What's new

Flagdown 2014: media coverage, etc

RogerB

Crusader
On video, he intentionally walked into the naughty zone, without holding the sign down as required by the injunction, and said he'd hope to get served so he can go to court and get this thing taken care of once and for all. Then he got served papers, which is also on video.

Yes, that's what I saw and got . . . it will be interesting to see what the arguments are that will be presented. The only basis for hitting him with the subpoena would on the claim that he was acting as an "agent" of of Mark Bunker and the rest of the enjoineds . . . otherwise he is not named in the original injunction restraining him from protesting in front of Cof$ property.

At worst they might go for a new injunction on him personally.

R

Anonycat

Crusader
Yes, that's what I saw and got . . . it will be interesting to see what the arguments are that will be presented. The only basis for hitting him with the subpoena would on the claim that he was acting as an "agent" of of Mark Bunker and the rest of the enjoineds . . . otherwise he is not named in the original injunction restraining him from protesting in front of Cof$ property.

At worst they might go for a new injunction on him personally.

R

For what? Disturbing the people of Clearwater? I doubt it, but we'll see!

Anonycat

Crusader
Conference held in Clearwater challenges Church of Scientology

Today on Radioactivity, we get a preview of a five day conference that begins today in Tampa Bay. The conference is designed to challenge the Church of Scientology and organizers say the conference, Flag Down 2014 will reveal the abusive conditions, financial exploitation, coerced abortions and broken families that lie behind the Scientology organization's veneer of religiosity.

http://www.wmnf.org/news_stories/conference-held-in-clearwater-challenges-church-of-scientology

RogerB

Crusader
Just FYI, I got served first and then went into the forbidden zone. If they intend on pressing this, next step would be for them to draft a motion arguing I acted as an agent/in concert with one of those individuals named in the injunction. I'd love to read that brief.

You posted while I was composing :biggrin:

Thanks for this . . . so you were served thus warning you not to go into the "forbidden zone"? :melodramatic:

They do try SSOOoooo hard to be bad neighbors! :duh:

R

He-man

Hero extraordinary
Just FYI, I got served first and then went into the forbidden zone. If they intend on pressing this, next step would be for them to draft a motion arguing I acted as an agent/in concert with one of those individuals named in the injunction. I'd love to read that brief.

Effin awesome man. Lots of respect to you.

Leland

Crusader

I have some video about police and c of s security regarding disputing walking on c of s property if you need it. I'm trying to get it edited and up on YouTube. Plus it is not marked private property or " no trespassing "

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Yes, that's what I saw and got . . . it will be interesting to see what the arguments are that will be presented. The only basis for hitting him with the subpoena would on the claim that he was acting as an "agent" of of Mark Bunker and the rest of the enjoineds . . . otherwise he is not named in the original injunction restraining him from protesting in front of Cof$ property. At worst they might go for a new injunction on him personally.

The injunction served on Darth (Alex) was just another example of Scientology's bluffery. It had zero legal standing. One only has to check the Pinellas County Circuit Court record to see that no injunction against Alex was filed with the court.

https://ccmspa.pinellascounty.org/PublicAccess/default.aspx

OSA Legal loves abusing the judicial process & toying with people's minds. Sadly, Laura Flynn took the bait & ran with it. Thanks to her, Scientology achieved a win. Alex knew better & ignored it. The cult has not moved forward to ban Alex from protesting it's properties in Clearwater.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
For me, it put in a few more dots to connect. A lot has been said about Hubbard/Crowley/Majic/Scientology, however, if scientology really was based on majic as much as suggested, and as it seemed it might be, I always thought that there would be more involvement in majic than the evidence I had seen (via the internet). On the evidence I saw, it seemed Hubbard just dilly-dallied around a bit with majic, but the Nibs stuff presented by Jamie, paints a picture of a lot more extended involvement. I also thought Hubbard's affirmations seemed to be something written by a person who was committed to majic, rather than someone who was dilly dallying, but....pieces were missing.

I don't know much of anything about black magic, so can't evaluate this statement by Nibs, but he said in the Penthouse interview:

"What a lot of people don't realize is that Scientology is black magic that is just spread out over a long time period. To perform black magic generally takes a few hours or, at most, a few weeks. But in Scientology it's stretched out over a lifetime, and so you don't see it. Black magic is the inner core of Scientology --and it is probably the only part of Scientology that really works. "

Also, here's a short video clip of him where he makes a reference to black magic in scientology:

[video=youtube;GGF7rJPQAmo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGF7rJPQAmo[/video]

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't know much of anything about black magic, so can't evaluate this statement by Nibs, but he said in the Penthouse interview:

Also, here's a short video clip of him where he makes a reference to black magic in scientology:

I have read some... enough to have a few wiccans read all my stuff... not that I was interested in it, but that in deciding to study hypnosis, due to Shawn Lonsdale's death, and I found that THAT history crosses paths....

---------------------

Understand that much of what passes for classic magic consists of the arrangement of items associated metaphysically with each other and what you hope to achieve, and then to do this during the proper arrangement of the stars... and the proper Decan of the day. In Francis Yates "The Art of Memory" there is a description of the Pillars of Solomon, - (Thinking out loud, I'll never be able to convey what Professor Yates took 200 previous pages to get across) .... ok I'll try a more simplistic explanation...

Just as the E-meter implies that there is science in $cientology.... Just as the setting (stage setting) together with the programmed expectations of the "pc" prime him to engage in powerful auto-suggestion... Putting all these things together, including having the pc sit in a waiting area where there is a gradation chart, together these things (and others) focus a persons intention upon achieving the stated goal of the 'level'... These stated goals are achieved in the same manner that those two girls see mice on the floor in that picture I keep posting by stage hypnotist (Hubbard was also a stage hypnotist LINK) Ralph Slater here <scroll down...

The pattern used to focus intention of a person's will as described in the invocations of Abra-Mellin, are very similar to what Hubbard did to trick us into powerful self hypnosis of the classically magic kind.

I'll save you reading Abra-Mellin... In it he, a Jewish Mystic, states (ONE example) that if you want something to happen, you should bake your own bread by your hand, then slice a piece of bread, and write upon it with honey, the invocation you wish....

I will admit, I gave it a try, I asked for wisdom.

I hope this helps...

Arnie Lerma

Further Reading:

Prof. Francis Yates U of Chicago, read her books, especially The Art of Memory and the one about Bruno...
Ioan Culianu - Read his, Out of this World and his book about Giordano Bruno
Study Giordano Bruno..., Ficino, and those cited by the latter, and Albertus Magnus

220px-Giordano_Bruno_Campo_dei_Fiori.jpg

Giordano Bruno

PS: And the document Jamie is reading from... 2 pages of that were posted by this writer here to ESMB in 2011 LINK but I was given the wrong cover sheet with those two pages so it is titled differently...and wrongly see last post in that thread (After you read the stuff I posted which was the thing Jamie was reading from) a note from Ortega.

Two days before Jamie spoke I was sitting in the restaurant with Jamie and he said he found something amazing he was going to read... I asked him if what he had mentioned Abra-Mellin... he said no.. so he hadn't gotten to that part yet... which is the part he read from in the video, and you guys had access to pieces of it 3 years ago here on ESMB.

Last edited:

aegerprimo

Summa Cum Laude
A lot of ex-Scientologists (myself included) had a hard time coming to grips with the idea (and this is a big one) that we did not know L. Ron Hubbard at all.

Magnified by our early cult "wins" and our ongoing sunk costs of time, money and agreements, we listened to Hubbard's tapes and read his books and bought into the big temptation that Scientology offers: "You are big beans and can retrieve all of your native bigness."

During our Scientology careers (and even afterwards), we thought we knew L. Ron Hubbard. We thought he was our friend. We thought our interests were his interests. Why? Because he said so. Because he implied so. And because by believing that was true we could keep minimizing the magnitude of our horrendous investments in this scheme.

It's hard to come to grips with the truth that Hubbard was a grifter and we were his marks. It's hard to believe someone would tell you lies that big and that you could believe them.

Until you can cringe about your Scientology history, you can't fully quit Scientology.

(my bold and red)

So true TG1! My Scientology history makes me cringe AND face-palm.

Free Being Me

Crusader
Infinite posted the YouTube version of Jamie's talk in another thread. Worth re-posting here.

For those who haven't watched it as yet, Jamie DeWolf, Hubbard's great-grandson, was able to authenticate a manuscript that was written by his grandfather, Ron DeWolf (born as Lafayette Ronald Hubbard, Jr.).

The CoS kept it from being published but Jamie reads passages of it in this talk.

This is going to inoculate a LOT of never-in's. :thumbsup:

Make this go viral! :clapping: :biggrin:

[video=youtube;IWwWH6-4pjM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWwWH6-4pjM[/video]

There's info in this video that most of us will never have heard of ... the following line is (in part) a reference to scientology being based in black magic.

"Scientology doesn't work as stated ... but as intended".

If that doesn't make your blood run cold ... nothing will.

:nervous:

"What a lot of people don't realize is that Scientology is black magic that is just spread out over a long time period. To perform black magic generally takes a few hours or, at most, a few weeks. But in Scientology it's stretched out over a lifetime, and so you don't see it. Black magic is the inner core of Scientology --and it is probably the only part of Scientology that really works."

Elcon was involved with Aleister Crowley's OTO through Jack Parsons. I believe Veda has referenced this on occasion if I'm not mistaken.

OTO
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordo_Templi_Orientis

Elcon - Occult Involvement in Pasadena
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._Ron_Hubbard

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP