What's new

FCDC circa 1970

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that we've got Cold Duck in here, let's pop the cork on a few bottle of champagne, have a few Maine lobsters and weep over Jeff Cronin not yet having completed his trip into egomadness.

And yes, I remember the Pandora's Box spread. I've done a google search for the pics but, ::: sigh ::: , nothing but ::: sigh ::: Pandora's boxes.
 
There must be quite a number of oldtimers still lurking around the DC area. I know many are far away, but I could make the trip in 2 hours.
 
That's not so bad! :D Maybe we can have a cook out or something. We can grill up some meats, crack open a beer, and set up a shady spot to enjoy the day.

Also, here be yar new "Ideal Org." Can't you just see all the millions that went into it?

construction-back-side.jpg
 
I took the Comm Course in 1976. I joined staff a few months later. I was the "first" D/SSO "on the planet" and when I went PTS and blew the org, LRH wrote a program for me that later was named the Suppressed Person Rundown! (It seems so surreal now!) I was in Qual with Jeannie Franks, Rick Olsen, and Jon Mervine. After I married Allen Blake, we left the org for a few years. We came back, got divorced, and I waitressed at the Duck for a few years. Lots of staff used to hang out there. It was near Conn. & S. I was Patty Crowe's ED Comm for the last few years that I was on staff. I successfully routed off staff (another first!) when my contract was done. Re-married, had kids, went to grad school, no longer married, and am happy in a relationship with a non-Scientologist. He found out about my being in Scieltology because some call-in guy called me several times one evening about coming to an event. That was 3 years ago and we're still together. I think it would be great to get together and talk about old times! The FBI raid, book and bottle, body routing...oh my!
 
The old org..

on 19th St.-was a rundown-seedy-piece of crap. But- for a while and it was a for a very short piece of time--it was like a "playhouse" for newly minted youngins--we had tons of hope for OT World-gads of enthusiasm-incredible energy-lots of play toys [one another and the public]-humor-sense of adventure and fun-fun- fun!
This new building-this "ideal org" seems to me -like a "hottie" way past her prime--with way too much make up--liposuction moldings-a botox facade-and sadly filled with elders who laugh no more.
 
I took the Comm Course in 1976. I joined staff a few months later. I was the "first" D/SSO "on the planet" and when I went PTS and blew the org, LRH wrote a program for me that later was named the Suppressed Person Rundown! (It seems so surreal now!) I was in Qual with Jeannie Franks, Rick Olsen, and Jon Mervine. After I married Allen Blake, we left the org for a few years. We came back, got divorced, and I waitressed at the Duck for a few years. Lots of staff used to hang out there. It was near Conn. & S. I was Patty Crowe's ED Comm for the last few years that I was on staff. I successfully routed off staff (another first!) when my contract was done. Re-married, had kids, went to grad school, no longer married, and am happy in a relationship with a non-Scientologist. He found out about my being in Scieltology because some call-in guy called me several times one evening about coming to an event. That was 3 years ago and we're still together. I think it would be great to get together and talk about old times! The FBI raid, book and bottle, body routing...oh my!

Welcome aboard Colduck! :) ESMB and the FCDC Mini-reality welcomes you.

Zinj
 
I took the Comm Course in 1976. I joined staff a few months later. I was the "first" D/SSO "on the planet" and when I went PTS and blew the org, LRH wrote a program for me that later was named the Suppressed Person Rundown! (It seems so surreal now!) I was in Qual with Jeannie Franks, Rick Olsen, and Jon Mervine. After I married Allen Blake, we left the org for a few years. We came back, got divorced, and I waitressed at the Duck for a few years. Lots of staff used to hang out there. It was near Conn. & S. I was Patty Crowe's ED Comm for the last few years that I was on staff. I successfully routed off staff (another first!) when my contract was done. Re-married, had kids, went to grad school, no longer married, and am happy in a relationship with a non-Scientologist. He found out about my being in Scieltology because some call-in guy called me several times one evening about coming to an event. That was 3 years ago and we're still together. I think it would be great to get together and talk about old times! The FBI raid, book and bottle, body routing...oh my!

