What's new

Xtranormal Animated Movies

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I started this thread to have somewhere for ESMBers (not just me!) to put a copy of their Xtranormal movies. And to encourage ESMBers to make more animations!

Xtranormal at www.xtranormal.com has the tagline, "If you can type, you can make movies." It is free or low-cost and easy-to-use software. You can use their online software, or you can download their Desktop software and make movies offline, then upload them to YouTube etc.

It really is free or cheap for individual use. The text-to-speech voices are completely free of charge. You buy characters and sets, paying with XP, "Xtranormal Points." Characters cost 37 or 75 or 150 XP each, sets might cost 150 XP. The Desktop version is cheaper, as there are some things you have to pay for if you use the online moviemaker that are free with the Desktop one. You get 300 XP free when you open a new account. I made my first movie, Tom Meets Katie, using that 300 XP: 75 XP each for the two characters and 150 XP for the set. Once you have bought assets, you can reuse them for free in future movies.

The Desktop version is Windows-only, and needs a relatively modern computer to run on. There are also some things you can do on the Desktop version that you can't do on the online one. As I write this I have completed 4 movies, all using the Desktop version and none using the online one. You cannot move a completed movie, or a half-made one, between the two bits of software.

Xtranormal seems to have been going for a couple of years. I only learned about it a couple of days ago, on this thread from palehorse: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?27543-Katie-Holmes-divorces-Tom-Cruise-the-movie.

Paul

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I tweaked the dialogue of the Tom Meets Katie video a little bit, and added some background sound and a few extras so the restaurant doesn't look so deserted. I can't add plates and food, though. I haven't imported anything that doesn't come as standard, well, once you've bought a few characters.

I'm beginning to get the hang of the cameras. Note the fancy camerawork from 0:51 to 1:01.

The more you add to a movie, the longer it takes to render. It makes one long for a faster CPU. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clz7UC8jqKY

Paul

I started this thread to have somewhere for ESMBers (not just me!) to put a copy of their Xtranormal movies. And to encourage ESMBers to make more animations!

Xtranormal at www.xtranormal.com has the tagline, "If you can type, you can make movies." It is free or low-cost and easy-to-use software. You can use their online software, or you can download their Desktop software and make movies offline, then upload them to YouTube etc.

It really is free or cheap for individual use. The text-to-speech voices are completely free of charge. You buy characters and sets, paying with XP, "Xtranormal Points." Characters cost 37 or 75 or 150 XP each, sets might cost 150 XP. The Desktop version is cheaper, as there are some things you have to pay for if you use the online moviemaker that are free with the Desktop one. You get 300 XP free when you open a new account. I made my first movie, Tom Meets Katie, using that 300 XP: 75 XP each for the two characters and 150 XP for the set. Once you have bought assets, you can reuse them for free in future movies.

The Desktop version is Windows-only, and needs a relatively modern computer to run on. There are also some things you can do on the Desktop version that you can't do on the online one. As I write this I have completed 4 movies, all using the Desktop version and none using the online one. You cannot move a completed movie, or a half-made one, between the two bits of software.

Xtranormal seems to have been going for a couple of years. I only learned about it a couple of days ago, on this thread from palehorse: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?27543-Katie-Holmes-divorces-Tom-Cruise-the-movie.

Paul
OMG! You're brilliant, Paul! Thanks so much. This is a great gift for ESMBers as a birthday gift to the Second-In-Command, TC!!! The Greatest Scientologist that DM has ever known!!!

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
The voices are excellent, but how many words did you have to mis-spell so that they sounded correct?

Are you better able to dress your characters. I don't think I've seen a TC interview where he's in anything other than black clothing.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
The voices are excellent, but how many words did you have to mis-spell so that they sounded correct?
Very few, surprisingly. The text-to-speech engine and voice-packs tend to be pretty accurate. They have licensed them from Acapella.

Are you better able to dress your characters? I don't think I've seen a TC interview where he's in anything other than black clothing.
Sometimes, it depends. In the "Suitz" set of characters alone, you can customize the clothing by (solely) adjusting its hue. The character I have used so far comes from the "Trekiez" set. They can't use names like Captain Kirk and Spock, so they use Captain Kurt and Speck instead, although they do use the likenesses. The TC character is Shorty instead of Scotty. :)

The TC vids were my first attempts. Now that I am more familiar with the software, and know about this customization, I might change the character for later vids involving TC.

Paul