What's new

Can You Be a Christian Scientologist? (Juliette Lewis Says YES in New Interview)

Nah.

You can't be Anything and be a Scientologist at the same time.
You just can't. It's PR. You can't be even yourself while being Scientologist.
I've tried. It's dark. Even for me.
 
Amen

You can't be Anything and be a Scientologist at the same time.
You just can't. It's PR. You can't be even yourself while being Scientologist.
I've tried. It's dark. Even for me.

Stat: I think you've got it 100% right.:thumbsup:
 
The 10 Points of Keeping Christian Scientology Working.
(aka the Bridge from beginning to end for a Christian)
​
1. Christian-Scientologist reads stuff by Hubbard about peace on earth and love and a world without war and thinks: "Wow, this is just like Jesus!"

2. Christian-Scientologist reads stuff by Hubbard about Jesus being an evil implant to destroy any hope of spiritual salvation and thinks: "Wow, this is completely the opposite of Jesus!"

3. Christian-Scientologist is handed a dictionary and told to find their Misunderstood Words because of disagreement.

4. Christian-Scientologist is sent to Ethics to do Doubt when they cannot decide whether to leave the "other practice" (Christianity)

5. Christian-Scientologist has to do PTS handling to locate SP that is causing their rollercoaster and hangup at Doubt. .

6. Christian-Scientologist blows org and is hunted down like an animal.

7. Christian-Scientologist goes to Church and prays that Scientology will leave them alone.

8. Christian-Scientologist is forced to sign waiver of liability forms to CoS out of fear that their secrets will be revealed publicly.

9. Christian-Scientologist is terrorized and coerced into writing a Success Story about how Scientology and Christianity work so well together.

10. Christian-Scientologist, out of fear, never says another word about Scientology ever again, proving that.....Scientology can "work" for Christians the same as it works for Scientologists.​
 
That's the end of story??

We should just take her answers at face value? And accept that she believes people are actually confusing Hubbard's science fiction writing with his writings on scientology?

Her beliefs are HERS.

What YOU choose to believe is up to you. The fact that you are apparently fixated on the wrongness of HER beliefs says a great deal more about your own state of mind than it does about hers.

Think about it.


Mark A. Baker
 
"I cannot believe people are still fudging around the alien Xenu stories.

Before the internet one could get away with that ....like maybe in the 70's and 80's, but now?? Now they just look silly when they deny it.

Do celebs not see the internet, read the paper or watch TV?? "


Good little scientologists do not read entheta or listen to it.

They have been convinced to insulate themselves from all the "bad" things.

Most people, I'd bet, weren't reading the books, articles, interviews available " out there" while they were doing their bridge or being on staff.
Just wasn't done standing in the middle of Truman Show drinking the koolaid. ---back then for us......or now for them.

Getting out ain't always fast.....or easy.
 
Her beliefs are HERS.

What YOU choose to believe is up to you. The fact that you are apparently fixated on the wrongness of HER beliefs says a great deal more about your own state of mind than it does about hers.

Think about it.


Mark A. Baker

Actually, the Cof$ is going to fixate on Juliette Lewis. She can have her christian beliefs as a p.r. stooge right up until she is no longer of use or she is sec checked for being off policy. The upper OT levels are the final solution to freedom of thought. She has to either comply or blow. $ci only allows $ci.
 
Her beliefs are HERS.

What YOU choose to believe is up to you. The fact that you are apparently fixated on the wrongness of HER beliefs says a great deal more about your own state of mind than it does about hers.

Think about it.


Mark A. Baker

The fact remains that it's not about her 'beliefs'. It's that from what she says about Scientology, she, the 'scientologist' is either ignorant or lying.

Zinj
 
The fact remains that it's not about her 'beliefs'. It's that from what she says about Scientology, she, the 'scientologist' is either ignorant or lying.

{MAB -emphasis added}

Zinj

Quite frankly I can say the same thing about all but a small handful of christians I've known. Few christians have even a minimal knowledge of the actual foundations of their "professed faith". They go instead by the doctrines & prejudices of which they have been taught. Many of those who do have some knowledge of the origin of the faith are instead complicit in spreading the myths.

Hypocrisy, deceit, misrepresentation, and ignorance are not religious innovations which originated with the Co$.


Mark A. Baker
 
Quite frankly I can say the same thing about all but a small handful of christians I've known. Few christians have even a minimal knowledge of the actual foundations of their "professed faith". They go instead by the doctrines & prejudices of which they have been taught. Many of those who do have some knowledge of the origin of the faith are instead complicit in spreading the myths.

Hypocrisy, deceit, misrepresentation, and ignorance are not religious innovations which originated with the Co$.


Mark A. Baker

Luckily for you, Scientology is the first 'religion' to elevate such talents to virtues.

Zinj
 
When I was a Scientologist I considered Christianity my heritage and Scientology my religion. The question was about the Christian holidays not about faith. I think she is being honest.

As far as the Xenu question....well she gave the answer right out of the "What is Scientology?" catechism. She probably believes this as well. Even if she's done the level it wouldn't be likely that she thinks the stories being circulated are accurate, especially since an accurate version would be very dangerous for humans to read or hear. So the PR answer is truly the greatest good from a Scientologists point of view.

I like her. I think she will buck eventually. It's not her fault she was raised in the cult.
 
Juliette Lewis a few years ago was a cute little air head running around CC.

Now she is treated as a celeb by the C o $ and doesn't see anything except the celeb treatment she gets.

