What's new

Marty Rathbun raises his head, and starts squawking PART 2

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Marty Rathbun raises his head, and starts squawking

The blog comments on that video are the usual small group of Marty acolytes, followed by a commenter using the COB moniker. COB posts a long Scientology Inc.-type screed complete with all the usual propaganda lines.

It's the ORACLE
Same dribble.
Same patter,
same attacks on Tony O.
Compare her earlier diatribes on Tony on Marty's blog.

Disguising herself with moniker "COB"

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron

The occasional faintly negative comment is let through on the blog. They are useful to seed doubt that maybe the 'real Marty' is still there. Nothing more. An attempt to make the blog look natural to the casual reader. It is clumsy and stilted. A far cry from the usual flow of a blog comment thread.

His supporters in the past may have been a bit weird but were human, not this clinical scripted version.

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron

It's the ORACLE
Same dribble.
Same patter,
same attacks on Tony O.

Yep. Exact same story. Must be killing her not to be able to reply to herself 50 times.

So, what seems like a thousand posts ago on this thread, I bet he would release 37 videos. I have to admit I have lost count - how many is he up to so far? What will I win if I am right?

Mimsy

Aerial

Patron with Honors

So, what seems like a thousand posts ago on this thread, I bet he would release 37 videos. I have to admit I have lost count - how many is he up to so far? What will I win if I am right?

Mimsy

I've lost interest. lol. If you win, you get a copy of The Way To Happiness. personally signed by LRH himself and authenticated by Marty Rathbun.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron

His attitude towards Scientology went through numerous changes after he left church. First he was completely devoted to LRH and blamed Miscavige for all of Scientology's current ils. Then he realized that Hubbard also had some significant faults but still found value in Scientology. At this stage he continued to adhere to Scientology beliefs and practices but in a less Orthodox manner while incorporating into his thought various non-Scientology ideas. After continuing to deconstruct Scientology he went on to completely renounce it in 2015:

Source: http://tonyortega.org/2015/03/25/go...inking-during-his-key-moment-in-gibneys-film/

Source: http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/interviews/a34259/scientology-marty-rathbun-interview/

Continuing with auditing people once you've renounced Scientology and Hubbard in such a manner makes no sense, and anyway he lost a lot of support from indies after he became more and more heretical in their eyes. I'd guess that at this point much of his clients wouldn't have continued with him even if he had offered them auditing. I'm not quite sure what are his current beliefs about Scientology. I don't think they can be gauged from his recent attacks against the various critics as it's not clear how much of his recent statements are actually a reflection of his beliefs rather than talking points from a CoS-approved script.

This is excellent quote-mining! Thanks for the re-cap, it gives some background on the Marty Mystery for people who don't know the history or may have forgotten. There's so much to sort through, but these snippets cut right to the core. Good work!

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron

It's the ORACLE
Same dribble.
Same patter,
same attacks on Tony O.

And she is STILL caught in a Tony incident.

rickybobby

Hostess of the Internet

It's the ORACLE
Same dribble.
Same patter,
same attacks on Tony O.

I am confused. That same attack on Tony O that was posted by COB was also posted under Grasshopper's name and webber517gdw on June 27 on part 7. Both of them have subsequently posted elsewhere that the comments they had submitted were very different and someone had posted that drivel under their monikers.

Because of your noting that this is her style of post, I ventured over and reread Oracle's comments on this topic from Marty's blog (not a pleasant task, ugh), and she did indeed use some of these links, although I didn't find any common verbiage. So are you saying that COB is the Oracle, or that it is one of Oracle's posts that is being cut and pasted, or that this post been fabricated in Oracle's style?

Last edited:

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

There are two ways to GET RICH! This is a very precise science.

In fact - we have a name for it..:ohmy: RELIGIOUS SCIENCE :p

L Ron Hubbard figured one way to get rich - "START A RELIGION"

And the other way to GET RICH was discovered during the 65 years since L Ron started his religion....

BLOWN Ex Scientology High Ranking Officials discvered they could get rich if they ..."EXPOSE a Religion"

Ex Scientologist's like Marty Rathbun, Debbie Cook, Vicky Aznaran and many others....get rich...while a poor sap in Boston gets fleeced of every last dime to buy them off.

IT KEEPS SCIENTOLOGY WORKING!!

This ain't rocket science folks...:whistling:

It's Religious Science....:eyeroll:

He's at it again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNDbpGWmv8A

This time he's discussing the second part of Aftermath's seventh episode. Once more Rathbun accuses John Sweeney of being nothing more than a troll, even though he had previously praised Sweeney's work on Scientology. He also slanders Mark Bunker, saying he's also a troll masquerading as a journalist. A simple internet search will show that Rathbun is once again contradicting himself:

Mark Bunker is a decent, honest guy. I thought so when I saw him in Clearwater in 2000 when he was the video guy for the Lisa McPherson trust. I thought so when I saw his famous video beseeching Anyonymous to tone it down a few years back (garnering him the handle Wise Beard Man – or Wisebeardman). I thought so when he volunteered to convert my original trashy one page webpage into a WordPress blog format. And I think so today. Bunker has kind of taken on the role of Little Switzerland, or Big Switzerland depending on your point of view, in the ecclectic community of ex-Radical Corporate Scientologists and never-Scientologists protesting corrupt cultic practices carried out in the name of Scientology.

The best part comes right in the end of the video when Rathbun talks about the time Scientologist picketed Bunker's home. He says Rinder organized this act and was disciplined for it:

Mike Rinder got in a tremendous amount of trouble because it was such outlandish thing to do at the time he did it fifteen-twenty years ago.

