What's new

HBO Prepping Bombshell Scientology Film From Oscar Winner

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
That same website (Crazy Days and Nights) in an earlier post did mention that Leah Remini was interviewed and Jason Beghe was "rumored to be interviewed for the film".
http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2...about-scientology-in-new-hbo-documentary.html

True, Type4_PTS, which is why I was a bit confused when CDAN subsequently wrote that 8 ex-members would appear in the documentary and neither Remini nor Beghe's name appeared among the eight.

I don't know how trustworthy CDAN is, although they did post a 'blind item' about Leah Remini leaving Co$ roughly 9-10 months prior to The Underground Bunker breaking the news in July 2013.

People who have received their pre-invitations/invitations to Sundance received minimal info about the films to be screened, and I didn't see any additional info on those invitations not already available on the 'net. That's why I'm asking folks here. :)

JB

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
True, Type4_PTS, which is why I was a bit confused when CDAN subsequently wrote that 8 ex-members would appear in the documentary and neither Remini nor Beghe's name appeared among the eight.

I don't know how trustworthy CDAN is, although they did post a 'blind item' about Leah Remini leaving Co$ roughly 9-10 months prior to The Underground Bunker breaking the news in July 2013.

People who have received their pre-invitations/invitations to Sundance received minimal info about the films to be screened, and I didn't see any additional info on those invitations not already available on the 'net. That's why I'm asking folks here. :)

There doesn't seem to be much info coming out about this as yet other than the bits and pieces we've heard. Those who know aren't talking.

:waiting:

Last edited:

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
There doesn't seem to be much info coming about this as yet other than the bits and pieces we've heard. Those who know aren't talking.

:waiting:

How rude. :biggrin:

attachment.php

Attachments

• funny-kids026-11032013 (600).jpg
    funny-kids026-11032013 (600).jpg
    43 KB · Views: 97

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Interestling, in addition to "Going Clear" being shown at Sundance, another documentary on the FLDS sect is also on the roster.

Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief (Director: Alex Gibney) — This intimately profiles eight former members of the Church of Scientology, shining a light on how true believers are attracted and the things they do in the name of religion.

Prophet’s Prey / U.S.A. (Director: Amy Berg) — When Warren Jeffs rose to prophet of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, he bridged the gap between sister wives and ecclesiastically justified rape, befuddling the moral compass of his entire congregation.

http://deadline.com/2014/12/sundanc...ucas-debut-curt-cobain-lena-dunham-1201315469

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Not sure how valid the list is, as it's supposed to be kept under wraps, but I think there will be comments or statements included in the documentary by Jason Beghe, Leah Remini, Spanky Taylor, Mark Headly & Marty Rathbun ( Re: auditing and care of celebs) as well as Michael Fairman, Christian Stolte, Larry Anderson, Diana Canova.

I can't imagine Neil Gaiman and Amanda Palmer saying anything negative, as both have family still in and would be risking disconnection should they do so.

The Presleys: should be interesting to see if one or both speak up. Last I saw, Lisa Marie's daughter was still a scientologist and also in a serious relationship with one.

Mimi Rogers may say more about Scientology's treatment and expectations of celebrities, now that her old friend Karen Black has since passed away. Mimi's ex-husband, Jim Rogers, used to be Karen's manager at one time. They weretogether for this Hitchcock event in 2012

AFI FEST 2012 Presented By Audi - "Hitchcock" Premiere - Red Carpet
Karen+Black+Mimi+Rogers+DpRNTPt6BXTm.jpg

155168383-actors-lainie-kazan-karen-black-and-mimi-gettyimages.jpg

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Not sure how valid the list is, as it's supposed to be kept under wraps, but I think there will be comments or statements included in the documentary by Jason Beghe, Leah Remini, Spanky Taylor, Mark Headly & Marty Rathbun ( Re: auditing and care of celebs) as well as Michael Fairman, Christian Stolte, Larry Anderson, Diana Canova.

Now, there's a name I haven't heard about in awhile.

https://www.facebook.com/diana.canova.9

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
Neil Gaiman was Declared in the 1980s but did his A-E steps so that he could maintain contact with his family, who are deeply embedded in the cult.

Ever since he got back in good standing he has refused to be involved with Scientology but he avoids any negative comments about it for the sake of his relationship with his family. Therefore, I can't see him being involved with this.