The C o $ has to keep lining up new celebs to trot out when the old ones fall off the lines or blow up and go public.

Juliette will remain a spokesperson of sorts as long as she is pliable and does as OSA says.

And OSA can get stupider than a brick wall with some of their programs :)
 
Last edited:
When I was a Scientologist I considered Christianity my heritage and Scientology my religion. The question was about the Christian holidays not about faith. I think she is being honest.

As far as the Xenu question....well she gave the answer right out of the "What is Scientology?" catechism. She probably believes this as well. Even if she's done the level it wouldn't be likely that she thinks the stories being circulated are accurate, especially since an accurate version would be very dangerous for humans to read or hear. So the PR answer is truly the greatest good from a Scientologists point of view.

I like her. I think she will buck eventually. It's not her fault she was raised in the cult.

I like her too. There have been a number of occurrences that seem to have her showing the patented 'attack' mode, but in general, I enjoy her work. So, I'm willing to go with the 'ignorant rather than dishonest' theory.

Naturally, willingness to *remain* and even protect ignorance is also a Scientology 'virtue' :)

Zinj
 
I like her too. There have been a number of occurrences that seem to have her showing the patented 'attack' mode, but in general, I enjoy her work. So, I'm willing to go with the 'ignorant rather than dishonest' theory.

Naturally, willingness to *remain* and even protect ignorance is also a Scientology 'virtue' :)

Zinj

Absolutely! I remember it well. :coolwink:
 
Her beliefs are HERS.

What YOU choose to believe is up to you. The fact that you are apparently fixated on the wrongness of HER beliefs says a great deal more about your own state of mind than it does about hers.

Think about it.


Mark A. Baker

You can believe whatever you want but when you become a public figure and then spokesperson for the Church of Scientology, then you better know WTF you're talking about, make sense?
 
You can believe whatever you want but when you become a public figure and then spokesperson for the Church of Scientology, then you better know WTF you're talking about, make sense?

That's unfair Synthia! Requiring Scientology Spokesclams to *know* that they're lying would put them at a disadvantage.

Zinj
 
That's unfair Synthia! Requiring Scientology Spokesclams to *know* that they're lying would put them at a disadvantage.

Zinj
That's true, Zinj. Ignorance is not only a virtue when speaking for the CofS, it's also a blessing.
A cast-in-stone GO/OSA adage = "Info must never tell PR more than it needs to know".
 
As soon as the subject becomes Scientology and Xenu, JL, who is 37 years old, starts lying.

I’m not sure how to segue into this, so I’ll just come out and ask. You’re a Scientologist, right?
I am, yeah.
Do you celebrate Christmas? I’ve never been sure about that. Does Christmas count as a Scientology holiday?
Oh yeah. We absolutely celebrate Christmas.
So you have a tree with ornaments and eggnog and presents and Christmas carols that aren’t about Xenu?
I’m a Christian! I think there’s so much confusion because people don’t understand a religion where you can be another religion but you can still practice Scientology. That’s why it’s completely progressive. It’s just tools for living. It’s about understanding one’s self and others and compassion and how to communicate better and how to live in this troubled society. It’s really basic, common sense stuff. It has nothing to do with all this funny folklore that surrounds it. You could be a Jewish Scientologist or a Buddhist Scientologist or a Christian Scientologist or anything else.
Do you believe your ancestors were reincarnated aliens?
That’s not been a part of my experience, no. (Laughs.)
So... you don’t believe you came from aliens?
I was thinking about where that idea came from, and I was like, “Oh, maybe it’s because [L. Ron] Hubbard was a successful science fiction writer, so they’re confusing his science fiction with his other studies that have nothing to do with science fiction.” It’s like you thinking I might punch somebody in the face because I played somebody who punched somebody in the face in a movie.
That’s actually a pretty good analogy. I wasn’t expecting that.
I’m used to misconceptions. And honestly, I don’t care to explain Scientology to people. You can investigate it on your own. It’s not that difficult. There are Web sites and all sorts of resources. The one thing that troubles me is when rumor becomes hatred and prejudice towards a group of people. That’s when it becomes scary, when you have people trying to take away other people’s right to practice a religion of your own choosing.
You’re taking all the fun out of mocking Scientology.
My experience is, there’s nothing alarming or inhibitive about Scientology. I don’t find it judgmental. I can’t speak for somebody else’s experience. It’s just my own.

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/oscars/2010/12/juliette-lewis.html

This interview demonstrates why Scientology, as a doctrine, regards deceit as an acceptable tactic. It "works." Well, not all the time, but enough of the time, from the Scientology perspective, and those occasions when it does "work" are regarded as "wins."

In the above, JL lies, and lies repeatedly, so why would anyone assume that JL, who was born and raised in a Scientology family, would be telling the truth - in an otherwise stream of lies - when she blurts out that she's a Christian?
 
Last edited:
You can believe whatever you want but when you become a public figure and then spokesperson for the Church of Scientology, then you better know WTF you're talking about, make sense?

Nice ideal. In reality humans don't work that way.

Colin Powell waved a vial of powder at the u.n. calling it anthrax and further testified that the u.s. MUST attack Iraq because of the "close ties" Iraq had to al Qaeda and in order to prevent an attack using WMD. :eyeroll:

I'll give him only this much credit, when he wised up he resigned.

Lewis is just another pretty face who some people find useful to sell their products and others believe to be trustworthy because she is pretty. More fool them. If she wants to call herself a christian scientologist then that's her right.

What you ought to ask yourself is: why does that matter to you?


Mark A. Baker
 
Top