What's new

Do you have ANY Photos of the Old Celebrity Center Days???

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
To all who knew Yvonne...

What's your take re *now* IF she were still around?
Ya think she'd go along with the Davey boy crap ...or be out?

My guess is she would have left, long ago.
She was one of THE kindest and loving people I've ever had the
honor of knowing. For most of us who knew her...she will NEVER
be forgotten.

:rose: To Yvonne, where ever she may be....

Tory/Magoo

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
To all who knew Yvonne...
What's your take re *now* IF she were still around?
Ya think she'd go along with the Davey boy crap ...or be out?
<snip>
Tory/Magoo

I can't even imagine her putting up with that one for a Kansa City second.

One of the finest ladies I ever hope to know and that sorry low life excuse for a human being...in the same post.......on the same page......out of the same book............even on the same planet ? No!

Makes me shudder.

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
OSOD ! I think I know who owned at least one of the cars in that photo!

Ok, fill us in: whose? ((If Ok to tell, obviously))

Whatever became of TR Bob the examiner ?

Good question, I do not know...but remember him, well.

Did the skits get killed by J & D.. or because some people figure out who was being spoofed...like " Red tag Mama" ?

Oh Gawd, "Red tag Mama"..for those not there, here's a true story. I was auditing public in their "HGC" (Hubbard Guidance Center, I think it stood for). My PC was very happy. After you bring them to "The Examiner" (Who makes sure they were "F/N...VGI's (happy) re their session. A "red tag" is the worst...meaning the auditor HAS to take them back in session, and fix it, within I think it was 24 hours OR TONS of people lose their "Stats" for the day. (I forget all the ramifications..if anyone else has it all, please add. Karen should remember :yes:

Ok, so this one day....4 of us brought our PC's to the Examiner--all happy.
Each one was fired out, by "Red Tag Mama" with Red Tags. It was RIGHT
before Thursday at 2:00---which would have made the HGC "stats" way down, super bad for the staff.

I went in to see Kenny Gerbino---the Qual Sec Then. Someone stopped me and said: "He's in a meeting and CANNOT be interrupted".

I said: "Oh yes he can..he must hear this RIGHT NOW"

I went over to him, and whispered "Just FYI: 4 happy Pc's have just been fired out as "Red Tagged".

He told "The meeting" "I'll be right back". He zoomed into the Examiners
pitched her out---took over, re-did each of the 4 exams...all were then:
"F/N, VGI's" ....:hysterical: And all was well.

The " co-audit room " with CCHs, Self Analysis, R3R, Grades & review all going elbow to elbow in a way over crowded room.

Lots & lots of fun back in the day at that old
ramshackling hodge podge building.

So sooooooooo true! Yes, I helped supervise
John Travolta on his CCH's (and no, I won't explain those---oh gawd!)
Remember the yelling into the ashtray in the alleyway outside?
"STAND UP! THANK YOU! SIT DOWN IN THAT CHAIR~!:

It seemed odd back then, and frankly, that still seems super odd to me.

Most of us at least passed each other in the hall for years and years - there and most every where else, too.

True, we were (and many still are) like one big
family. Many of us who were on staff are still in touch...and even
after 11 years of sharing stories at my parties...the joint rocks all
night, with people sharing other stories, still. Amazing.

Love to ALL :hug:

Tory/Magoo
PS: If you're here in LA..and were part of the old CC, for sure
drop me a PM, and even if you weren't...but were "in" and are now
"out"....let me know if you'd like to come to some of the parties. It's fun
to see "old friends", for sure.

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
I can't even imagine her putting up with that one for a Kansa City second.

One of the finest ladies I ever hope to know and that sorry low life excuse for a human being...in the same post.......on the same page......out of the same book............even on the same planet ? No!

Makes me shudder.

Well, you snipped my response..which agreed with you,
no way would she go along with all the :bs: of today, or even the last
20 years.

Well, you can be pissed I mentioned it, but many people did not know
Yvonne, so I wanted to ask it--if only to hear what you had to say.
That IS how ALL of us felt and feel about Yvonne. Most people (exp who
never knew her) have no concept of ANYONE "in" Scientology feeling
that way. No one does, any more, this is for sure.

:thankyou:

Tory/Magoo

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
I'm pretty sure that old heap on the left was mine.

Tory, you and I passed on another in Halls ( and that old co-audit room ) lord only knows how many times at CC downtown, on La Brea, the Manor, AOLA.

And, yes, I'm still living fairly near the complex.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
<snip>
Well, you can be pissed I mentioned it, but ....
<snip>
Tory/Magoo
I wasn't pissed it was mentioned not pissed at you.

It is with me....and me...... period.

Like you, to have known, watched, worked with her for several years and I still will always hold her hold as one of 3 very very finest people I have ever known and her just be so wonderful to so many for so long.

And at the same time to think about that sorry little DM and how low and on the opposite end of humanity he has put himself.

Nothing to do with your post.... all to do with the starkness of the contrast i see.

And just for clarification......For all the good I have seen you do over the last at least 10 years of speaking out and also helping so many people...uh, I give you a pass on damn near anything and certainly not make a post getting in your face about anything.

