What's new

excommunication

thefiredragon

Patron Meritorious
Hi.I was wondering if there are any legal actions I could take toward one of the cults who call themselve christians and claim to be helping to the homeless
there is my story
After I left the cult of Scientology,I thought I never will get to any cult again but many years later I had some personal issues that made me to lose all my money and go stay with my kids at one of the missions that claim to be christians.

As soon as I came there, I had an interview where I was told how lucky I am because they deny hundreds of people every day and they picked my family out of all of them. That was the first red flag.Then I was giving a drug test, a pregnancy test(they don't take pregnant women). Then one of the ladies had to take a pic of the happy family. My kids weren't happy, they were tired, hungry, they just lost their stepdad and their sister but the lady was keep on pressuring them to smile, so they could send a pic to their sponsors to show them how happy are people to be here. She was like " come on, smile, you will miss your dinner, we can not bless you if you don't help us to do that. Show how happy you are!" and so on. For half an hour.
That was the second red flag.
The third red flag was when I realize, my kids had to be in the program all day , that is preety much like Caddet Org in Sea Org. The parents had to take EPF-like program where they worked for free and taking lots of Bilbe classes and watch lots of christian moviess, then initial it on check sheet.
While that was going on, I almost never saw my kids.
One evening I saw my 6 year old daugher with a bruise and a scratch on her face and she told me that some teenage girl in the bathroom asked her if she wants to have sex and my daughter, not knowing what it was, said yes.
I took her to the room and audited her. Then I took her to my case manager and the teenage girl confessed and was sent to coulneling by DCF (police and DCF was called) and I was recomended to send my daugter to counceling to. Then I started getting reports from ther daycare that my daughter is ..what they call it .."making provocative movements" and trying to kiss other kids and acts the way 6 year old should not.The worst part was not that. The wort part was , the kids were calling her "gay", "lesbian" and other names, and she did not even know what that means.
I skipped one of their chappel services and audited her again. Got her totally keyed out, she stoppted humping people and started acting normal again
DCF closed the case.
Then a few month later, some boy exposed himself in the bathroom infront of her.
She got so keyed in and started humping kids again. DCF was called again and this time the cult was trying to say, she must was molested at the young age and I don't know anything about it and she MUST go to counceling, because it is very bad for their PR. Because I was working at thet time off campus and saving up money on THEIR account, I could not miss my work to take her to the srink, becides,
I did not think that sitting in the room with lots of other little kids whe was really rapped and listening their stories, will help. I said I'd talk to her again and I audited her again, got her totally keyed out.
Because I got her totaly keyed out, her "councelor" got a credit for it and all she did, is letting her to play computer games in her office.
Then lots of other stuff happened at that cult , that I won't mention here but one of them, for example, admin decided that is a great idea to kick out everybody who smokes tobaco. (I don't smoke myself but I know, it's hard to quit) Everybody were given a notice to quit before the certain day because "the body is a temple" and when people smoke , they don't please God,obviously. ( I never actually saw in the Bible anything against smoking,but may be it was because it was written a way before that.
Anyway,to all the drugs tests, pregnancy tests and a bunch of other tets, they added tobaco test and lots of people (even women with kids) got kicked out for failing. The room search got worce, the person in charge was not just looking for food to throw away ( we weren't allowed to keep the food in the room)nbut also for the cigarets and other staff.
It was getting worce and worce.
I had a some money saved up ontheir account. (everybody who lives here must deposit their income ontheir account and if they need some money for something important, they have to get it aproved) I think, I had like, 3000 or something ,was not much but was enough to move out. I found the place and told them I can't stand living like that , I have to leave and they got the idea that(judging by the way I act) I was not "saved" and they can not let me leave untill I was "saved".
Then I got the firs letter , saying that if I leave,they will charge my account $700 of room damages.Obviosly, my room was not in the same condition I moved in ( the ladder o the bunk bed was broken, the blanket had a stain on it , scratches on the dresser , some pait on the pillow and the towel rag n the bathroom was broken) I e-mailed picture to a friend who works inhome repair and he estimated damages under $50. I went out and spent some money to repair brocken things and they still were not happy.Then I got the second letter saying that they will charge my account $50 if I move out right away, before may the 7th.
(because someody else who needed to be saved ws about to move in, and I guess, they gave up on "saving" me)
I borrowed money and got me 2 bedroom apartment and started moving out and speaking out about them.I told to some recidents what happened and called them a cult,and as soon as I did, I got the 3d letter, saying that "for the sake of the kids " I can stay untill the school is over,but if after I move out they will find some damages that they did not notice before,(and I'm sure, they will) my account will be charged $ 3000.
Then my case manager came to me , trying to set the guilt trips on me, counting every little thing they spent on me, ( food, christmas presents, clothing, )and so on. I reminded her that I donated lots of food to their cult ( I had food stamps at that time) , plus, I washed the dishes for a month for free,and did other stuff but she said it was just a dropp in the bucket,comparring to what they did for me.
Well, right now I have my own place,but I'm afraid because they can try to fairgame me by doing several thing wich I will not mention here, but there is something that my case manager knows about me that she could start real troubles, if she wanted.
( warning! when you get yourself into the cult, do not say anything to you "case manager" that can be used against you)
I don't know if I am the only person that they are trying to fairgame. They are very nice to people who gives them nice reviews and writes testimonies and keep their PR up.

Last edited:

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yep, you were in another cult, firedragon. Cults are here, all over, in all religions - some cults do not even require the religion part. Check out martial arts cults . . .

And you sound angry. Good for you. Use it to move on. As to whether you can do anything about it :confused2: - I don't know. I guess telling your story helps. Identifying the 'church' helps too, not just calling it and what happened to you 'Christianity'. Not all Chiristian churches/missions and not all Christians are like that, though I will admit, some are like that. :yes:

It is time to move on, and maybe look at why you keep moving into cults. What need in you is being met (at least temporarily) by getting involved in a cult (more than once). Hey, it happens, to lots of us - More than a few times.

BUT - Look at how fast you figured this one out.

So what do you have to do, to get your needs met, without depending on others - or a cult? Is it even possible? You have kids, that makes it harder, much harder, to get all the needs met, of you and the kids. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do, to take care of everyone. And if a Christian cult got you a bit further down that path, then be grateful for what it did provide. Be pissed for what it stole from you. Post your story, warn people, move on - take care of your kids and yourself.

Best of luck - firedragon. I know it is not easy. But it is possible, to get through this - and have a good family life. Keep trying. Keep looking. Find a homeless shelter that is not religiously based. They are out there, aren't they?

thefiredragon

Patron Meritorious
Thanks :) I'm doing ok, my kids too. I just transfered them to another school, in another county.
I googled for the word "excommunication" and learned a lot. :yes:

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Good for you, firedragon. :clap: I hope going forward from this point on will be a happier experience for you. :yes:

thefiredragon

Patron Meritorious
Thanks, Lurker5.I just blew freezone, plus this thing happened, I just had to write it up, I don'treally care about the money,they can keep it. But I'm concerned about other people in tat cult. The day blew that cult, I talked to a guy who left tht cult with his wife and then they both came back a month later. I asked him what made him to go back and he said, they were smoking weed before that and while they were in the mission they were able to quit and then they went back to the old habit.
"We had to come back," he said. "We need a discipline. We can't make it on our own out there" and I hought, "wow, they took them back right away as soon as they admited they need it, is not that amaizing?

Thanks, Lurker5.I just blew freezone, plus this thing happened, I just had to write it up, I don'treally care about the money,they can keep it. But I'm concerned about other people in tat cult. The day blew that cult, I talked to a guy who left tht cult with his wife and then they both came back a month later. I asked him what made him to go back and he said, they were smoking weed before that and while they were in the mission they were able to quit and then they went back to the old habit.
"We had to come back," he said. "We need a discipline. We can't make it on our own out there" and I hought, "wow, they took them back right away as soon as they admited they need it, is not that amaizing?

Trading one addiction for another is not my idea of discipline, but it's not my life, if that's what they want out of life, more power to them.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron

I have noticed this before /\ /\ /\ /\

And ChuckNorris/Lawn is also right - about trading addictions. Hopefully when that happens, it is for one less destructive . . . :confused2:

That said, back to my original point - I have noticed before, that people who go back to cults, or a bad situation, are taking the easy way out. It is easier to go back than to leave. To leave means to create a whole new life -and start with nothing. To begin again. It is hard work. It is scarey.

Isn't it easier, just easier, so much easier, to go back, and sighing deeply, just put up with the crap, so one can feel safe and secure - and not have to work at finding all that on one's own ???

