What's new

texas court

Unless I missed it, they still haven't ruled yet, correct? I was wondering what would give them pause. Could it be the underlying question has them in a bind: Does a criminal organization that abuses the court system, misrepresents itself as a valid religion and uses the religious amendment to shield itself, deserve equal protection under the law?

Mimsey

freethinker

Sponsor
No, only human beings deserve equal protection of the laws; only human beings are born or naturalized, which is what the 14th Amendment says. Religions and cults cannot be hurt, only people can.

Does a criminal organization that abuses the court system, misrepresents itself as a valid religion and uses the religious amendment to shield itself, deserve equal protection under the law?

Mimsey

No, only human beings deserve equal protection of the laws; only human beings are born or naturalized, which is what the 14th Amendment says. Religions and cults cannot be hurt, only people can.
So miscavage deserves equal protection, though he's sociopath running what is essentially a criminal organization of dupes that commits fraud constantly?

Isn't an odd twist he's using the anti slap law which helps an individual fight a giant corporation to trash an individual.
Maybe that's the issue they're wrestling with - he's perverted the law's intent?

I hope all this time produces something worth the wait.

Mimsey

freethinker

Sponsor
Didn't say he deserves the protection especially when he is acting in a representative capacity and not for his own religious beliefs.

He's being sued as a corporate head, not some guy exercising his beliefs.

If they rule in favor of Miscavige then it will mean their AntiSlapp law is worthless to the purposes it was created for which is to protect the little guy.

So miscavage deserves equal protection, though he's sociopath running what is essentially a criminal organization of dupes that commits fraud constantly?

Isn't an odd twist he's using the anti slap law which helps an individual fight a giant corporation to trash an individual.
Maybe that's the issue they're wrestling with - he's perverted the law's intent?

I hope all this time produces something worth the wait.

Mimsey