What's new

Scientology explained

Wow CB! That made no sense at all. I'll have what your having.

typo...

jewish mothers not jewish others

also...

if you give some serious consideration to it you might find it makes a hell of a lot of sense

micavage, wilhere, lesevre et al...

most of the top people since ron died are catholics. they are doing things in a very distinctly RCC way

Can you be specific please.

i never studied the confidential materials

from reports i've read it does appear they draw on the occult and black magick

and...

i was never comfortable with the scientology symbol; the linked triangles with the "s"...

sort of looks like a dismantled star of david with a serpent slithering through it

there are many things about it suggestive of...

shall we say...

"the dark side of the force"

Adam7986

Declared SP

This post jumped out at me. Scientologists have a very very deep belief that "communication solves all problems" or somesuch, and that applies to personal problems related to depression etc. It only recently that I got to understand what Adam has posted.

It took me a long time to understand that sometimes I just feel like shit for no reason at all, other than that I just feel like shit. Problems are always there, regardless of my mood. So something else must be affecting it, and that something else is depression. I hate when people think that talking about my problems will make me feel better. It's so untrue. What makes me feel better is just waiting it out and trying to engage in activities that lighten my mood. I took medication for a while, and if my depression were to get so bad I can't get out of bed again--then I would go see a psychiatrist again and get the medication I need for it.

and...

i was never comfortable with the scientology symbol; the linked triangles with the "s"...

sort of looks like a dismantled star of david with a serpent slithering through it

shall we say...

We shall say whatever old hooey we want and we usually do......

Gib

Crusader
It took me a long time to understand that sometimes I just feel like shit for no reason at all, other than that I just feel like shit. Problems are always there, regardless of my mood. So something else must be affecting it, and that something else is depression. I hate when people think that talking about my problems will make me feel better. It's so untrue. What makes me feel better is just waiting it out and trying to engage in activities that lighten my mood. I took medication for a while, and if my depression were to get so bad I can't get out of bed again--then I would go see a psychiatrist again and get the medication I need for it.

I've had my bouts of depression, or gloomy feeling.

One day I realized if I had something to look forward to, whether created by myself or another or others, why I no longer had the bouts.

Just my realization.

And I realized the scientology bridge to total freedom is sort of like that, in a way. When one is a true believer, there was always the next step on the Bridge one could look forward to, to handle something the Hubbard said one needed to handle. Of course, we all now realize the Bridge is BS.

Anyways, just my two cents. And I suppose that's why others have said have goals in life. :confused2:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

and...

:hysterical::hysterical:

That double triangle with the slithering "S" is one of the most ratfuck designs in corporate logo history.

It is not unusual to see logos evolve over time and become simplified and streamlined. Even the most brilliant logos in the world did not have such wonderful design beginnings. LOL. I regularly look at links such as THIS to observe the obvious refinements in design that are only obvious AFTER the passage of time. It is so fascinating how (like the jagged rocky edges of a cliff) they become smoothed out and simplified, the nasty unnecessary bits being "eroded" or jettisoned.

I have done much design work and continue to do it for companies and business ventures which I have founded and it is a wonderfully challenging creative project....which keeps evolving over time (both the name of the venture and graphics). What is so funny about Scientology is that they DO NOT HAVE AN ABILITY TO CHANGE. A multi-billion dollar international enterprise that is still using a 1960's logo that looks like it was designed by some hippie that liked to draw serpentine motifs for a local psychedelic underground rag.

il_fullxfull.177661198.jpg

Now all the COS needs to do is to configure their promo for "OT" using a lava lamp.

images_zps35678520.jpg

Last edited:

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Paisley reminds me of the Free Love Era.

I love paisley !

I have a gorgeous silk scarf I found in a thrift store. It's big enough to be worn as a shawl. It's a rather heavy charmeuse'ish type thing with pale lavendar and pale green paisley. Has some beading on one edge. I wear it sometimes with a neutral dress.

Leland

Crusader

and...

shall we say...

No doubt that El Con La Fatty had a thing for "Solomon's Symbol" or the "Star of David." He wrote a fiction book about it and it's magical properties....Forgot the title....

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Re: blackberry jam explained

Mine is the sour (and sometimes SOUR) blackberry jam my grandparents make. Sometimes I just eat that stuff with a spoon; especially the "editions" that get too liquid than to stay on the bread. :drool: :omg: :blush:
I've found nothing like that in any supermarket; although I haven't yet searched on markets, small shops, etc. Commercial blackberry jam is always much, much too sweet. Boring. You taste the sugar and nothing else. :no:

Lookout for Eastern European jams. Bulgarian jam is the best, the factory ones are not runny though it's quite firm.

lots of shops in UK now sell Polish, Romanian, Bulgarian and Turkish jams, always worth trying. I used to buy tinned Pakistani rose jam, you could almost slice it. It was great with sour live Turkish yoghurt and a little tahini. I'm avoiding simple carbs now so I avoid sweet preserves altogether. One day I'll be naughty and make the cheesecake I've always wanted, rose and tahini cheesecale covered with strawberries and spinkled with rose petals. I've also never made Filipino purple yam cake, I must make it, just to see the colour if nothing else.
http://blog.junbelen.com/2010/05/25/purple-yam-why-filipinos-love-purple-sweet-treats/

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Yes. Other orgnizations have Roll of Honour listing all those who were the founders and builders of the organization. Church of Scientology has a List of Declared SPs.

The funny thing about the scn roll of honour is that in time the list turns into an SP list as once good scentologists become evil and get declared.