Hey, I have been there - that wanting to go back, feeling alone, lost, bereft, and I want to fill the void that has been left - with 'something' - but I am just too tired and worn out and down in the dumps to handle life on my own . . . . :sadsigh: That feeling of drowning and no one is extending a hand to save . . .

We have seen posts from people fresh out, feeling lonely and lost, bereft and not knowing what to do NOW. It is easier to just go back - EXCEPT - one is selling one's Soul - and Life - one's SELF - for a bit of imaginary security. Look what has to be given up, in payment - to not feel lonely and lost and bereft - which BTW - is just a feeling and only lasts a little while, until one gets one's life on the move, up and rolling again. Then - eventually - it will flower - Life/Self - and after THAT, one is never going back. Life is good and wonderful - when one is FREE.

But be careful about getting caught in another cult like situation, because, really, the ex-cultee's psyche has been set up for it, from past experience. There will be a few falls and mistakes, maybe even a lot of mistakes, in that direction, perhaps, but one can learn from every one of them, and get smarter about it for the future.

Keep getting up, dusting self off, moving on and forward - never go back. :no:

But face it, unless one is a sociopath, one is always gonna get fooled by someone who is, because the sociopath has no conscience - and can do - does do - anything - without regard to another, and does 'things' that regular folks would never dream of doing to another living being - not even to a stranger - or even one's enemy . . .

The Sociopath . . .
Most cults, cult like situations, totalitarian govts, etc, are run by sociopaths. Honest good folks who trust are like sitting ducks. The sociopath picks 'em off, at his/her leisure - pleasure - in self absorbed narcissism - pulling wings off of butterflies.

**** Anyone having left a cult has knowledge of how that works, and can help others as well as one's self to understand the inherent evil - and how to spot it, avoid it, expose it. ****

Good Job :bravo: Firedragon :clap:

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
First, good job firedragon for getting out of the cult.

Second: Let this be a lesson to any lurker thinking about joining scio or any other brainwashing cult:

WHEN YOU LET OTHER PEOPLE TELL YOU HOW TO LIVE YOUR LIFE, WHAT TO DO AND HOW TO ACT, THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS.

Nothing good comes out of doing this. Sure, it feels good in the beginning to be part of the 'big group' with all of the lovebombing and hugs. The end result however, is disaster.

Hi.I was wondering if there are any legal actions I could take toward one of the cults who call themselve christians and claim to be helping to the homeless
there is my story
After I left the cult of Scientology,I thought I never will get to any cult again but many years later I had some personal issues that made me to lose all my money and go stay with my kids at one of the missions that claim to be christians.

