. You already ARE! So doing the formula is but another twist away from Natural Law.

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
Pirate_Skeleton_Arrr.jpg

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I got held up at gun-point in Hollywood too while on staff and I too was put in lowers. The reason? I snuck out of post at 11:30 before finishing my letter quota to make it to a midnight movie.

I don't see what the problem was. After all, you gave up your money voluntarily, so, you weren't really robbed. The gunman didn't push your hand to your wallet did he? He just gave you a choice :)

Zinj

Hi Jackie, From the title of the thread I thought we would talk about treason but the way you bring it about was pretty unexpected and joyfull to read.

Thanks mate for bringing us to memory of such tremendous story.

It's here 6:51 in Paris France and getting back from wonderfull night you give me the whole lot full of crazy and high calliber adventures that remind me of my own scottish ancester Lockhart...

There's U2 playing live on channel4 here and this is a glorious time to meet anew.

ALL2U and warm welcome on the board of the free and the braves.

jbtrendy

:coolwink::coolwink::coolwink:

Glad you enjoyed it. There are a couple more half way decent Ed stories for later.

Too bad the kid shot him. You never know what you are going to do when someone pulls on gun on you until it happens. Some people panic. Some stay dead calm. I'm not really sure it matters. Ed's lucky to be alive.

Wonder what happened to that kid?

He was going to get six months, but swore at the judge and got 6 years.

Personally, I think it would be good to remain calm inside, but to put on a show of obsequious fear, simply because that is what is desired, and you're not the one with the gun. Anything to buy time. However, it sounds like this kid was on some sort of initiation, since the guys in the car were encouraging him to shoot, and it doesn't seem like the kid wanted money, just looking to shoot someone.

As for the condition assignment, it seems wrong. Probably should have been reported to the police, while Ed got hospital care. Justice actions taken against the victims of a crime seem stupid to me. However, if a condition were to be assigned, I would think danger would have been the correct assignment. Not sure what policy I would have changed, or whether writing o/w would have helped anything, but I don't see where anybody betrayed any trust of the group, either.

We "pulled it in."

That idiot "ethics formula", 'Find out that you are", is a nice, standard tricky-dicky Hubbard-thing twist. You already ARE! So doing the formula is but another twist away from Natural Law.

Yes. This is such a common, but often effective, Hubbard trick. He talked about theata traps and spinning people, making harder to think he would do it him self.

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus

It depends, what was the movie?

Leon-2

Patron Meritorious

Oh no. no no no. It is a VERY precise formula and the fact that you dismiss it tells at once that you have never applied it correctly.

Well, in the CofS you never would have the chance to, but nevertheless it remains one of the most spot on accurate precise formulas that, when done, will get a guy right out of Treason.

Leon-2

Patron Meritorious

Years ago Alan Gilbertson - of Expanded Dianetics fame - told me of a martial arts group in New York that would allow a really good expert to join them in their rarefied training and exploits. But there was a rule - if EVER you got into a situation in life where you actually needed the martial arts training you had learned, then you were immediately expelled from the group.

Understand this and you'll get to understand Treason.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Years ago Alan Gilbertson - of Expanded Dianetics fame - told me of a martial arts group in New York that would allow a really good expert to join them in their rarefied training and exploits. But there was a rule - if EVER you got into a situation in life where you actually needed the martial arts training you had learned, then you were immediately expelled from the group.

Understand this and you'll get to understand Treason.

I have to call this udder bull-puks Leon, even you should see this makes no sense.... hm, maybe not.

As a martial artist for a couple of years (lolol), you just react, inter-react, it is best as a defense, and should be so too imho, and that a trained person would stop to consider some Lron crap-consideration is the type of thing that wull get a person kilt.

I do understand the idea of 'treason' btw within the cult of fuck-tard Hubbert, totally without fancy underwear imho.

I apologize in advance for the de-rail, and Leon, I think you are a good person who means well...

:cheers: