What's new

The Tone Scale

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Attribution of intention might be your game. I couldn't care less what Hubbard's intention was. I use the tool the way I use it, not the way he intended, as I have no idea what his intentions were.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Ya beat me to it, Kev.

Thing is, if a person is interested in the concept and its implementation), then doesn't matter what the old man actually DID.

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Great, in which case I expect you don't quote Hubbard's "tech" and you use your own tech, instead of his. And what you are using is not Scientology. That's great, just wonderful! You are both ex-scientologists! :thumbsup:

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
I rarely quote Hubbard, except for those who seem to need Hubbard's authority stamped on an idea before they are allowed to see it as valid. I have always only used my own ideas (frequently copied from other sources, shuffled, minced, and given sprinkles by me).

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Great, in which case I expect you don't quote Hubbard's "tech" and you use your own tech, instead of his. And what you are using is not Scientology. That's great, just wonderful! You are both ex-scientologists! :thumbsup:

I'm an heretical non CofS Scn'ist.

:p :happydance:

In any case, if we're talking about the tech as written as opposed to what he actually did, then we ARE talking about "Hubbard's tech"- certainly NOT anything I came up with.

beyond_horizons

Patron Meritorious
Tansy, I understand your desire to salvage workable tech.

I don't know if this happens to everybody, but for me I spent ten or more years trying to work out what was workable in Hubbard's tech. There are tantalising glimpses of pure workable tech, but for me this was so often tempered with disappointing realisations of how even the "good" stuff was laced with Hubbard's black magic trap.

Nowadays I wonder if the solution to this problem is to ditch the whole of Scn? I did this and then was amazed to find that other workable techniques did exist in the areas that LRH told us were dangerous, squirrel, SP zones. Until I ditched scn I never saw these alternatives!

For example the Sedona Method contains a perfectly workable technology using a scale of emotions. Holosync theory contains workable technology for experiencing emotions without resistence. There are scientific theories/discoveries about "open systems" and this can be related to the "tone-scale"

What I am saying is that knowledge of Hubbard's "tech", but not using any of it, opens up understanding and application of other non-cult techniques. I suppose what John Galusha and Mike Goldstein have done is perhaps an example of this. They seem to have de-constructed Scn tech, abandoned it and developed new techniques from their experience of Scn tech.

I think Idenics would be a tremendously good "fit" for you Tansy! How's that for an evaluation! :D

My opinion is that trying to pick out the workable from the mind-trap aspects of Hubbard's tech is probably impossible. I think old Ronnie set it up that way on purpose. So one solution for this is to ditch all of it! Yippee! That is incredibly liberating!

Suddenly judgement is possible about it once one has recogonised that the whole subject was a trap! This is a paradox, but in my experience this is what happens. Whereas trying to sift the tech seems to leave one confused and unable to use the "tech". In my opinion that is what Ron wanted to create while he created his slaves.

PS, please do tell me if you think anything I say has the effect of introverting anyone. De-programming the hubbard cult-think is sometimes painful.

I am not perfect and when I try to puncture people's Hubbard stable data I would want to know if any of that is introverting. By introverting I mean spinning inwards into confusion. This is not the same as self-examination, which I believe is necessary to de-program the effects of the cult.

You can monitor me Tansy. I will always consider your criticism.
:goodposting:

With Vinay’s curiosity regarding Idenics I believe he’s got a good shot at working some bugs out for himself. :)

I also find what Alan posted once provides great if not the best insights, i.e., that he found in almost every segment of Hubbard’s writings after KSW something that was problematic about the tech! And with that, and seeing it for myself, I'm more inclined to factor in this particular perspective and advice because of the fact it was born from one who saw the need to develope and implement 'correction lists' into what is now refered to as 'standard LRH tech'.

My point being, why get one's self all wrapped up around that axel in the first place?

But I’m willing to bet that from a core scientological center, at least for awhile, anything Vin learns from Idenics will somehow try to be massaged out to others from within the frame work of his scientologyical implants tm , as inspired by Hubbard so as to keep scientology working. That is until he finally get's it and purges a bunch of that stuff out of his system.

I hope not though ... AFAIK enough of that sort of thing has/is already being done.

By the way LH, your link to the 'headless. org' is yet another valuable perspective for integrating, getting unstuck and moving forward in and out of life here in the 21st century.

http://www.headless.org/index.html

:thumbsup:

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
:goodposting:

With Vinay’s curiosity regarding Idenics I believe he’s got a good shot at working some bugs out for himself. :)

I also find what Alan posted once provides great if not the best insights, i.e., that he found in almost every segment of Hubbard’s writings after KSW something that was problematic about the tech! And with that, and seeing it for myself, I'm more inclined to factor in this particular perspective and advice because of the fact it was born from one who saw the need to develope and implement 'correction lists' into what is now refered to as 'standard LRH tech'.

My point being, why get one's self all wrapped up around that axel in the first place?

But I’m willing to bet that from a core scientological center, at least for awhile, anything Vin learns from Idenics will somehow try to be massaged out to others from within the frame work of his scientologyical implants tm , as inspired by Hubbard so as to keep scientology working. That is until he finally get's it and purges a bunch of that stuff out of his system.

I hope not though ... AFAIK enough of that sort of thing has/is already being done.

By the way LH, your link to the 'headless. org' is yet another valuable perspective for integrating, getting unstuck and moving forward in and out of life here in the 21st century.

http://www.headless.org/index.html

:thumbsup:

Thanks, BH, I've just picked up your reply. :thumbsup:

I'll be going to a headless gathering in July, to remind myself that I have no head! :hysterical: