What's new

Flagdown 2014: media coverage, etc

TG1

Angelic Poster
From everything I've read and the pix I've seen, it sure sounds like the protest was a grand success. And it was more than a few steps forward in terms of protesting against the cult in its lair.

Plus, it looked fun and lulzy and had flair.

Although these collaborations are not without conflict, it's a beautiful thing when anons, Bunkerites, ESMBers, SPs, and citizens who just jump in and join make something like this come together.

I congratulate and thank everyone who protested today.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
From everything I've read and the pix I've seen, it sure sounds like the protest was a grand success. And it was more than a few steps forward in terms of protesting against the cult in its lair.

Plus, it looked fun and lulzy and had flair.

Although these collaborations are not without conflict, it's a beautiful thing when anons, Bunkerites, ESMBers, SPs, and citizens who just jump in and join make something like this come together.

I congratulate and thank everyone who protested today.

It was definitely fun and there will be some video getting posted eventually which confirms that. :)

One of the protesters was shooting lots of video with a GoPro HERO3 and hopefully some will make it's way online soon.

aegerprimo

Summa Cum Laude
It was definitely fun and there will be some video getting posted eventually which confirms that. :)

One of the protesters was shooting lots of video with a GoPro HERO3 and hopefully some will make it's way online soon.

OOOOOOH! Can't wait to see video! :happydance:

Keep us posted Type4 :blowkiss:

Jump

Operating teatime

Is Allender out now?! (That's a head-cam right?)

Welcome John Allender!!

:lol: :happydance:

(Yeah, probably not.)

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
OOOOOOH! Can't wait to see video! :happydance:

Keep us posted Type4 :blowkiss:

Several of the Sea Org staff were also shooting lots of video, like this guy:

osavideo_zpsd18fd6d3.jpg

I doubt that he's going to put any online for us though. :no::grouch:

Here's another pic I came across just now that's decent:

SAM_2071_zpse014a6e8.jpg

betskand

Patron with Honors
What I wish I had been able to do:

Shake John Sweeney's hand, get him to autograph my copy of his book, and beam lovingly at him.

Laugh and smile and show my immense admiration to Jamie, who is just an asset to the world. Even Elron couldn't prevent his genes from producing a great thing.

Thank everyone and drink a toast to the whole idea of confronting the monster in front of its lair.

Be there. Flag Down is one more thing that CO$ now knows it can't stomp out of existence! It will happen again!

Next year!
:yes::yes::yes:
:happydance::happydance::happydance:
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Is Allender out now?! (That's a head-cam right?)

Welcome John Allender!!

:lol: :happydance:

(Yeah, probably not.)

The HERO3 can be worn as a head-cam but we didn't do that. Not this time anyways. :biggrin:

And I can confirm that John Allender was NOT out there protesting with us today. :coolwink:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

osavideo_zpsd18fd6d3.jpg

SAM_2071_zpse014a6e8.jpg

^^^^^
My God! Will you look at those rabble rousers, lol !!!!!!

Way to go, protesters!! :thumbsup:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
I wonder how long it's going to take the cult to patch up that hole in the sidewalk to thwart protesters?

Screech did a horrible job stopping today's protest. Ohhhhh Sarah, someone's got a job for ya..

090425_dumpster_sex.jpg

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Excellent post on WWP:

Wow! amax i want to thank you for the part that you played in putting this event together #1

I know that you said that you didn't feel good.. That said. When I introduced myself to you you did not even look at me. You folded your arms and kept nodding your head aggressively from side to side. I don't know what I could have possibly done to you that you would react in such a manner.

Is it because I am from the Bunker? You were extremely rude and did not acknowledge the 3 of us during the course of the 3 days. We sat up chairs and took them down. When the pop machine leaked we cleaned it up.

I personally asked you what needed to be done. I am absolutely confused.

Of course we plan on protesting in CW. We were at the Super Power Opening. Yep, 4 of us from the Bunker. You did not . " Feeble Attempts to pass yourself off as the Clearwater Chanology Cell will be considered a cancer and a lie."

That is just sad. I understand what you did in 2008. This is 2014. No One owns Anonymous. You say that Lutz and mockery of your feeble attempts will be delicious. "

You want us to fail? We are attempting to bring down this evil cult and to inform. I am so sorry that you feel this way. I have nothing more to say. There is nothing I can say. I am speechless at your ruthlessness.

BabyBunker. Today.

Cat Daddy

Silver Meritorious Patron
SP Yellow

I love the Yellow. is it Golden Rod or Vulture Minister Yellow

Or just SP Yellow

[video=youtube;qJ5-FoiBuVc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ5-FoiBuVc[/video]

osavideo_zpsd18fd6d3.jpg

SAM_2071_zpse014a6e8.jpg

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Here's a few random pictures I took earlier today:

SAM_2188_zpsfad7904e.jpg

SAM_2174_zpseaf8f8cd.jpg

SAM_2177_zps28d400d3.jpg

SAM_2073_zpsbe792df4.jpg

WOOF SPs!! :woohoo: :cheers: :happydance:

What an awesome "Flag Down 2014!" This picket was a perfect ending
(Or should I say beginning)?