Lord Xenu

Patron Meritorious
Neil Gaiman was Declared in the 1980s but did his A-E steps so that he could maintain contact with his family, who are deeply embedded in the cult.

Ever since he got back in good standing he has refused to be involved with Scientology but he avoids any negative comments about it for the sake of his relationship with his family. Therefore, I can't see him being involved with this.

But if his ex wife has disconnected from him, does that mean that his other scieno relatives have to as well? If a scieno disconnects from a family member does that mean the non scienio is an 'SP'?

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron

But if his ex wife has disconnected from him, does that mean that his other scieno relatives have to as well? If a scieno disconnects from a family member does that mean the non scienio is an 'SP'?

Sorry but I don't understand the questions.

Has his ex wife disconnected from him? Who is the non scienio? Can you rephrase the questions please?:confused2:

Lord Xenu

Patron Meritorious
Sorry but I don't understand the questions.

Has his ex wife disconnected from him? Who is the non scienio? Can you rephrase the questions please?:confused2:

Sorry if that's not clear TE. I had read in the articles about the forthcoming HBO documentary that his [Neil's] ex wife has disconnected from him. If Neil is not a Scientologist then my question is will the rest of his [scientology] family disconnect from him because if his ex wife has disconnected then is he [Neil] considered an SP? Or alternatively can a scientologist disconnect from you but you [the wog] are not necessarily considered to be an SP by other scientologists?

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron

Sorry if that's not clear TE. I had read in the articles about the forthcoming HBO documentary that his [Neil's] ex wife has disconnected from him. If Neil is not a Scientologist then my question is will the rest of his [scientology] family disconnect from him because if his ex wife has disconnected then is he [Neil] considered an SP? Or alternatively can a scientologist disconnect from you but you [the wog] are not necessarily considered to be an SP by other scientologists?

Oh, I see. I didn't read the article so I don't know about his ex wife disconnecting from him. That doesn't sound right to me. I don't know why she would do that.

Anyway, I don't think he is a wog. He was brought up in a Scientology family, he has an auditing folder, an ethics folder etc. He just isn't on-lines, that's all.

If any scientologist has been told to disconnect from him then I would assume that would apply to all scientologists. But this just doesn't ring true to me. He has a huge scientology family and it would be a major problem if they had to disconnect from him.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Tony O posted at the Bunker some additional details about the Sundance Film Festival, including this submission by the producers of the Going Clear film by the Producers:

Following Mea Maxima Culpa, his investigation into the Catholic Church, Academy Award-winner Alex Gibney turns his gaze to Scientology in Going Clear, based on the book of the same name by Pulitzer Prize-winning author Lawrence Wright.

Gibney profiles eight former members of the Church of Scientology, whose most prominent adherents include A-list Hollywood celebrities, shining a light on how the church cultivates true believers, including their experiences and what they are willing to do in the name of religion. The film covers a broad range of material from the church’s origins—punctuated by an intimate portrait of founder L. Ron Hubbard—to present-day practices and alleged abuses as reported in the media.

A true master of his craft, Gibney returns to the Sundance Film Festival for the tenth time with a film that no one is going to want to miss. Fearless and fascinating, this latest cinematic opus from the man Esquire dubbed “the most important documentarian of our time” is a powerful exploration of the psychological impact of blind faith—what Lawrence Wright calls the “prison of belief.”

http://tonyortega.org/2014/12/16/sc...dge-keep-mike-rinder-away-from-us/#more-18678

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Quote Originally Posted by ILove2Lurk View Post
. . .
An unknown guru once said:

If you tell the truth, it becomes a part of your past.
If you lie, it becomes a part of your future.
[/INDENT]

^^ Is *exactly* what OSA counts on, when they spread
their endless FLAT OUT LIES about ex members. They *are* Lies....and they THINK (incorrectly, OSA mops)
that IF they spread enough lies about s/one....no one will listen or want to talk with them.

