What's new

Getting Clear conference with Jon Atack and others

An earlier post announced the conference I am arranging with Jon Atack in Toronto. I thought I would update ESMB readers with a bit more detail.

1. The website for the conference is www.gettingclear.co Note that is .co NOT .com
2. The conference will run June 22-26 inclusive. There will be morning, afternoon and evening sessions.
3. Venue details will be released in the next few days. We had to switch conference sites so we are finalizing location (near Toronto airport) shortly.
4. Early registration is $75 per day or $350 for week. Discounts are available for those who cannot afford this rate. Write me at [email protected]
5. In addition to Jon, various luminaries will be present in Toronto while a few others will contribute videos from afar. Those who will be at the conference include Tony Ortega, Paulette Cooper, Tory Christman, Jamie De Wolf, Nancy Many, Chuck Beatty, Alexander Dvorkin, Steve Hassan, Andreas Heldal-Lund, Jesse Prince, Gerry Armstrong, Nan McLean, Chris Shelton, Pete Griffiths, Hana Whitfield, among others.
6. For those who cannot attend, all sessions will be professionally filmed. Details about getting sessions or the whole conference online etc. will be available shortly on the website.
7. To register or for all conference matters, contact Rebekka Paul, conference administrator, at [email protected]

Jon and I are investing our own money in the conference. If you would like to help with expenses, write me at [email protected] or write Jon or myself via the regular conference email address: [email protected]

The Getting Clear conference is sponsored by Jon and myself directly. While the conference is not sponsored by Tyndale Seminary, the school is running my course on "Scientology: A Case Study Relating the Gospel to Other Religions" where the conference sessions form most of the content for the Tyndale students who take the course either for audit or credit.

With best wishes,

Jim

James A. Beverley
Professor of Christian Thought and Ethics
Tyndale Seminary,
Toronto

Glenda

Crusader
Wow, what an impressive line-up of participants.

I would love to attend James but will not be able to. I'll definitely tune in to any available online content.

Jump

Operating teatime
Students taking the class for audit? How ironic :)

You have an all star lineup there Jim, it looks like it will be a great program. When we had a cult awareness style conference in Australia, all the politicians were invited, several even attended and spoke. It helped that the venue was in the parliament precinct. Also, publicise it among ICSA the International Cultic Studies Assoc.

Good luck for a successful event.

Glenda

Crusader
Students taking the class for audit? How ironic :)

You have an all star lineup there Jim, it looks like it will be a great program. When we had a cult awareness style conference in Australia, all the politicians were invited, several even attended and spoke. It helped that the venue was in the parliament precinct. Also, publicise it among ICSA the International Cultic Studies Assoc.

Good luck for a successful event.

Did you notice one of your people is attending? Very cool.

Steve Cannane, ABC TV presenter, author of a forthcoming history of Scientology in Australia
Ref: http://www.gettingclear.co/index.html

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I am so glad Nan McLean will be there, I hadn't seen her name on the list before. :thumbsup:

Thank you so very much for doing this James and Jon

FlagEmDown

Patron
I'm really hoping invites have been sent to RCMP, OPP, GG Ontario, & other police heads, as well as politicians & lawmakers. Not to mention some heads / influential people in the health care, social work & education sectors.

RogerB

Crusader
Yes, I am delighted to see that it is going to be as large as it is . . . it should garner a lot of media and official attention this way and make it too important an event for any cult members to try and disrupt without seriously getting egg on their faces and further shooting their balls and both feet off!

This will be a winner Jim.

Well done.

RogerB

JustSheila

Crusader
Oh wow. That's so awesome. I think I can actually make this one, Toronto is on one of the routes on the flight back to the US from Sydney, and I really WANT TO GO!!!

FANTASTIC! YIPPEEEE!!! :happydance: