What's new

My Journey that went on for 33 years

Osiris

Patron with Honors
Welcome grygrmr,

Your story rings true for me, (only the particulars change)

Very Happy to have you here,

You are now not alone,

Love to hear more of your story :thumbsup: :happydance:

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome!

From your story, I'm guessing you did a lot of your bridge in LA.

That would mean that Harold Sims was your OTIII course sup?

Ha Ha. :D

Moosejewels

Patron Meritorious
Great Intro GRYGRMR.
Your intro rings familiar bells with me.
Looking forward to more.
Note : I am a hypocrite, as I haven't given up my stories yet. :whistling:

JackStraw

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hi & Welcome, GRYGRMR!

I got in at about the same time as you. Slightly different circumstances, but am hoping to hear moar!:happydance:

If I could, a bit of, hopefully constructive commentary: Paragraphs.

The opening post was sort hard to read. Just a little formatting, please. :thumbsup:

Jack

(Started in '77/'78 SF Bay Area)

tina1000

Patron
Thank you for your post. I have dealt with the cult not as a member,
But for ten years as a girlfriend/ friend if a devoted scientologist.
We are not in contact now. I have learned a lot about mind control
Cults since. I have also realized that there are a lot of them everywhere.
L Ron Hubbard was following an outline from what I can tell. It's pretty certain
To me now that his purpose was to make money by controlling and exploiting
People. It's really evil. Congratulations on your freedom. Good job on getting out.
That's a really hard thing to do. When I was almost brainwashed
By my friend I talked to Dr. Lattic on the phone. He was one
Of the cases in that time magazine article. Strangely my mother was
In high school with him and heard about the death of his son at her reunion.
His son jumped out of a hotel window with a few dollars in his hand. He
Was a scientologist. Even after hearing his stories, it took
Me seven more years to really believe him because not
That many people were talking about it. So thank you for opening
Up. The world needs the truth.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you for your post. I have dealt with the cult not as a member,
But for ten years as a girlfriend/ friend if a devoted scientologist.
We are not in contact now. I have learned a lot about mind control
Cults since. I have also realized that there are a lot of them everywhere.
L Ron Hubbard was following an outline from what I can tell. It's pretty certain
To me now that his purpose was to make money by controlling and exploiting
People. It's really evil. Congratulations on your freedom. Good job on getting out.
That's a really hard thing to do. When I was almost brainwashed
By my friend I talked to Dr. Lattic on the phone. He was one
Of the cases in that time magazine article. Strangely my mother was
In high school with him and heard about the death of his son at her reunion.
His son jumped out of a hotel window with a few dollars in his hand. He
Was a scientologist. Even after hearing his stories, it took
Me seven more years to really believe him because not
That many people were talking about it. So thank you for opening
Up. The world needs the truth.

Minor detail tina wasnt it Dr E Lottick and his son Noah?

http://knol.google.com/k/scientology#Noah_Lottick

Cherished

Hi grygrmr, welcome aboard. I always love a story in which both husband and wife make it out together.

Glad you're here.

Great Intro GRYGRMR.
Your intro rings familiar bells with me.
Looking forward to more.
Note : I am a hypocrite, as I haven't given up my stories yet. :whistling:

I'm tempted to grab you by the moosejewels to see if that helps you give it up, MJ. :) (But I'm a nice girl.)

