What's new

Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a follow up to my earlier post today, isn't Scientology upper and middle management full of Boston alumni? I know of two Cl V Org EDs who were on staff here. I have always been led to believe that Boston Scientology is the be all and end all. Isn't ED 339R the birthday game reference all about Boston?? Come on people, it's no fun being an UTR mole if no one cares anymore!

I'd love to see a Day/Fdn staff list. Even a rough one from memory. Who is there and what are they doing?
 
Ah, found it.

to repost:

Day org staff: Graham Parker, JJ Wycoff, Dale Sherlock, Elaine Merkle, Wesley Boucher, Bob Fiftal, Nils Hansen, Nick Griest, Mark Baritz, Gillian Aldrich, Pete Ceslinski, Kevin Hall, Linda Colburn, a few expeditors.

Fnd staff: Heather Landrey, Chelsea Reckis, Paul Bradford, Susie Dupre, Elizabeth Dupre, Rick Hickey, Tracey Newman, Buzz Newman, Greg Chase, Lydia Alvita, Janice Plumb, Greg Gregorian. Not sure if these folks are still on but were in the last five years or so: Nancy Hickey, Michael Harrison, James Harrison, Peggy Harrison, Karen Harrison, Chris Garrison, John Kennedy.


Wow. Is that it for Day? I know Elaine is gone too.

When I was around, Day or was always bigger than Fdn. Never made sense to me why that was. But they always had more staff and made more money.

If you happen to know, I'd love to see what posts these people hold, or roughly what div they are in.
 
The way Day got big is they grabbed people who should have been Foundation. That practice fell away.


Ah, found it.

to repost:

Day org staff: Graham Parker, JJ Wycoff, Dale Sherlock, Elaine Merkle, Wesley Boucher, Bob Fiftal, Nils Hansen, Nick Griest, Mark Baritz, Gillian Aldrich, Pete Ceslinski, Kevin Hall, Linda Colburn, a few expeditors.

Fnd staff: Heather Landrey, Chelsea Reckis, Paul Bradford, Susie Dupre, Elizabeth Dupre, Rick Hickey, Tracey Newman, Buzz Newman, Greg Chase, Lydia Alvita, Janice Plumb, Greg Gregorian. Not sure if these folks are still on but were in the last five years or so: Nancy Hickey, Michael Harrison, James Harrison, Peggy Harrison, Karen Harrison, Chris Garrison, John Kennedy.


Wow. Is that it for Day? I know Elaine is gone too.

When I was around, Day or was always bigger than Fdn. Never made sense to me why that was. But they always had more staff and made more money.

If you happen to know, I'd love to see what posts these people hold, or roughly what div they are in.
 
I remember Paul Bradford. Seemed very mild-mannered when I knew him.

Kevin Hall I knew a little better. Always had a smile on his face, listened to really good music, and quite affable. I never saw a dark side to him, but then, we all have dark sides, and I'm sure he's no different.

Graham Parker is from my hometown. I introduced him to Scientology while I was a declared SP, and he joined staff when I left and joined the Army. That was more than twenty years ago. He was and probably remains a very good, decent person. I am very surprised he is still involved in the Church. I would really love to talk to him now, hear about his journey. As Spock would say, "I am and always have been your friend."
 
I was very young and being groomed for management for a while, until they realized I'd probably never stop smoking pot and dropping acid whenever I could.

Probably, behind my back, they were driving the knives in.
 
I know of a few execs that smoked pot and dropped acid. It didn't stop them from becoming execs. Same with some OT 8's.

I think it is more likely you would not manageable as an exec. Other than having dilated pupils and red eyes, most probably wouldn't notice.:coolwink:

But then again....



I was very young and being groomed for management for a while, until they realized I'd probably never stop smoking pot and dropping acid whenever I could.

Probably, behind my back, they were driving the knives in.
 
I know of a few execs that smoked pot and dropped acid. It didn't stop them from becoming execs. Same with some OT 8's.

I think it is more likely you would not manageable as an exec. Other than having dilated pupils and red eyes, most probably wouldn't notice.:coolwink:

But then again....
This is something that has really shocked me, the amount of drug-taking going on while people were on course or solo-auditing or working on staff etc. I was read the riot-act by Pam Hurwitz (she was Pam Thorne then) about my dope-smoking and acid taking while I was public and thinking of joining staff, and once I joined staff I never gave any kind of drug another thought.

My goal in scientology was to attain some 'higher level of awareness', or a 'deep insight into the secrets of the universe' (if I want to sound like a pompous pratt). I didn't think that being stoned out of my mind or having bizarre hallucinations while taking acid was going to help me in my quest, so I just quit taking drugs.

Since I've been on ESMB I've noticed that this isn't a view universally shared. Perhaps I was taking the whole thing much too seriously.
 
This is something that has really shocked me, the amount of drug-taking going on while people were on course or solo-auditing or working on staff etc. I was read the riot-act by Pam Hurwitz (she was Pam Thorne then) about my dope-smoking and acid taking while I was public and thinking of joining staff, and once I joined staff I never gave any kind of drug another thought.

My goal in scientology was to attain some 'higher level of awareness', or a 'deep insight into the secrets of the universe' (if I want to sound like a pompous pratt). I didn't think that being stoned out of my mind or having bizarre hallucinations while taking acid was going to help me in my quest, so I just quit taking drugs.

Since I've been on ESMB I've noticed that this isn't a view universally shared. Perhaps I was taking the whole thing much too seriously.

I got yelled at for it, I got put in lower conditions frequently, etc. I don't see the conflict, here. Pot-smoking doesn't put me in a haze (I am aware it does this to some people), and it CERTAINLY doesn't make me less aware or in a lower emotional "tone". The only bad side effect I ever had from smoking pot was having to hide it from people, leading to the feeling of paranoia. People would assume I was less competent when they found out I was high or liked to get high, even though my stats were better than theirs, etc. You'd think that my performance should have been the measure, but apparently, people's ideas won't allow them to see the performance. As for acid, I didn't take it while on a shift, but I did trip sometimes when I went home on weekends. I didn't consider it the tilt-a-whirl ride that many people did (I could enjoy that aspect), but instead considered it a way to "bypass" my normal ways of thinking, take off my filters for a while, and it was a sort of spiritual yoga for me. I don't think it impaired me in any way, except temporarily with regard to my certainty about my senses. When I read what Ron had to say about "the drug personality", I thought it was stupid. I had known too many different people who took LSD or pot or other drugs, and they didn't share a common personality, nor were they irresponsible as was inferred by those materials. Once I got out of the Church and found out about Hubbard's own drug use, I realized it was the "Bolt from the Blue" that he didn't want to talk about when he said he had "somehow risen above the bank", etc.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top