Either way..........great job to ALL who helped, in any way to create this wonderful conference...including
donators, creators, speakers, picketers, and on-line supporters. :thumbsup:

My best to you ALL :flowers2:

Tory/Magoo

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Infinite posted the YouTube version of Jamie's talk in another thread. Worth re-posting here.

For those who haven't watched it as yet, Jamie DeWolf, Hubbard's great-grandson, was able to authenticate a manuscript that was written by his grandfather, Ron DeWolf (born as Lafayette Ronald Hubbard, Jr.).

The CoS kept it from being published but Jamie reads passages of it in this talk.

This is going to inoculate a LOT of never-in's. :thumbsup:

Make this go viral! :clapping: :biggrin:

[video=youtube;IWwWH6-4pjM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWwWH6-4pjM[/video]

TG1

Angelic Poster
A lot of ex-Scientologists (myself included) had a hard time coming to grips with the idea (and this is a big one) that we did not know L. Ron Hubbard at all.

Magnified by our early cult "wins" and our ongoing sunk costs of time, money and agreements, we listened to Hubbard's tapes and read his books and bought into the big temptation that Scientology offers: "You are big beans and can retrieve all of your native bigness."

During our Scientology careers (and even afterwards), we thought we knew L. Ron Hubbard. We thought he was our friend. We thought our interests were his interests. Why? Because he said so. Because he implied so. And because by believing that was true we could keep minimizing the magnitude of our horrendous investments in this scheme.

It's hard to come to grips with the truth that Hubbard was a grifter and we were his marks. It's hard to believe someone would tell you lies that big and that you could believe them.

Until you can cringe about your Scientology history, you can't fully quit Scientology.

DOC0715

Supressive Artist
Been following the Scientology coverage for more than a year from The Underground Bunker to Tory Christman's and Karen de la Carriere's videos. I fee bad for those who spent all their money and time to now know they were being led down a prim rose path and I hope they recover quickly now that they are out and also those still in who are still suffering (especially in "The Hole"). I hope to make it to next year's Flagdown (if there is one) as my grandparents called Clearwater their home and I had visited there in '69 (before the Scion Invasion) and hate seeing what is happening, I am a “never in” but feel a connection to the survivors and support you all the way.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Been following the Scientology coverage for more than a year from The Underground Bunker to Tory Christman's and Karen de la Carriere's videos. I fee bad for those who spent all their money and time to now know they were being led down a prim rose path and I hope they recover quickly now that they are out and also those still in who are still suffering (especially in "The Hole"). I hope to make it to next year's Flagdown (if there is one) as my grandparents called Clearwater their home and I had visited there in '69 (before the Scion Invasion) and hate seeing what is happening, I am a “never in” but feel a connection to the survivors and support you all the way.

Welcome to ESMB, DOC0715, and thanks for your heartfelt comment! :thumbsup:

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yet, it was roundly advertised, via press releases from Laura Flynn, that it was a public event & free. Laura chose to deceptively misinterpret the injunction because she has also posted she detests Mark Bunker.

If Mark Bunker wanted to, he would have a legal case for suing Laura Flynn for fraud & misrepresentation. Several critics have already expressed they are thinking of suing her for this as she claimed it was a "public event & free to the public" on the Flagdown website. She & Pete solicited donations from the public under this statement. Clearly, Laura Flynn views Flag Down as a private event where she can choose who or who does not attend.

Mark Bunker & Tom Smith are not the only ones told they were not invited & those individuals had zero to do with the injunction.
I have an idea -- why don't all the "uninvitees" -- particularly those who live in/near Los Angeles -- hold an event and then not invite Laura Flynn?

And while Laura Flynn doesn't deserve ALL the credit for making Flag Down happen, what with those who donated their time and money and all that, she does deserve a major chunk. Without her, it would NOT have happened. And someone has to make the big decisions. Why NOT her?

Helena, ranting again

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
You obviously did not read what I wrote, especially the quotes from Tom, Mark and Tony.
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...a-coverage-etc&p=931256&viewfull=1#post931256

It's clear that she did like them and did not want them there and told Tom so way in advance and Mark got the message from Tom because how else was he to know that Laura "hates' him?

The point being, the injunction point ( her interpretation of it voiced publicly after the fact) was a minor issue on what she acted upon. ...

The whole issue of the injunction is a derailment off of the facts in this particular matter.

Nuff said....
Maybe we need an injunction again discussing the injunction! :biggrin:

Helena

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
From fathertony..

Wow what can I say after week of AWESOME speakers we had an awesome turn out. It started out with 4 people from a local church that had heard of the protest that day and decided to join us. I told then that I hope to make this a regular thing please feel free to email from the flag down web sight. Xander please fell free to let me know how long that we were out there I was to busy with McGhee to keep track of the time. :) Love you you cheeky bastard!!

McGhee got on my shoulders to shatter and suppress the car tech they had tried to employ in front of the Ft Harrison. It was a blast of a time!!! During the post raid Pizza we think someone followed us in to the pizza place. Please let me know you if recognize him!!

Notice the police presence around the protesters.

[video=youtube;jNSbtWi-31g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNSbtWi-31g[/video]