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
very

I got into Scientology at the time of the LA, FBI raids, Time magazine's piece about the Cult of Greed and John Travolta's movie Saturday Night Fever. It was a time of "them against us." Has anything changed over this past 36 years or is it just same story - different cirumstances? My life had some aspects of it that were not very ideal so I asked a friend for advise. He did what a good Scientolgist should do and took me to an org where I was promply sold a comm course. The org staff were all freindly enough, although the processs of getting regged seemed a bit odd. But in the end I layed out $25 bucks or whatever the course cost at that time, to fix my problems. Needless to say, this was the first and by far, the mildest reg cycle of many to come, over the next 30 plus years. On each reg cycle the "close" was the same, "This is what you need to handle your situation/ruin." Being in sales, myself, I can't help but question why I kept falling for the same "close" over the next 33 years. ("Dumb ass" seems to come to mind. LOL) Anyway, I became a dedicated Scientologist and trained up through Class V and on the auditing side went up through OT5 (several times) before figuring out that something was awfully wrong. I continued training trying to figure out why auditing didn't work for me, as promised. During this time I got my wife and my children involved and some of my children are still "in" so I remain anonymous until they leave. But, back to my story. I should have ran for the door when I read the OT3 material but after questioning it I soon learned that doing so was going to be a long and expensive side trip that would result in me finding out there was something wrong with ME and that the result would be the same, no matter how much I was word cleared, handled in ethics or audited. Surely, I didn't want to be the "only one" who questioned this material. (Dumb ass, again) I chose the easy route and bought the "close" again, that it would get sorted out at the next level. To make a long story short after 30 years I decided to get the hell OUT! I had enough wherewithal to leave and close the door behind me. I no longer accepted calls and refused to be handled. It took 4 years to finally get the phone calls, personal interventions and mail from the various orgs to stop but as of last year I guess they wrote me off as suppressive or at a minimum, PTS and quit contacting me and my wife. I am shunned by those who are still "in" but that is a small price to pay for my freedom. I have to add that it took me about 3 years, after leaving to come to grips with the fact that Scientology is a mishmash of pseudo psychology and science fiction mixed in with some basic truths that have been known for eons and shared by many. Hubbard was a master at assembling these basic truths and putting them at the bottom of the bridge. These "truths" are as individual as each life experience is different so what may be true for one is not true to another. An LRH truth, for example would be, "What is true for you is true." Now, if you want to make a lie - stick - base it on some truths that the person can buy into. The trap is these basic truths are at the core then once a person gets to the upper levels one tends to believe the science fiction must then, also be true. Once I was out and knew there was no going back, I started researching on the internet and found that I am not the "only one." Thank God for those who were and continue to be brave enough to speak out about the wrongnesses. But I feel for those who still cling to the hope and/or belief that LRH was anything other than a man who figured out how to make a fortune by turning science fiction into a religion. To those who are questioning I recommend a bit of research. The true story about LRH and Scientology will unfold , I promise.

Very succinctly put. :bravo: :thumbsup: And in record time, IMHO.

Hi :wave: and welcome :welcome2: grygrmr :thewave:

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Actually

Just to clarify, the "Cult of Greed" Time cover story was published in 1991 a decade plus after the FBI raids and Saturday Night Fever. I wasn't sure if the OP meant these were all in play during his career in CoS or if he was just a tad confused because the endless "they are out to get, give us $ to fight the SPs" all blend together after awhile.

The Time story led to a pseudo media blackout on Scientology for many years in the US. The cult ended up losing in court, but that wasn't the point obviously just tying them up defending themselves in court and the cost of it ensured other media outlets wouldn't touch a critical CoS story with a ten foot pole because they didn't want/ couldn't afford the legal hassles sure to follow.

Actually, there was an earlier article around the time grygrmr is talking about. I remember something on that too . . . :confused2:

grygrmr

Patron

Ha Ha.

Yes! Ol' Harold was my sup! OMG!! Forgot his name until I read your post! Man, he and I got into it one day and I had to establish my boundries with him. He had been "riding" me and my twin since the day we started course until she broke down into grief. A real basket case, she was that day. I asked him if this was necessary and he laid into me. I did a pretty good confront and then, after he wound down, I leaned down and whispered into his ear that after course I was going to catch him on his way to the galley, kick his ass, then twist his frikin' neck completely off his body! After that...I was his favorite student. He used me almost every day to fake points for him so he could get time off. LOLOL
Can anyone tell me what ever happened to that crazy bastard??

Moosejewels

Patron Meritorious
That was a great first post. So many things in it are my story as well. Welcome.
Looking forward to your future posts.

Lone Star

Crusader

Ha Ha.

Yes! Ol' Harold was my sup! OMG!! Forgot his name until I read your post! Man, he and I got into it one day and I had to establish my boundries with him. He had been "riding" me and my twin since the day we started course until she broke down into grief. A real basket case, she was that day. I asked him if this was necessary and he laid into me. I did a pretty good confront and then, after he wound down, I leaned down and whispered into his ear that after course I was going to catch him on his way to the galley, kick his ass, then twist his frikin' neck completely off his body! After that...I was his favorite student. He used me almost every day to fake points for him so he could get time off. LOLOL
Can anyone tell me what ever happened to that crazy bastard??

Isn't it something how people of low character respond to threats of violence? That's the one thing they understand. :yes:

Welcome aboard! Unlike the CoS, ESMB's stats are through the roof! 1000X!

Last edited:

GreyLensman

Hi grygrmr! Welcome to ESMB. I was a 35-year cult dolt.

Eventually we find out that the hubbard thing wasn't even a "man". Just an artificial entity conjured out of the lower psychic darkness.

Parson's sex magick creation...