What's new

Cognition re: Anonymous

Tom of Helatrobus

Patron Meritorious
I posted the following text on the Colorado Anonymous website (www.coanon.org) while discussing the purpose of Anonymous. I finally got what Anonymous was about (at least in part). I used to wonder why tons of kids would show up in front of the Church of Scientology and caper about dancing to "Never gonna give you up." Well, now I'm not wondering any more - the reason is: Scientology is crazy.

Oh!

I think I finally get it - the whole Anon thing. Let me see if I got this right? Protesting Scientology is lutz (fun) because Scientology is so absurd. The whole Xenu story, Tom Cruise jumping on the couch and even the stuff that isn't funny at all, such as the RPF and fair game is still absurd just because it so weird, but real at the same time. Really I can understand that. Scientology is totally strange and weird with the whole OSA thing - Scientologists running around, pretending to be secret agents. I'll admit its absurd - and my memories of having been in Scientology seem surreal at times.

Our local Scientologists have contributed to this absurdity by video taping, and photographing Anonymous, following them around, calling the police on them when Anonymous wasn't even committing any crimes. Even the letter I got from the Church of Scientology where they threatened to call the police on me if committed any legal acts is, in itself, an absurd act. And what is funny about Anonymous' response is that Anonymous annoys and taunts Scientology in an absurd way. Really in the most absurd way possible - dancing to Rick Ashley music while parading in front of Churches of Scientology wearing Guy Fawks mask.

In this crazy, crazy world, it does seem appropriate to counter the absurdity of Scientology with an equally absurd response. And I can see how that can be fun. So, my advice, if you want to have more fun taunting and annoying Scientology, then look to and point out the absurdity in Scientology.

62325053_a8e032d751.jpg

This image of L. Ron Hubbard is, in itself, enough reason to justify the existence of Anonymous. I mean, think about this - he is measuring a tomato with an e-meter. What is he going to do next? Audit the tomato? Does the tomato have "mental mass" as he calls it? Will the tomato go "past life" in session and remember that it was a carrot in it's past life? Will the tomato go clear? Will the tomato then move onto OT levels and audit out "tomato thetans?" Do tomatoes on Earth has a correlating Xenu type story?

What the fuck is going on here? And what the hell is with that expression on his face? Does he expect anyone to believe that he is a sophisticated man of science? He's looking at the tomato like he's expecting the tomato to say something. Is this trying to keep his TRs in with this tomato? Was this important tomato research published in the journal of horticulture or something? Journal of pre-clear tomatoes? Did this tomato attest and write a success story? Does the tomato feel more "at cause over life"? My I remind you this is a real picture that I have seen in Scientology publications. How absurd is that?

DavidM

Patron with Honors
Yes, the absurdity of it all definitely adds appeal to the protests. Anonymous loves to troll people who take themselves far too seriously, and the CoS is an extreme example of that.

It's no ordinary rally, you have bullbaiters, anti-anonymous black pr flyerers, OSA handlers and photographers hiding behind trees with telescopic zoom lenses.

By the way, it's actually lulz not lutz (lutz is a corruption of lulz which is a corruption of lol)

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well ok Tom then let me ask you this. Have YOU ever audited a tomato? Come on admit it. That's how you blew up your e-meter I'm sure of it.

ScudMuffin

Silver Meritorious Patron
I posted the following text on the Colorado Anonymous website (www.coanon.org) while discussing the purpose of Anonymous. I finally got what Anonymous was about (at least in part). I used to wonder why tons of kids would show up in front of the Church of Scientology and caper about dancing to "Never gonna give you up." Well, now I'm not wondering any more - the reason is: Scientology is crazy.

Basically. Not only can we bring down a cult but we can mercilessly take the piss and have a party at the same time.

What's not to like?

Good twin

Floater
Scientology really is lulzy as hell. I can't believe how seriously I took myself while promoting and delivering a cartoon religion. :lol:

DCAnon

Scientology really is lulzy as hell. I can't believe how seriously I took myself while promoting and delivering a cartoon religion. :lol:

See? That's the exact reason we're here and we won't stop. That humorless "Unwarrented Self Importance" that Scientology has. Good trolls always target something that takes itself waaaaay too seriously! That way, it's even funnier when they get pissed off and blustery about it.

WrongPlaceRightTime

Patron Meritorious
Scientology threatens, members cower.
Scientology threatens, Ex-Scientologists retreat into a cloud of paranoia. Scientology threatens, Anonymous laughs.

Anonymous works because they just don't give a fig.

This kind of public ridicule is exactly what Scientology deserves.

klidov

You know, the reason the pic of Elron & the tomatoes is so funny, is because Elron is trying to hard to look serious!!!!

And studious! (We cannot forget that!)

:lol:

(I'll bet if the e-meter blew when Elron was auditing that tomato, he would have crapped in his pants!!!!)

:lol:

Last edited:

byte301

Crusader
In case any of you are wondering what happened to that tomato...it got all the way to OTIII.

Here's a picture of it right after completion:

:angry:

I hear it refused to write a success story and then blew right out of AOLA.

Moonchild

Patron with Honors
In the OP I notice the meter is facing the camera, not LRH.

Maybe the point was "observe how the needle moves as I beam different thoughts at the red stuff"?

Like: "WOW! What a beautiful tomato you are! You're going to grow big and fat and will produce many seeds that will ensure future generations of big juicy tomatoes just like yourself!"

Or on the other hand: "Hmmm, I'm feeling peckish; I really fancy a cheese and tomato sandwich right now".

:whistling:

FlunkedForLaughing

Patron with Honors
I like your congnition. I agree. This explains why Anonymous doesn't just go away. It's like a big bulbait on Scientology.

Regarding the tomato, I heard an LRH lecture about his research into plants, to see if plants had feelings. He was using the emeter to see if he could detect their Thetan. He supposedly had these huge tomato plants, and other plants that he got to grow super big by keeping in good communication with them (talking to them), and handling any upsets they had, and they rewarded him by growing huge and winning some horticulture contests. But then again, LRH lied about other things too.

Yes, Scientology is absurd, weird, and crazy. Let's go have some fun.

FFL

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Lucky

CofS is just lucky that Mark Bunker (Wise Beard Guy) asked "Anonymous" to leave them some internet space to speak for themselves; you (CofS) have your biggest "enemy" to thank.

:spacecraft:

ScudMuffin

That and not wanting to get arrested. Original idea was to give them a good taste of their own medicine. They harrassed and got harrassed, they supressed free speach and got their speach supressed. Eye for an Eye there.

Seriously, they don't like it when the boot is on the other foot do they?

Feral

Rogue male
Later when Ron wrote the data series he referred back to that "tomato" time and said of his tomatoes that he was able to grow 40 tomatoes to the truss . Now that truss has only two on it, there were three or so missing toms, that makes five, 40 toms COULD NOT BE SUPPORTED by the truss. He also said that he created "ever bearing tomatoes" ,there is no such thing.

Hubbard was a legend in his own mind and he took his tomatoes very seriously.

Just saying.

anonmom

Patron with Honors
Has anyone noticed that Hubbard's tomato was very teenie? If he was growing such huge and prolific tomatoes, why didn't we get a picture of them? Crips Ron, pics or GTFO!