What's new

Sydney Ideal Org

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
My first impression was a "false flag" incident. Either OSA or some scilon in lower conditions did it to "manufacture crimes" and try to blame it on Anons.

Remember, they are scripturaly bound to "manufacture crimes" when none can be found...
Or... vice versa. :)

outtech

Patron with Honors
Well, I probably shouldn't have intimated that I agreed "Anon probably did it", there's no evidence to support that. What I meant to agree to is that it's highly unlikely the CofS or any semi-sentient scn'ist did it. It's just too stupid, points directly at the CofS and the fact that it's so easily outed and guaranteed to cause more bad publicity and ill will just doesn't fit with the operating basis of OSA.
This is just my opinion, I'm sure the actual source will be revealed in time.

That's a good point. But flyering neighborhoods/sending vaguely threatening letters does seem to be one of OSA's modus operandi. A few months back many of the SoCal anons had their neighborhoods flyered and were sent pamphlets with their photos, names, addresses and "Anonymous no more" written in 'dripping blood' font. All that managed to do was panic the neighbors and give the anons targeted an opportunity to discuss Scientology with them and effectively inoculate their neighborhood against the cult. One of the regular OSA handlers was actually caught in the act and photographed flyering neighborhoods on more than one occasion.

I'd assume (given the current climate within the Sydney CoS) that there is a hell of a lot of internal pressure for the org to reach Ideal org status. It wouldn't surprise me for them to do something this overt to try to intimidate any opposition.

DavidM

Patron with Honors
It was a first impression is all. Is it possible, absolutely.

And hell no. Anon has much of my respect.

I was shocked about the threat letter, whoever sent it committed a serious crime. I also found it hard to believe that a Scientologist would do something so damn stupid. But looking at the timeline closer, I doubt it was an anon/prankster.

Anons didn't even know a petition existed until a resident approached our protest (Jan 17th) and explained what had happened .
http://www.asyd.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=324

The news about the DA and the residents' opposition appeared later in the Sydney Morning Herald (Jan 21).
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national...ut-at-criticism/2009/01/20/1232213646771.html

So whoever sent the threat letters knew about the petition before anons or the general public even knew that a petition existed. They must have also had access to the names and addresses. The resident said it arrived in the mail, in a stamped, addressed envelope. He also said the police were already investigating:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=R0zYl6snios&feature=channel_page

I think the CoS would have received a copy of the petition (with the names/addresses) because they were the subject of the complaint.

Would the CoS really accept this kind of action as as a "blow to the enemy" (assuming it was done by a lone Scientologist who was on lower conditions)

Feral

Rogue male
WOW. I see your point.

I'm not sure if the CofS would "officially" do that, however some overly zealous fundamentalist believer might get real busy with a photocopier, perhaps as an amends, but more likely as a contribution, maybe everyone knew he was doing it but turned a blind eye as it suited them to have an action go forward that might 'help' their cause.

He could be out of favour now though!

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
A suggestion for the "still-ins"...

WOW. I see your point.

I'm not sure if the CofS would "officially" do that, however some overly zealous fundamentalist believer might get real busy with a photocopier, perhaps as an amends, but more likely as a contribution, maybe everyone knew he was doing it but turned a blind eye as it suited them to have an action go forward that might 'help' their cause.

He could be out of favour now though!

"A contribution" sounds about right to me. :ohmy:

BTW, per a conversation or two I had today, all those still "in" should fully clear the word "insolvent" since they are likely to be hearing it more an more and we wouldn't want 'em to "turn a blind eye" to that condition - now would we? :coolwink:

EP?

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was shocked about the threat letter, whoever sent it committed a serious crime. I also found it hard to believe that a Scientologist would do something so damn stupid. But looking at the timeline closer, I doubt it was an anon/prankster....

Would the CoS really accept this kind of action as as a "blow to the enemy" (assuming it was done by a lone Scientologist who was on lower conditions)

The answer is a resounding "yes" in my opinion - I've seen this sort of stupidity regularly before.

Something else that needs to be factored in here - there are quite a few scilons living in those apartments too - when I was on Syd F staff, there were at least three of those apartments jam-packed with Taiwanese students/preclears who'd spend all day in the org and just used the apartments to sleep and cook in - usually at least eight to an apartment from what I recall.

So getting hold of the petition would be simple - just wait for someone to knock on your door with it, down the road to photocopy it at Kinkos a few blocks away (they're open all hours as any staff/public there can tell you) and you have your mailing list ready to go.

Why not take it to the org?

The photocopiers there (if still there at all) were usually not working - hence Kinkos. :D

Last edited: