What's new

Greta Van Susteren Abruptly Leaving Fox News After 14 Years

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I wondered the same. For an "intelligent person" to continue on with OT levels after they see what it's all about...makes me wonder about their actual intelligence. Another theory is they don't really believe the BS but they HAVE to play along because they are too socked into the cult world via family, friends, job, etc. They don't dare question. Like Paul Haggis explained in his interviews.

For some, it's continue on and pretend and keep the life you've built, or risk insanity and destruction trying to leave.

Its a great point. I wonder at the vast amount of money that the Church has accumulated while its membership is contracting. There must be a back story here that needs further explanation. Why do these affluent people pour so much money into it? Even if you are a true believer, at some point the amount of money defies all logic, especially as a successful business person it should be abundantly clear that missions and orgs that one is supporting are horribly managed by any business standard and will never amount to much. Are they making so much money by networking with each other's businesses or trading influence and access that the cost of IAS Donations and hundreds of thousands on auditing and training and respective travel and hotel expenses becomes a kind of remunerative business investment in itself?

And as you say, one does HAVE to play. You can only put them off so long before risking getting red flagged as an Ethics situation which can be extremely expensive and inconvenient even if you are a celebrity bestowed with special treatment. When your next step up the bridge is OT 5, more mega woo BT auditing, begging off with a Student Hat retread will only get you so far.

Things must be getting kind of awkward and surreal in the rarefied air of Scientology celebrity status. I'm so grateful that I don't have the job of smoothing that over, but it is morbidly fun too watch other people try.