So, my apologies if my post came across as critical of you, It really wasn't meant that way. And I sometimes it seems do not express myself very good in writing.

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
I wasn't pissed it was mentioned not pissed at you.

It is with me....and me...... period.

Like you, to have known, watched, worked with her for several years and I still will always hold her hold as one of 3 very very finest people I have ever known and her just be so wonderful to so many for so long.

And at the same time to think about that sorry little DM and how low and on the opposite end of humanity he has put himself.

Nothing to do with your post.... all to do with the starkness of the contrast i see.

And just for clarification......For all the good I have seen you do over the last at least 10 years of speaking out and also helping so many people...uh, I give you a pass on damn near anything and certainly not make a post getting in your face about anything.

So, my apologies if my post came across as critical of you, It really wasn't meant that way. And I sometimes it seems do not express myself very good in writing.

Thanks, Auditor's Toad....
Gotcha! :cheers:

Tory/Magoo

PS: You express yourself just fine....VERY fine.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron

Oh Gawd, "Red tag Mama"..for those not there, here's a true story. I was auditing public in their "HGC" (Hubbard Guidance Center, I think it stood for). My PC was very happy. After you bring them to "The Examiner" (Who makes sure they were "F/N...VGI's (happy) re their session. A "red tag" is the worst...meaning the auditor HAS to take them back in session, and fix it, within I think it was 24 hours OR TONS of people lose their "Stats" for the day. (I forget all the ramifications..if anyone else has it all, please add. Karen should remember :yes:

Ok, so this one day....4 of us brought our PC's to the Examiner--all happy.
Each one was fired out, by "Red Tag Mama" with Red Tags. It was RIGHT
before Thursday at 2:00---which would have made the HGC "stats" way down, super bad for the staff.

I went in to see Kenny Gerbino---the Qual Sec Then. Someone stopped me and said: "He's in a meeting and CANNOT be interrupted".

I said: "Oh yes he can..he must hear this RIGHT NOW"

I went over to him, and whispered "Just FYI: 4 happy Pc's have just been fired out as "Red Tagged".

He told "The meeting" "I'll be right back". He zoomed into the Examiners
pitched her out---took over, re-did each of the 4 exams...all were then:
"F/N, VGI's" ....:hysterical: And all was well.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Them's were the days!:old:

TG1

Angelic Poster
Auditor's Toad ... now you've got me wondering if I knew you in the old days. No response required. You just sound like a 70s Scientology guy. I was in L.A. during those years.

TG1

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Auditor's Toad ... now you've got me wondering if I knew you in the old days. No response required. You just sound like a 70s Scientology guy. I was in L.A. during those years.

TG1

Most likely. So many of us were on course together, filled in as a twin, etc, etc had so many PCs and so on.

Like there is a person that posts here that has a unique sense of humor that I've always felt only one person could have.....but to ask him would out him.

I was at the old CC downtown - early 70s-as public doing HQS & a few other courses.

Did more courses and internships on La Brea. Audited there.

Did Courses, etc at ASHO...audited a little there.

From AOLA went to flag for 4,5,6 & 7

and was out in '90

TG1

Angelic Poster
Toad, that's very similar to my story -- especially ASHO and AO. No doubt we were in same courserooms at some point.

TG1

cakemaker

Patron Meritorious
From a Celebrity mag of 1975

I'll see if I can dig up some pictures this weekend.

oh6yqs.jpg

2mfi2l4.jpg

GLH

Patron
A few years back I had played with "TR Bob" as he went back to playing the bassoon - good for him. Alas I haven't seen him in a while. The snack bar at CC was great, healthy and all that good stuff. Do I dare say it seemed to be a "theta" place at those times. There was music, art etc. though no good deed goes unpunished and it was done away with. Oh well.....

Clarence Rockaway

Patron with Honors
OSOD ! I think I know who owned at least one of the cars in that photo!

Whatever became of TR Bob the examiner ?

Did the skits get killed by J & D.. or because some people figure out who was being spoofed...like " Red tag Mama" ?

The " co-audit room " with CCHs, Self Analysis, R3R, Grades & review all going elbow to elbow in a way over crowded room.

Lots & lots of fun back in the day at that old ramshackling hodge podge building.

Most of us at least passed each other in the hall for years and years - there and most every where else, too.
I was public at CCLA starting 12/70 then went on staff 71 to 74. I don't recall a Tory however. Bob Riggs was examiner. After being ordered around by the S.O. for a decade or more, he married a wife who ordered him around and moved to the Valley. I visited him once or twice. He had a son. But the despot wife ordered him to disconnect from me. He meekly obeyed. Used to own Riggs Reeds. Great pics of Smiley McNasty (Yvonne). Reuben Hart

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Re: From a Celebrity mag of 1975

I'll see if I can dig up some pictures this weekend.

oh6yqs.jpg

2mfi2l4.jpg

:: thud ::
I know damn near every one of the people listed there !
Sadly......................Lost track of most of 'em.

And I did not know Tory & my then good friend Joan did their IV internship at the same time!