As soon as I came there, I had an interview where I was told how lucky I am because they deny hundreds of people every day and they picked my family out of all of them. That was the first red flag.Then I was giving a drug test, a pregnancy test(they don't take pregnant women). Then one of the ladies had to take a pic of the happy family. My kids weren't happy, they were tired, hungry, they just lost their stepdad and their sister but the lady was keep on pressuring them to smile, so they could send a pic to their sponsors to show them how happy are people to be here. She was like " come on, smile, you will miss your dinner, we can not bless you if you don't help us to do that. Show how happy you are!" and so on. For half an hour.
That was the second red flag.
The third red flag was when I realize, my kids had to be in the program all day , that is preety much like Caddet Org in Sea Org. The parents had to take EPF-like program where they worked for free and taking lots of Bilbe classes and watch lots of christian moviess, then initial it on check sheet.
While that was going on, I almost never saw my kids.
One evening I saw my 6 year old daugher with a bruise and a scratch on her face and she told me that some teenage girl in the bathroom asked her if she wants to have sex and my daughter, not knowing what it was, said yes.
I took her to the room and audited her. Then I took her to my case manager and the teenage girl confessed and was sent to coulneling by DCF (police and DCF was called) and I was recomended to send my daugter to counceling to. Then I started getting reports from ther daycare that my daughter is ..what they call it .."making provocative movements" and trying to kiss other kids and acts the way 6 year old should not.The worst part was not that. The wort part was , the kids were calling her "gay", "lesbian" and other names, and she did not even know what that means.
I skipped one of their chappel services and audited her again. Got her totally keyed out, she stoppted humping people and started acting normal again
DCF closed the case.
Then a few month later, some boy exposed himself in the bathroom infront of her.
She got so keyed in and started humping kids again. DCF was called again and this time the cult was trying to say, she must was molested at the young age and I don't know anything about it and she MUST go to counceling, because it is very bad for their PR. Because I was working at thet time off campus and saving up money on THEIR account, I could not miss my work to take her to the srink, becides,
I did not think that sitting in the room with lots of other little kids whe was really rapped and listening their stories, will help. I said I'd talk to her again and I audited her again, got her totally keyed out.
Because I got her totaly keyed out, her "councelor" got a credit for it and all she did, is letting her to play computer games in her office.
Then lots of other stuff happened at that cult , that I won't mention here but one of them, for example, admin decided that is a great idea to kick out everybody who smokes tobaco. (I don't smoke myself but I know, it's hard to quit) Everybody were given a notice to quit before the certain day because "the body is a temple" and when people smoke , they don't please God,obviously. ( I never actually saw in the Bible anything against smoking,but may be it was because it was written a way before that.
Anyway,to all the drugs tests, pregnancy tests and a bunch of other tets, they added tobaco test and lots of people (even women with kids) got kicked out for failing. The room search got worce, the person in charge was not just looking for food to throw away ( we weren't allowed to keep the food in the room)nbut also for the cigarets and other staff.
It was getting worce and worce.
I had a some money saved up ontheir account. (everybody who lives here must deposit their income ontheir account and if they need some money for something important, they have to get it aproved) I think, I had like, 3000 or something ,was not much but was enough to move out. I found the place and told them I can't stand living like that , I have to leave and they got the idea that(judging by the way I act) I was not "saved" and they can not let me leave untill I was "saved".
Then I got the firs letter , saying that if I leave,they will charge my account $700 of room damages.Obviosly, my room was not in the same condition I moved in ( the ladder o the bunk bed was broken, the blanket had a stain on it , scratches on the dresser , some pait on the pillow and the towel rag n the bathroom was broken) I e-mailed picture to a friend who works inhome repair and he estimated damages under $50. I went out and spent some money to repair brocken things and they still were not happy.Then I got the second letter saying that they will charge my account $50 if I move out right away, before may the 7th.
(because someody else who needed to be saved ws about to move in, and I guess, they gave up on "saving" me)
I borrowed money and got me 2 bedroom apartment and started moving out and speaking out about them.I told to some recidents what happened and called them a cult,and as soon as I did, I got the 3d letter, saying that "for the sake of the kids " I can stay untill the school is over,but if after I move out they will find some damages that they did not notice before,(and I'm sure, they will) my account will be charged $ 3000.
Then my case manager came to me , trying to set the guilt trips on me, counting every little thing they spent on me, ( food, christmas presents, clothing, )and so on. I reminded her that I donated lots of food to their cult ( I had food stamps at that time) , plus, I washed the dishes for a month for free,and did other stuff but she said it was just a dropp in the bucket,comparring to what they did for me.
Well, right now I have my own place,but I'm afraid because they can try to fairgame me by doing several thing wich I will not mention here, but there is something that my case manager knows about me that she could start real troubles, if she wanted.
( warning! when you get yourself into the cult, do not say anything to you "case manager" that can be used against you)
I don't know if I am the only person that they are trying to fairgame. They are very nice to people who gives them nice reviews and writes testimonies and keep their PR up.
o wow!

grrrrrrrrREAT post FD

thanx

well...

what they did is touchy, of course, but on the other hand there can never be too much assistance avalable to the homeless. ESPECIALLY to homeless families. yes, what they did is touchy but there are also several pluspoints for them in your story.

and...

not only are the outpoints tolerable it does appear from your account the outpoints are well monitored by independent and well empowered persons. (your post is excedingly well written)

and...

they have limited resources for a very important task.

thus...

it is very important for them to have several noticeable but tolerable outpoints so that people of your character and ability will leave at an opportune moment so they can help the next person in line.

and...

$3000 on account is just about the perfect moment for someone of your character and ability to say "thank you for your help. please do just as well for the next family"

SUPERB!!! post firedragon

luv ya

smartone

My Own Boss
Hi there firedragon. I really enjoyed your post and am sorry you had to go through all that. It's a horrible place to be when you have to depend on somebody else through no choice. Anyhoo, well done for getting through it and I hope you're all settled down now and moving on in life. :)

thefiredragon

Patron Meritorious
Thanks,guys. I'll do my best to stay out of the cults from now on.
My kids also need to learn about making own choices. Hope they won't end up like me