What they've missed is that style of "Fair Game" USED to work, when the "$cientology-Truman show" was LOCKED IN.:eyeroll:

However, with the Net----who ends up F*cked? The Phony "church" of $cientology....each time
PROVING they are exactly what we, and earlier Judge Breckenridge and others, have said:
"$cientology is a mafia-like organization" (Google it if you haven't read his full write up---it's fantastic!) :yes:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh this says it SO well: http://www.timemachinego.com/linkmachinego/2008/02/15/oh-fuck-the-internet-is-here/ (In case you cannot see it, it's an Anonymous photo they posted early on:

"Oh FUCK! The Internet is Here!" :omg::omg::omg::omg:
((and photos of tons of Anons and great signs))
:clap::clap::clap::omg::omg::omg: :clap::clap::clap::happydance:

Love to ALL :)

Tory/Magoo

PS: If you don't think so, go to Tony Ortega's site...and watch this happening just a few days ago:
http://tonyortega.org/2014/12/14/an...-of-marty-rathbun-with-louis-theroux-present/
and here's Marc about it, after:
http://tonyortega.org/2014/12/15/mo...o-intimidate-marty-rathbun-and-louis-theroux/

Good job, OSA, on another EPIC FAIL!! :cheers:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
[/INDENT]^^ Is *exactly* what OSA counts on, when they spread
their endless FLAT OUT LIES about ex members. They *are* Lies....and they THINK (incorrectly, OSA mops)
that IF they spread enough lies about s/one....no one will listen or want to talk with them.

What they've missed is that style of "Fair Game" USED to work, when the "$cientology-Truman show" was LOCKED IN.:eyeroll:

However, with the Net----who ends up F*cked? The Phony "church" of $cientology....each time
PROVING they are exactly what we, and earlier Judge Breckenridge and others, have said:
"$cientology is a mafia-like organization" (Google it if you haven't read his full write up---it's fantastic!) :yes:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh this says it SO well: http://www.timemachinego.com/linkmachinego/2008/02/15/oh-fuck-the-internet-is-here/ (In case you cannot see it, it's an Anonymous photo they posted early on:

"Oh FUCK! The Internet is Here!" :omg::omg::omg::omg:
((and photos of tons of Anons and great signs))
:clap::clap::clap::omg::omg::omg: :clap::clap::clap::happydance:

Love to ALL :)

Tory/Magoo

Here it is. :yes:

ohfuck_zps6ac075ae.jpg

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Here it is. :yes:

ohfuck_zps6ac075ae.jpg

^^ I think this sign (and the concept re the Net, including
ALL of the peeps who have been able to see the facts and get out/not join, including ex's, critics, Anonymous
and the Indies..and even Scios still "in") IS

the #1 thing that has created THE Biggest Downfall of C of $.
((Granted, with great respect I say this always keeping in mind the
many, many peeps who left all alone in the night, courageously speaking out
and exposing $cientology without the Net or any support at all)). Those people
started all of this, building the very road we all walk on, imnsho.

ALL are to be thanked, who have and do help expose the abuses of this phony, fraudulent
business pretending to be a "religion". :thumbsup::clap::yes:

Happy Hanukkah to ALL :cheers:
Happy Holidays! :flowers2:

Tory/Magoo

PS: Thank you, Type4_PTS for the full photo :)

woglesbo

Patron
I read on 1 of the blogs either Ortega or Rinder ...that Anonymous is doing an anniversary protest on Scientology on Feb. 15 world wide. Anyone if this is true?

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
I read on 1 of the blogs either Ortega or Rinder ...that Anonymous is doing an anniversary protest on Scientology on Feb. 15 world wide. Anyone if this is true?

I've heard rumors of the same.

Any Anons here who can confirm this? :confused2: It's a **great** idea! :cheers:

:flowers2:

Tory/Magoo

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .
Ridley Scott, Oscar nominee and award winning director/producer jumps in . . .

Ridley Scott
to produce miniseries on rocket scientist, occultist
Jack Parsons for AMC (Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead).

View attachment 8935
AMC_logo_1.jpg

http://boingboing.net/2014/10/28/ridley-scott-to-produce-minise.html

"Parsons came to join and eventually lead the Lodge. He moved it to Pasadena, in a residence whose rooms he rented to other lodge members, including L. Ron Hubbard. The Lodge was the scene not only of many occult rituals, but also hedonistic parties involving alcohol and orgies. Hubbard would soon seduce Parson's girlfriend, convince him to invest in the new couple's sham yacht transporting business, and use those funds to found the Church of Scientology.

"While a feature film would be far too short to convey the many complex and engaging details of Parsons's life, a miniseries makes a lot of sense. In the hands of Ridley Scott, I expect that this production will reach a very high bar."

http://www.indiewire.com/article/wa...s-about-jack-parsons-will-be-bonkers-20141022

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
Considering the hairdo this would be the chance for David Miscavige to play the lead character.... :coolwink: