What's new

Gerry Armstrong

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Can we try to keep the focus of this thread on Gerry Armstrong? One can always discuss the other topics by starting another thread elsewhere.

Thanks.

Caroline

Patron Meritorious
am-lawyer-cover.jpg

am-lwyr-4.jpg

Rest of this article: http://gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/media/am-lawyer-1992-07-1.html | PDF format

JustMe

Patron Meritorious
Gerry Armstrong was a scientologist for 12 years, from 1969 to 1981.
.........Hubbard's Biography Researcher

In my final two years in the SO, I had the task of collecting and assembling an archive of Hubbard's personal documents, and doing research for his biography. During the course of my research, I discovered and documented that Hubbard had lied about virtually every part of his life, including his education, degrees, family, explorations, military service, war wounds, scientific research, the efficacy of his " sciences" - Dianetics and Scientology - along with the actions and intentions of the organizations he created to sell and advance these "sciences.".................

I remember Gerry during ^^^^that^^^^ time.

I went to Los Angeles from GO Worldwide on a mission for Hubbard regarding his script for "Revolt In The Stars" that he wanted to sell to a big movie studio for making the OT III "Incident II" story into a movie. Hubbard wanted us to get it from "A Brilliant Film Company" ("ABFC") and into the hands of Myron and Alice Robinson as he felt they could get it picked up by a large movie studio better than could ABFC who had the rights to it. (So much for the "great secret" of OT III that would kill people if they were not prepared for it. At the same time Hubbard said that, he was willing to sell it to a movie studio if he got a big enough payoff).

Anyway, while in LA on that mission I met with Gerry and Gerry showed me what he was doing for the Hubbard bio. I found Gerry very intelligent, pleasant, outgoing, smart and dedicated. He was certainly trying to do what was right. (How odd that I, on another mission, would later be the one to get that very biography killed after Omar Garrison completed it).

Years later when I got out of scientology and was starting to speak out, Gerry gave me his friendship and was a big help to me. I liked the many chats we had. And it was his website that contained the legal documents I needed to write a book about Miscavige and his perjuries.

I remember back then talking with Gerry about how lonely it felt speaking out and having almost no support with others doing the same. Gerry felt that way too but he soldiered on fighting against almost impossible odds and refusing to give up.

Gerry has been fair gamed worse than anyone I can think of right now with the possible exception of Paulette Cooper (who I am also happy to have met and consider a friend).

Gerry has my thanks, my appreciation, my respect and my love.

I am proud to be his friend.

AnonyMary

SMERSH Madness: Sowing the Seeds of World Domination!

As we announced on March 1, we’re joining bracket fever with a tournament like no other. It’s up to you to decide who should be named the new SMERSH, the traditional nemesis of Scientology. Cast your vote for who’s doing more to propel the church down its long slide into oblivion!

Gerry won SMERSH Madness poll! Scroll down the page for previous results chart
http://tonyortega.org/2013/03/09/scientology-mythbusting-with-jon-atack-xenu-part-1/

Veda

Sponsor
Gerry won SMERSH Madness poll! Scroll down the page for previous results chart
http://tonyortega.org/2013/03/09/scientology-mythbusting-with-jon-atack-xenu-part-1/

And I notice that, in the comments section, Alanzo does some effective truth telling regarding Marty's BSing, including Marty's BSing on the topic of OT 3 being a "metaphor." And who suddenly comes out of the woodwork, attacking Gerry Armstrong and, obliquely, defending Marty Rathbun, but J. Swift.

Oy.

ChurchOfCylontology

Patron with Honors
And I notice that, in the comments section, Alanzo does some effective truth telling regarding Marty's BSing, including Marty's BSing on the topic of OT 3 being a "metaphor." And who suddenly comes out of the woodwork, attacking Gerry Armstrong and, obliquely, defending Marty Rathbun, but J. Swift.

Oy.

God forbid that anyone on Ortega's blog should bring up the topic of Gerry Armstrong + Marty Rathbun's completely hypocritical stance on why he refuses to help clear Gerry's legal issues. Bringing up that subject and asking questions about it creates quite the ridiculous bullshit storm over there.

Back to the topic of Gerry - Before I even really knew anything about the Church of Scientology, outside of a strange book and weird commercials, I read about Gerry Armstrong. This was in the early days of the Internet around the mid-to-late 90s, and I really wish that I could remember where I read his story. Because I knew very little about Scientology and their dirty tricks, my impression of Gerry wasn't that great (after reading that article about him). I kept asking myself, "why would this guy get sued so unbelievably that he was chased to Canada and can never even say the word, 'Scientology'? He must have done some really awful things." The contents of the article were difficult to believe and put into context, which is why I questioned Gerry's character at the time.

My initial opinion was definitely wrong, but it also opened the door for me to start asking more questions and doing periodic research on the subject from time to time. So I already knew his story well before I really immersed myself into this subject in 2008. I consider Gerry Armstrong a hero and an incredible human being.

AnonyMary

Oy.

I saw that and must have hit the wrong reply button because my reply wound up under Alanzo's post, in error. That reply intended to JSwift is:

"I think that Gerry is actually wanting affidavits from Mike and Marty that state the truth. I certainly believe he deserves that and that we deserve that, too."