What's new

One More Rant for today....

marjan

Patron with Honors
While I'm on a Scientology rant... It appears that Scientology has red-flagged my name. Every time there is any kind of article, video or interview with me on the internet, they make sure to advertise on that page or video.

Had Scientology invested even 1/100th of that energy during the 13 YEARS (!!!) that I had MAJOR troubles because of THEIR ENEMIES, then perhaps this whole story would have had a different ending. Instead, Scientology did NOTHING. All my "friends" stood on the side-lines and watch me slowly bleed to death -- all they while claiming my problems had "nothing to do with them."

They NEVER did the right thing. Now, Scientology hovers like some kind of vulture, trying to capitalize on all the hard work that I have done in the last two years by writing my book (www.nakedinthespotlight.com) and giving a LOT of interviews to distance myself from that group and to rebuild my life and my career.

If my career problems had "nothing to do with Scientology" -- then why are you so interested to ride on my coattails now???? FB Friends, I must tell you all, it TRULY MAKES ME SICK TO MY STOMACH!

TG1

Angelic Poster
Marjan,

I don't think they're tracking you personally, although I can see how it would feel like it right now.

As I understand how Internet ads work, we attract the Internet ads we see online by our online identities created by virtue of everything from where we live to what we search for to who our friends are and what their interests are (the idea being that birds of a feather flock together), etc.

It's not the most refined approach in the world -- and the advertisers very often get it wrong and irritate us all. But I'm unaware of any capability of advertisers to "red flag" an individual and stalk them with online ads. (If I'm wrong about this, I'm sure someone will say so and explain what's going on.)

For instance, I live in a part of the U.S. that's populated by lots of fundamentalist Christians (I am not one). However, purely because of my zip code (and despite the fact that I'm married) I am followed online by ads for "Christian Mingle," a Christian singles dating service and invitations to "like" Tea Party candidates. Likewise, because of my age and gender I am besieged by online ads for Medicare supplemental insurance and facelifts.

Online, we are who we type. Clearly, we're in the Stone Age of Online Advertising. I expect the online advertising world will continue to improve -- since irritation isn't what advertisers aim for.

Except for the Cult of Scientology, and I think they're just too stupid to tell the difference between irritation and interest. :coolwink:

TG1

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Marjan

As I understand it, the Cult of Scientology uses the online advertising method of having an advertising company, let's say Google Ads, place a Scientology advertisement on ANY page that allows advertising and contains the word Scientology, or any other word(s) they choose.

It is all based on software that finds the occurrences of "Scientology" online and then plugs in the cult's advertising. They could even choose to have the software search for your name and then get their "ads" placed there.

It is actually rather simple..Plan where you want your ads to show up and pay the advertising company to search for those places (webpages) and dump the advertising on those pages.

You could do the same thing.. having an advertisement for your book placed on all Webpages, containing the word Scientology, that allow advertising.

My opinion is Scientology is a business, and very defrauding one at that, and their objective is to get customers at any cost. If they have to destroy you in the meantime, so be it. They could't give a damn what happens to you, as long as they end up controlling the planet. FAT CHANCE.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Marjan

As I understand it, the Cult of Scientology uses the online advertising method of having an advertising company, let's say Google Ads, place a Scientology advertisement on ANY page that allows advertising and contains the word Scientology, or any other word(s) they choose.

It is all based on software that finds the occurrences of "Scientology" online and then plugs in the cult's advertising. They could even choose to have the software search for your name and then get their "ads" placed there.

This is one of the reasons I chose not to profit off my videos, by not accepting the countless offers from YouTube to sign up for their "ad revenue" option.

I still get YT pm's from people & organizations wanting to add me as "a contact" and I delete these, as most of them have nothing to do with Scientology or my protest videos.

I guess it's the price we pay for joining the world of social media.

marjan

Patron with Honors
Marjan

It is actually rather simple..Plan where you want your ads to show up and pay the advertising company to search for those places (webpages) and dump the advertising on those pages.

You could do the same thing.. having an advertisement for your book placed on all Webpages, containing the word Scientology, that allow advertising.

My opinion is Scientology is a business, and very defrauding one at that, and their objective is to get customers at any cost. If they have to destroy you in the meantime, so be it. They could't give a damn what happens to you, as long as they end up controlling the planet. FAT CHANCE.

I just finished a huge production of the musical "Loving the Silent Tears" at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. The producer's press office was posting some of the interviews from the red carpet on facebook, youtube, etc.. I clicked on one of my interviews and lo and behold, there was an ad for Scientology running on it.

Yes, Scientology is a business and a ruthless one at that.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I just finished a huge production of the musical "Loving the Silent Tears" at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. The producer's press office was posting some of the interviews from the red carpet on facebook, youtube, etc.. I clicked on one of my interviews and lo and behold, there was an ad for Scientology running on it.

Yes, Scientology is a business and a ruthless one at that.

Congratulations on your big production Marjan. I'll see if I can find the youtube item.