What's new

Where I stand

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
I don't know if this belongs here, but VC when I write something I know is going to piss someone off, I totally ignore the thread for several days. I don't care what said person has to say bout what I had to say. :happydance:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Oooh, I looooove Ebay. I got a Badgely Mischka bag a few months ago that I get a lot of compliments on. I have bought shoes from Ebay, but only ones that are brand new. Oddly enough, although I am hard to fit sometimes, every pair I got from EBay fit me. Only one of them didn't work out- a pair of low heeled espadrilles that fell apart in a very light rain.

One time I got a pair of adorable tweed pumps which I still have. Brand new. A little too high but I only wear them every now and again.

But, yeah, the other day I went to DSW warehouse. I took two pix of the shoes I bought. The flats you can see on my regular wall but both pix are in my album. They are sweeeeet!!

For $200.00 I got two pair of decent relatively non painful platform pumps and a funky pair of flats, some periwinkle New Balance sneaks, (not to be confused with OUR Sneaks) and a pair of fingerless gloves. Pix of one of the pair of pumps on my FB album and the other pair of pumps is same make, just different color, and there's also a pic of the flats...

Good twin

Floater
Oooh, I looooove Ebay. I got a Badgely Mischka bag a few months ago that I get a lot of compliments on. I have bought shoes from Ebay, but only ones that are brand new. Oddly enough, although I am hard to fit sometimes, every pair I got from EBay fit me. Only one of them didn't work out- a pair of low heeled espadrilles that fell apart in a very light rain.

One time I got a pair of adorable tweed pumps which I still have. Brand new. A little too high but I only wear them every now and again.

But, yeah, the other day I went to DSW warehouse. I took two pix of the shoes I bought. The flats you can see on my regular wall but both pix are in my album. They are sweeeeet!!

For $200.00 I got two pair of decent relatively non painful platform pumps and a funky pair of flats, some periwinkle New Balance sneaks, (not to be confused with OUR Sneaks) and a pair of fingerless gloves. Pix of one of the pair of pumps on my FB album and the other pair of pumps is same make, just different color, and there's also a pic of the flats...

I love DSW!!! I knew we were twins. :yes:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I don't know if this belongs here, but VC when I write something I know is going to piss someone off, I totally ignore the thread for several days. I don't care what said person has to say bout what I had to say. :happydance:

Yep. Good idea. I've been known to write something then click X to send it away so that no one ever sees it.

But it's more that I have had a few people who like to come out of the blue and just let me HAVE it, then if I respond, they get mad, some other people get mad, and I'm like, jeez guys, you're mad at the wrong damn person. Then, OTOH, I've been criticized by a couple of those same people for ignoring contributors. But now that I know that it's that the internetz criteria are not the same as IRL criteria, it's fine. I think it's maybe cuz IRL you can tell a kook when you see one and you can cross the gawddamn street before they get a chance to talk to ya... Also, on the internetz, ppl feel free to write things that they'd never ever have the nerve or discourtesy to say to your face. Like I said, the internetz standards and criteria are different.

The only person I regret having affected by my past participation in flamewars is myself. And, hey, I'm almost over it. So case cloooooosed.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I've been talking with a few friends lately about some of this, plus I had a rather skrelky and stupid- I'd call it an exchange but after the first couple snipes, I stopped responding- line of rhetoric addressed to me, and it seems to me that I became a symbol of Scientology. This happened simply because I identified myself as a non CofS Scientologist on OCMB some years back and I somehow became a symbol of KSW Scn- even though I said I didn't agree with KSW.

Then, when I defended myself so vehemently and so often (because the attacks were very frequent) a number of people ended up using that as a - I'll be kind and call it a raison d'etre of sorts- for their continuing bad opinion of me.

All that really happened is that they made me a symbol, and unfortunately, it got imported over here by a number of people. They said I was getting people into "the cult". This was even said a few days ago. However, AFAIK, the only Scn cult in existence is called CofS and I left there in 2000 and started questioning it in late 1998. Ok, some people call the FZ a cult but the problem there is that I never ever proselytized on any forum. I only identified myself as having an interest in concepts.

I see posts by Hatshepsut and Panda Termit and quite a few people who do not claim to be non CofS Scn'ists, and they've not become a symbol of anything, insofar as I can tell- and some of those posts contain a fair bit of interest in Scn related concepts. Again, I don't think I have ANY more interest in Scn concepts than they do.

I shouldn't have wasted time on those sorts of people and that sort of bullshit, but then again, they should not have made me a symbol.

I'm not your symbol. If you don't like Scn, great, have at it. I've only been saying this for ten years now. I'm against the cult, everyone else here is against the cult so there's no need to psychoanalyze me. Really.

... Ok, some people call the FZ a cult ...

A sure sign they don't know what they are talking about. :eyeroll:

Now, if they were to say that some individual members of the freezone still have a cult-like mentality, then they'd have a point. :yes:
But then it would only be fair to point out that similar attitudes can be found with 'anti-cult' cultists among the critics.

Mark A. Baker :)