Nice to hear the update. Often wonder where the old staff go. Except of course for the few that can still be seen on sparrow's raid videos. I used to see Blake around up until the mid-80's or so, but not since then. Did you stay in touch with him?
 
It's great for us that you decided to re-sign and join us.
Special Ed Teachers are so very special to me--I hold your profession in the "highest regard"--thanks for doing what you are doing....of course-a good scillion wouldn't and couldn't do what you do - as you are actually "helping" another!!!!!!! And- I bet - you are not charging $1000.00 an hour for your work. When were you at fcdc?

Thank you! I love what I do! Not everyone thinks being a teacher is anything special. I started at FCDC in 1976. Where were you there?
 
Nice to hear the update. Often wonder where the old staff go. Except of course for the few that can still be seen on sparrow's raid videos. I used to see Blake around up until the mid-80's or so, but not since then. Did you stay in touch with him?

I have not had any contact with Allen since the mid-80's also. However, you probably have more of an interest in seeing him than I do! :) I am not familiar with the "sparrow's raid videos." What is that?
 
Colduck--

Thank you! I love what I do! Not everyone thinks being a teacher is anything special. I started at FCDC in 1976. Where were you there?

I was there from 70 to 75--missed you by a year....
A good teacher is worth their weight in "gold".
 
You're in for some time on youtube if you have not seen any of these. You'll recognize quite a few folks I imagine.

http://www.youtube.com/user/anonsparrow1

This is amazing...thanks for the link! I don't know how most people on this site feel but I don't hate Scientology. I have no interest in doing it anymore and can't imagine going back to do services. However, I never knew anyone (besides Bill Franks who was an arrogant control freak) who didn't think they were helping people. I don't know first hand of any blackmailing, putting contracts out on people or any of the other rumors that are going around. Maybe all that stuff was done by people way up there, but at FCDC I believe we all thought we were trying to help. We left eventually because of finances, disagreements, whatever. And then we grew up and entered real life. How do other ex-FCDCers feel about this?
 
Well, I'm not an ex but the people who are part of FCDC for the most part now are unhappy, mean, and focused more on shaking people down for money to pay for their "ideal org" than anything. Personally, I have had cameras shoved in my face. I've been followed on the metro on at least three occasions where I've actually caught them and I've witnessed other people, including minors, being stalked by Scientologists after protests. I have been insulted, threatened with physical violence, and screamed at on the street. I know people who received threatening letters accusing them of being terrorists in an effort to harass, slander, and intimidate them. These letters are sent to the parents of protesters, to college students, and even to exes at their place of business in the hopes of ruining their reputations in front of their bosses and co-workers. I have been physically assaulted by a Scientologist only a month ago right in front of the building while other Scientologists took pictures of the attack and everyone involved has refused to cooperate with the police in finding this guy who is believed to be named Greg Layton, an OT8. There have actually been two assaults in FCDC recently, I have also witnessed physical attacks on other peaceful protesters resulting in the charging of Scientologist Reinhard Koening with simple assault. He is facing a large fine and up to 180 days in prison.

They're not rumors, that's what I've seen with my own two eyes. And FCDC is MUCH tamer than the orgs in Florida and California. Maybe they still believe they're trying to help, but that since we're "suppressive people" and according to LRH don't warrent human rights, we're an acceptable casualty in their attempts to clear the planet. :no: If you're ever in town, stop by for a visit at the org and see what happens when you start asking questions. If they don't lump you right into the same "terrorist nazi communist KKK german psych funded marcabian death cult" genre as the rest of us, you'll see some angry, volitile people ready to lash out at whoever is around.
 
<snip>. We left eventually because of finances, disagreements, whatever. And then we grew up and entered real life. How do other ex-FCDCers feel about this?

Very well said...we grew up! I have a suspicion that those still in have never grown up. It saddens me to think of Greg Wilhere and Joan Tourtellot still in Scn's clutches. The truth is that it was all a waste of time and a theft of money.
 
This is amazing...thanks for the link! I don't know how most people on this site feel but I don't hate Scientology. I have no interest in doing it anymore and can't imagine going back to do services. However, I never knew anyone (besides Bill Franks who was an arrogant control freak) who didn't think they were helping people. I don't know first hand of any blackmailing, putting contracts out on people or any of the other rumors that are going around. Maybe all that stuff was done by people way up there, but at FCDC I believe we all thought we were trying to help. We left eventually because of finances, disagreements, whatever. And then we grew up and entered real life. How do other ex-FCDCers feel about this?

I can't believe that Cowboy (Bill Nichols) believed he was helping anyone when he had students in the Academy liten to tapes at fsst speed.

People certainly enter Scientology and staff with the intention to help, but after awhile, and especially nowadays, where does one see the actual help?

The Anabaptist Jacques
 
Mucho Interesting

Well, I'm not an ex but the people who are part of FCDC for the most part now are unhappy, mean, and focused more on shaking people down for money to pay for their "ideal org" than anything. Personally, I have had cameras shoved in my face. I've been followed on the metro on at least three occasions where I've actually caught them and I've witnessed other people, including minors, being stalked by Scientologists after protests. I have been insulted, threatened with physical violence, and screamed at on the street. I know people who received threatening letters accusing them of being terrorists in an effort to harass, slander, and intimidate them. These letters are sent to the parents of protesters, to college students, and even to exes at their place of business in the hopes of ruining their reputations in front of their bosses and co-workers. I have been physically assaulted by a Scientologist only a month ago right in front of the building while other Scientologists took pictures of the attack and everyone involved has refused to cooperate with the police in finding this guy who is believed to be named Greg Layton, an OT8. There have actually been two assaults in FCDC recently, I have also witnessed physical attacks on other peaceful protesters resulting in the charging of Scientologist Reinhard Koening with simple assault. He is facing a large fine and up to 180 days in prison.

They're not rumors, that's what I've seen with my own two eyes. And FCDC is MUCH tamer than the orgs in Florida and California. Maybe they still believe they're trying to help, but that since we're "suppressive people" and according to LRH don't warrent human rights, we're an acceptable casualty in their attempts to clear the planet. :no: If you're ever in town, stop by for a visit at the org and see what happens when you start asking questions. If they don't lump you right into the same "terrorist nazi communist KKK german psych funded marcabian death cult" genre as the rest of us, you'll see some angry, volitile people ready to lash out at whoever is around.

Oh this is mucho interesting, DCAnon. They're getting openly hostile. That's a step in the direction of the Cornered-Rat Syndrome which I strongly suspect them to eventually go into. When they do, please get OFF THE GODDAMN STREETS!.
 
Wilhere

Oh yes, Winston, I'm glad you brought him up. This thread needs to be loaded with carryings on about Greg. That motherfucker is BETRAYING our Spirit of FCDC. We need to applaude him, trash him, rake him over hot coals, over cold farts and rip him a new brainhole.
 
Quote from Myssy (my quote function isn't working)
Oh yes, Winston, I'm glad you brought him up. This thread needs to be loaded with carryings on about Greg. That motherfucker is BETRAYING our Spirit of FCDC. We need to applaude him, trash him, rake him over hot coals, over cold farts and rip him a new brainhole.

Oh Myssy. I loved Greg Wilhere. At a time when things started to get pretty insane, he didn't lose it, and took flak to guard and protect what sanity remained. At least, that's what I observed from my position at the time. I was probably a pain in the ass to him, but whenever I needed help or back up and went to him for it, he used his position to help. A decade later when Sandy was in ANZO, she did the same. :bigcry:

I still love him, and have a hope for good things from him.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top