Rathbun himself was harassed at his home by Scientology about a decade after Bunker's home was picketed and he can't reasonably deny it (after all those squirrel busters videos are still on Rathbun's channel), so I suppose that's why he's calling Rinder's actions "outlandish thing to do at the time he did it". Unfortunately for Rathbun, it would appear that Scientology was picketing people's homes already in the early 1990s:

After [A Piece of Blue Sky's] publication, Scientologists picketed [Jon] Atack's East Grinstead home for six days and spread defamatory leaflets around his neighbourhood.

EDIT: I've just a found a post on Marty's blog saying that David Miscavige himself ordered Rinder to organize a picketing of someone's house.

Last edited:

George Layton

He's at it again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNDbpGWmv8A

This time he's discussing the second part of Aftermath's seventh episode. Once more Rathbun accuses John Sweeney of being nothing more than a troll, even though he had previously praised Sweeney's work on Scientology. He also slanders Mark Bunker, saying he's also a troll masquerading as a journalist. A simple internet search will show that Rathbun is once again contradicting himself:

The best part comes right in the end of the video when Rathbun talks about the time Scientologist picketed Bunker's home. He says Rinder organized this act and was disciplined for it:

Rathbun himself was harassed at his home by Scientology about a decade after Bunker's home was picketed and he can't reasonably deny it (after all those squirrel busters videos are still on Rathbun's channel), so I suppose that's why he's calling Rinder's actions "outlandish thing to do at the time he did it". Unfortunately for Rathbun, it would appear that Scientology was picketing people's homes already in the early 1990s:

He has almost come to the point where he flat out says that scientology does not harass those that have left scientology, that those who have left scientology harass scientology. Is there any chance that this guy will ever again be able to physically stand before any of these people and speak with them face to face?

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

He has almost come to the point where he flat out says that scientology does not harass those that have left scientology, that those who have left scientology harass scientology. Is there any chance that this guy will ever again be able to physically stand before any of these people and speak with them face to face?

That's a really good question.

None of us know what happened with Marty. But we do know that whatever deal was cut with Scientology pretty much had to have been cut somewhere around two years ago, before Monique fired her lawyers.

My guess is...at that time there was no idea (at least on Marty and Monique's side) that he would have to do anything like make these videos.

Look at it. Up until now, he hasn't done anything except an occasional blog post criticizing "the ASC". Even those posts were pretty much in generalities, with the exception of sniping at Tony Ortega.

Then suddenly...this barrage of videos with specific attacks on everyone he knows, including people who considered themselves to be close personal friends.

I really don't think that this was something that he originally agreed to. I think he was told he had to do them, and he had no choice.

Well, he knew who he was dealing with going into it...

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

None of us know what happened with Marty. But we do know that whatever deal was cut with Scientology pretty much had to have been cut somewhere around two years ago, before Monique fired her lawyers.

My guess is...at that time there was no idea (at least on Marty and Monique's side) that he would have to do anything like make these videos.

Look at it. Up until now, he hasn't done anything except an occasional blog post criticizing "the ASC". Even those posts were pretty much in generalities, with the exception of sniping at Tony Ortega.

Then suddenly...this barrage of videos with specific attacks on everyone he knows, including people who considered themselves to be close personal friends.

I really don't think that this was something that he originally agreed to. I think he was told he had to do them, and he had no choice.

The CoS probably didn't require Marty to submit to those terms for all of eternity upon selling his soul. :no:

I hear the CoS contract is tweaked a bit from the above example and limits the term to one billion years. :yes:

George Layton

How long ago was it he said he was preparing the ground? He may well have gone round the bend on his own rather than being pushed round the bend.

Assuming an occurrence should not be coupled with the presumption that it was a fact and then expanded upon. I believe that was something hubbard did quite often to lead people into viewing realty through his distorted lense.

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious

In Pt. 10 about Leah's show, Marty claims John Sweeney isn't a journalist. According to his wiki, before he worked for the BBC, Sweeney covered wars and revolutions in over 60 countries for The Observer, as an investigative journalist. He's won many prizes for his excellence, including an Emmy Award and a prize from Amnesty International. He's an accomplished journalist and author.

He went to school at the London School of Economics, which is ranked in the top twenty schools in the world.

Marty is a former cult thug, a blogger who home schooled in quantum theory and now specializes in character assassination. Besides cult work, including his current freelance assignment, his work background includes peanut vendor at baseball games, lawn sprinkling operations, and stringer for the Corpus Christi Caller-Times. His education includes trying college for a semester but dropping out. He's the author of three book-shaped objects and a legend in his own mind.

Webber517gdw

I am webber517gdw and my post to Marty rathburn was way different then the one posted. My comment asked Marty what Dave's dick tasted like. I know it was immature but I just couldn't help myself.
As far as I am concerned he is a traitor. And he doesn't deserve any better

Webber517gdw

One more thing. I went over to the underground bunker and tried to tell the commenters what Marty rathburn was up to . And they treated me like shit.

One poster named Glen told me to fuck off. And other nasty things. Do they treat everyone like that?

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

One more thing. I went over to the underground bunker and tried to tell the commenters what Marty rathburn was up to . And they treated me like shit.

One poster named Glen told me to fuck off. And other nasty things. Do they treat everyone like that?

If you spend any time at all in the comments section of the Bunker you KNOW that they don't treat everyone like that.

The only time I've seen them treating anyone in that fashion is when they're responding to a troll and/or osabot.

If you fall into one of those categories then perhaps you got the response you deserved.

If not, can you please link to your comments over there.

But better to start your OWN Intro thread here so as not to derail this one.