What's new

A small part of my story

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Div6 - yeah I guess I did have a sort of a death wish. I know you were being humorous but I really did want to see if the SO was the sort of place that valued the truth. Oh well. Appreciate, very much, your kind words

WPRT - sorry to hear about your father. I think a lot of exes go through mental agony because every setback, every loss throws us into "what if they are right?". It took me a long time to realize that life is just like that.

My wife and I and our son live in a nice place with our animals out in the country, we have a lot of fun, we have very little spare money and we have, thanks in large part to XSO and on here - some truly wonderful friends. It has been hard work to get here, we have had triumphs and disasters and neither the successes or the losses had anything at all to do with Scientology.

FTS - thank you for your kind words, really appreciated.

If anyone reading the story has had a tough time after getting out and a tough time talking about it to other exes - feel free to PM me. We have been through it.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Mick,

I've told a number of people about this thread. I think it should be encouraged or even required reading for any Scn'ist or anyone thinking of critiquing the subject or organization.

I have always liked your posts- even when I was first on a.r.s. and we were totally not getting along. I could tell you were and are a sharp cookie.

I think you've got a lot of guts and integrity

nowout

Patron with Honors
Mick,

Thanks very much for your story, it's completely amazing what you and Nancy have lived through.

My heartfelt thanks to you and Emma for establishing the means so that these stories now can see the light of day and the truths are coming out. Having a view from the other side of the "world" allows things to click into place in terms of the overall story.

What is incredibly sad is that your story is of "the good old days" (not to take anything away from it) and it got a lot worse, according to those who got out later.

diablo

Patron
Div6 - yeah I guess I did have a sort of a death wish. I know you were being humorous but I really did want to see if the SO was the sort of place that valued the truth. Oh well. Appreciate, very much, your kind words

WPRT - sorry to hear about your father. I think a lot of exes go through mental agony because every setback, every loss throws us into "what if they are right?". It took me a long time to realize that life is just like that.

My wife and I and our son live in a nice place with our animals out in the country, we have a lot of fun, we have very little spare money and we have, thanks in large part to XSO and on here - some truly wonderful friends. It has been hard work to get here, we have had triumphs and disasters and neither the successes or the losses had anything at all to do with Scientology.

FTS - thank you for your kind words, really appreciated.

If anyone reading the story has had a tough time after getting out and a tough time talking about it to other exes - feel free to PM me. We have been through it.
Wow, you are very brabe, we salute you! :) Balls of steal you are. I know how desperate one is after SO with only one hand on the front and other on the back. So glad you are outside and doing better, hope so much better now. :) Have a nice day.

totallyblown:)

Thank you for your story.
I have been out of Scientology for a year now and feel so happy - I can't believe that I fell for all of that stuff... so many sticky fish-hooks. Difficult.

Well done to you for your tenacity and inner strength.
Nothing, NOTHING can break the human spirit and you people seem to be strong and happy.
Life is such a great journey and these things come along to teach us what we need to know about ourselves and then we can move on.
sending you all the best
x:thumbsup:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Larose. You've been a member since December 2007, but this is your first post. Are you going to say anything else before 2011? :).

Like a story maybe. . . ?

Paul

Mockingbird6

Patron with Honors
Well, I did!

Well, I did just read all the posts in this thread (thanks for bringing it into Today's Posts, Winston).

My reaction: I did not particularly care for Mick Wenlock's posts before this. But while reading his story I could see why he is so negative, and then I suddenly had this surge of, "I love every one on this board no matter how negative you are!" Whoa, give me a chair to hang on to while I stand up to exit the room!...

Human Again

Silver Meritorious Patron
Then early one morning - around 2 am, I was woken up - I was sleeping in some men's dorm up on the 7th floor of Big Blue. It was Rae Mathieson - an old old friend, he had been the ED of HAPI when I first got into Scientology. He told me I was going to be holding his post for a couple of weeks while he went on some RTC mission. I told him he was out of his fucking mind, WDC FSO was "waiting for me to get through the clearances" and then Rae showed me the telex from WDC FSO saying it was OK but that I was to be "sessionable" - bit of a joke considering it was close to 3 am..

And then Jens Uhrskov arrives to tell me that he and I are going on Mission. A mission so confidential that there are no written mission orders, it is going to be verbal briefing only.

Rae Mathieson .... This must have been the mission to ANZO when I got to meet Rae! I have to admit to a small crush on Rae... who was almost old enough then to be my father! It was also the beginning of my desire to become an RTC Missionaire... ee Gads! How the joke turned on me! I hope Rae is out and doing well. He was a gentleman in time and place when Gentlemen were few and far between.

And what a cliff hanger to leave the story on!

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
Mick, I have enjoyed your presence on ESMB, but had been remiss about reading your story until now. :wow: That was something. Thanks for telling it.

I believe it was the outcome of this proceeding with the IRS that was one of the triggers for the launching of the IAS. John Stannard (at that time with the National PR Office in DC and Sylvia's husband) told us that the day AFTER the IAS was announced, the IRS came to him and told him that they (the IRS) would grant 501(c)3 tax exempt status to the IAS (which would mean the IAS would have to REPORT to the IRS). The implied significance was that the Gov't wanted CONTROL of Scn. They eventually got it, as outlined in the secret closing agreement, making DM a Tax Compliance Agent within the CoS.
:ohmy: Why did the government want control of Scn? Now that they have control of Scn what are they doing with it?

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Well, I did just read all the posts in this thread (thanks for bringing it into Today's Posts, Winston).

My reaction: I did not particularly care for Mick Wenlock's posts before this. But while reading his story I could see why he is so negative, and then I suddenly had this surge of, "I love every one on this board no matter how negative you are!" Whoa, give me a chair to hang on to while I stand up to exit the room!...

wow, imagine how unimpressed I am by you!!:happydance:

Mockingbird6

Patron with Honors
But that's just the point!

wow, imagine how unimpressed I am by you!!:happydance:

But Mick, that's just the point, it doesn't matter what you feel toward me, I have what I feel toward you! I think Roger would say I have had an AE.
Love, (and you can throw that away but it still doesn't matter), M6

Div6

Crusader
Mick, I have enjoyed your presence on ESMB, but had been remiss about reading your story until now. :wow: That was something. Thanks for telling it.

:ohmy: Why did the government want control of Scn? Now that they have control of Scn what are they doing with it?

Well, one school of thought is that they wanted to shut down, or control, the "making of OT's". This idea was originated by LRH in (if I recall correctly) the "Politics, Freedom From" Policy Letter.

This also fits in with a recurring script that Hubbard ran, being a "rescuer", in this case "of the people" from an "opressive government". This is also the underlying subtext of the OT III incident, where Hubbard and his "loyal officers" are out to reverse the damage caused by Xenu and his renegades.

Further, it allowed Hubbard (and consequently the CoS) to postion themselves as "vicitms" of "conspiracies" and thereby continue an excuse for "no results" and anything goes type activities against [ercieved enemies of 'mankinds only hope'.

If the US govt DOES have control of Scn now, they would simply try to turn it in to a new age type religion, and change things up so that no OT's get made. It is fine with them if it takes a billion years to clear this planet....they figure they will be long gone by then, and not have to confront their continuing overt acts. Or so they think.

Any way, I realize this is kind of rambling, but I just got back from the deep freeze outside, and am warming up....